20240328_091907 (resized).jpg
20240328_091912 (resized).jpg
20240326_130903 (resized).jpg
20240327_085933 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_090153_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240326_234550 (resized).jpg
20240326_234700 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,213 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 445.
#5451 3 years ago

Thanks for the compliments on the flipper cooling kit. I'd write more but i'm on my phone because Spectrum's down AGAIN.

I'm still shipping out the backlog of orders for it but should be caught up by the weekend.

#5452 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s already not the best way to score big. It’s a good way to get massive end of ball bonuses though.

Scoring the big scores in this game is maximizing the total isolation modes, the demogorgon modes and the season mini wizard modes.

That sounds cool, but previously there was the following conversation, which is where I got the feeling that scoring big was best achieved by playing the MBs:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Main complaints I hear from my friends:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Multiball all day and exploit the bonus doesn’t make them want to do anything else.

Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

What do you mean exploit the bonus?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve seen my friends more than once on current code get 500-1billion in bonus regularly.

Just get lots of jackpots in MB and keep playing multiball. Get 75-100 million in base bonus and get 10x bonus x. Nothing feeds end of ball bonus except MB.

Curious what the going tournament strategies are.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Multiball until your arms fall off.

interesting, so people just keep playing the telekinesis multiball over and over? That would be boring I guess.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Well until you have to hit the targets like 5 times or so before the locks light. So at least 5-6 MBs. Do that and collect a ton of jackpots (the number of jackpots and super jackpots feed bonus). Best I’ve seen when someone was doing this was a billion after ball 1.

It was the above boring strategy I think linking the number of modes to the MB JP value would eliminate...

#5453 3 years ago

Fixing the bonus issue is all that is needed imo. That’s where playing the modes well should currently be rewarded (In addition to the mini wizard mode scoring boost)

If you look at the end of ball bonus count up one of the parts is related to chapter modes. It just doesn’t reward you at all for them. The only thing it rewards you for is MB success.

If they fix the end of ball bonus it will make you want to do well in all of those phases of the game and not just MB.

And currently when you’re trying for 3-4 billion, cashing in on a 500 million bonus isn’t going to do you much good unless you get bonus hold. (Not to mention is pretty hard to set up especially on the premium)

#5454 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Fixing the bonus issue is all that is needed imo. That’s where playing the modes well should currently be rewarded (In addition to the mini wizard mode scoring boost)

Ok... I hope they do that then... any idea if that might be in the pipeline! Personally I wouldn't play to get a big score if it means missing out on 90% of the game, but it would be great if at least the carrot enticing you to do it would be removed...

#5455 3 years ago

I’ve made it very clear to them that I think it’s important to get the end of ball bonus right.

At one point, 3-4 code versions ago, they said the bonus calculation wasn’t final and they are still working on it. We shall see what happens.

With a game like this that has a fairly simple ruleset, I think it’s important to get little stuff like this right.

We are now over a month from the last code update which is like double the amount of time they usually take to push one out.

I bet the next update will be a pretty big one and get the game pretty much at the finish line.

#5456 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I bet the next update will be a pretty big one and get the game pretty much at the finish line.

That would be excellent of course! Just sent the payment for my game today, should be on the road soon!

#5457 3 years ago

The mod I posted a query about previously is indeed a speaker panel mod, as better shown below... not sure I really like the idea of having something this big messing with the sound though...

Screenshot_20200918-153640_WhatsApp (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200918-153640_WhatsApp (resized).jpg
#5458 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks for the compliments on the flipper cooling kit. I'd write more but i'm on my phone because Spectrum's down AGAIN.
I'm still shipping out the backlog of orders for it but should be caught up by the weekend.

Got mine! Super fast. Thank you!!!

#5459 3 years ago
Quoted from Powerhouse47:

Got mine! Super fast. Thank you!!!

USPS is a crapshoot these days (the "we're awesome and reliable" commercials they started running crack me up because they don't match the reality), so glad to hear some of the longer-travel shipments are arriving in the normal shipping times.

#5460 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did I sign up for this? If I did sign up was it for one or two?

#5461 3 years ago

Truly makes you want to play just one more game even though it's way too late and you gotta be up early to get the kid ready for distance learning...[quoted image]

as a teacher, i approve of this message

#5462 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Did I sign up for this? If I did sign up was it for one or two?

I didn't have a waiting list, just put them up to buy in the pinmonk store here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/04203-tibetan-breeze-flipper-coil-cooling-kit

and also pinmonk.com here:
https://pinmonk.com/collections/tmnt-stern/products/tibetan-breeze-2-flipper-coil-cooling-kit

At the current rate, the first batch will probably be sold out sometime between tomorrow and Monday, but I'm only constrained by a couple parts (I have plenty of harnesses, foam, fans, boxes, etc), and they're already on the way, so I should have more sets late next week. I plan on making these for a long time, so everyone that wants them will be able to get them.

The Spooky harness adapter is in the works next. I have it made, so it just needs to be tested and then flipper coil cooling kits for Spooky machines will be ready to go as well.

#5463 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I didn't have a waiting list, just put them up to buy in the pinmonk store here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/04203-tibetan-breeze-flipper-coil-cooling-kit
and also pinmonk.com here:
https://pinmonk.com/collections/tmnt-stern/products/tibetan-breeze-2-flipper-coil-cooling-kit
At the current rate, the first batch will probably be sold out sometime between tomorrow and Monday, but I'm only constrained by a couple parts (I have plenty of harnesses, foam, fans, boxes, etc), and they're already on the way, so I should have more sets late next week. I plan on making these for a long time, so everyone that wants them will be able to get them.
The Spooky harness adapter is in the works next. I have it made, so it just needs to be tested and then flipper coil cooling kits for Spooky machines will be ready to go as well.

Ordered 1 for this and 1 for Munsters.

#5464 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Ordered 1 for this and 1 for Munsters.

Got the order, thanks. Haven't installed one on Munsters yet. Let me know how it goes. I don't forsee any problems with any of the Spike 2 installations once I raised the fans up and angled them down so they're out of the way of whatever nonsense Stern decided to pack in, around, and under the flipper plates below.

#5465 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

The mod I posted a query about previously is indeed a speaker panel mod, as better shown below... not sure I really like the idea of having something this big messing with the sound though...
[quoted image]

I wouldn't think it would effect the sound, but that may come down to how it is mounted and if there is any space between the back of that acrylic and the front of the speaker plate. Even more so would be what that pink / purple material is that covers the entire speaker area. I'm expecting it would be something like colored felt, but if it was something more solid I would think it would defiantly muffle the sound.

I'm wondering why they went in the honeycomb area for the border of the design, but I am expecting that they may have felt like they needed to do that on the inner walls and therefore decided to make the same uniform sized border on all 4 sides. I would agree with that call if the inner border had to be there at all, but I expect the design could have been made with only a bottom "floor" and no other visible borders at all. I would even expect the "floor" could have been made so it was out of view and just had the Demogorgon's feet coming out from the bottom of the honeycomb area.

Does it light up? Let's see some more pics.

#5466 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Does it light up? Let's see some more pics.

I'll definitely be paying attention to this mod... I'll try it installed and removed to see if I can detect any effect on sound... yes, that pink/purple backing could be an issue... the sound on pins is very important I think. Don't know if it lights up, game isn't with me yet, I only got pics from the seller. Might have it in a couple of weeks.

#5467 3 years ago

Hey folks. I just picked up a ST Prem today and have been testing and dialing it in.

The demogorgan shaker seems messed up. In the diag mode, when I test the demogorgan coil, it works fine and the toy shakes. But, during a game, I can hear the coil moving but the toy doesn't move at all.

Any ideas?

#5468 3 years ago

Not sure how that’s possible, because there is no switch that needs to activate to get it to shake

But you can go underneath the coil for the post that fires up and down to shake the demo and adjust it so it sits higher at rest, and shakes the demo more when it fires.

#5469 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure how that’s possible, because there is no switch that needs to activate to get it to shake
But you can go underneath the coil for the post that fires up and down to shake the demo and adjust it so it sits higher at rest, and shakes the demo more when it fires.

Yes, that was it. The post was all of the way down. I needed to put it up about 80% of the length of the screw to make it work properly. Good to go. It must be that because of the speed of the coil firing during game play that it doesn't travel as far.

Thanks! Time to see what else isn't quite right.

#5470 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Got the order, thanks. Haven't installed one on Munsters yet. Let me know how it goes. I don't forsee any problems with any of the Spike 2 installations once I raised the fans up and angled them down so they're out of the way of whatever nonsense Stern decided to pack in, around, and under the flipper plates below.

I’ll post my experiences with it in the Munsters thread. Hopefully it’s smooth sailing. But certainly up for helping identify and sort out any tweaks for that table.

#5471 3 years ago

Is this normal?

During games play the shot for extra ball just left of the drops is giving me credit as if I’m hitting left ramp.

I can get it into the shot 3 times and it will start a mode just as if i shot the left ramp 3 times.

Did they change this in code? I know it never use to do this but i haven’t touched mine since March

#5472 3 years ago

I believe there is a setting for it but yes that is correct. It will actually spot whichever mode shot that is closest to completion. The scoop also spots demo dog targets up to three as well I believe. This has been in since .9 I think.

#5473 3 years ago

Until you have played 2 modes, the mystery lane will spot mode shots and start modes.

Until you have played one demo dog mode, the saucer spots you demodog targets.

#5474 3 years ago

Awesome thank you both for clearing that up!

I was unaware of that change. I haven’t played the game since COVID happened so i wasn’t sure what was going on.

#5475 3 years ago

Hi Guys,
I have the option to buy a Stranger Things LE for a good price.
When it came out I was very disappointed while seeing the streams and I played the Pro and also wasn't overwhelmed...
What is the overall feeling at this moment?

#5476 3 years ago

This thread is full of owners. Probably won’t get too much hate on the game. Haha.

I like the game. It’s very solid and has good replay value. Not very deep code, but the game plays hard enough that it’s a decent challenge to get through the game. I’d say it’s similar difficulty to AFM to conquer.

BUT, be ready to put some tweaking time in to get the game playing great. Not many played great right out of the box.

I expect a few more code updates, but the game is almost complete as is. Should be 100% complete by the end of this year I’d say.

LEs are dirt cheap used compared to their NIB priced. Seen some go for 7500 or under.

#5477 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Hi Guys,
When it came out I was very disappointed while seeing the streams and I played the Pro and also wasn't overwhelmed...

I love the game! It is simple but can be brutal. It's got an addictive replay factor for me. I had to start forcing myself to play some other games in my collection but that also might be about where my skill level is. I'm good enough that it's still fun to play and I'm not just getting my ass kicked every game but not good enough that I have beat the game so I keep coming back.

#5478 3 years ago

Hi Guys,

I think it’s the best Stern in the last 24 months. I really love it.

#5479 3 years ago

Hi Guys,

I'm not an owner yet, but I will be next weekend! I had the chance to play an LE and was blown away. I couldn't walk away from it. I was completely sucked into the gameplay. The projection, the UV kit, the sound design and shaker integration. I'm not necessarily a huge fan of Stranger Things, but I liked the show. However I am a fan of the more simple layouts especially if they play fast and are fun to shoot, and I think this game checks those boxes.

If you haven't seen it, chuckwurt streamed a player view of the game, which I think is a better and more interesting representation of the gameplay rather than the directly above the game view. But I think standing in front of one and playing it is what sold me.

http://www.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball/v/739962145?sr=a&t=6s

#5480 3 years ago

Hi Guys,

I was in the same boat as you. I played a Pro just before COVID hit and I wasn't that impressed. After playing an LE last weekend I had the chance to get a Premium and was able to get it yesterday. Very impressed so far. Not overly complicated, which is nice for a change, but brutal enough to keep you on your toes. Great theme integration (the video on the playfield and the modes) and probably the best use of the LCD on any stern game. The LCD is not overly cluttered with data, has good imagery and very easy to read. This game is not getting much love from the pinball snobs, but it's very good for the average owner/player.

#5481 3 years ago

Hi Guys,

chuckwurt ’s assessment is very fair and balanced.

It’s not a bad game. The code is really coming together. A topper is on the way. But this table can be a major pain in the pinballs to dial in.

Playfield on Premium and LE is pretty barren and dare I say just bland and boring to me compared to other pins.

No surprises flow wise if you have an AFM/RFM or MMR already.

If you weren’t impressed by the pro I don’t personally think adding a washed out projector, some art blades, and temperamental multi-ball mech will make you feel any better about it.

#5482 3 years ago

Who needs a stinking topper when you can buy a f-ing Demogorgon?

Screenshot_20200921-132712_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200921-132712_Chrome (resized).jpg
#5483 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Who needs a stinking topper when you can buy a f-ing Demogorgon?
[quoted image]

That would not be safe in my house. I'd be cutting it up and modding it so the face opened and closed with the game. Probably light the mouth and make it growl, too. Who says toppers need to be on top? A synced full size demogorgon next to the machine would be very cool.

#5484 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That would not be safe in my house. I'd be cutting it up and modding it so the face opened and closed with the game. Probably light the mouth and make it growl, too. Who says toppers need to be on top? A synced full size demogorgon next to the machine would be very cool.

Right? I thought about lights, but not making it move! That would be rad!

#5485 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Right? I thought about lights, but not making it move! That would be rad!

You could probably also trigger the events wirelessly with bluetooth and a couple mini raspberry pi setups.

#5486 3 years ago

Picked up a new premium this weekend, this game is a blast!

#5487 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Welcome to the club. Get the UV kit. It's a must!

#5488 3 years ago

Has the scoring changed or am I just playing like crap lately because I have not hit a billion since putting the .98 code in?

#5489 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Has the scoring changed or am I just playing like crap lately because I have not hit a billion since putting the .98 code in?

Some of the total isolation scoring isn’t doubling like it used to. So when before a great total isolation could be 600-700, now it’s 300-400 million. Other than that it should be pretty similar. Scoring has gone up overall due to the second mini wizard mode getting added and that’s pretty much a guaranteed 300 million.

#5490 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Got my premium about 4 weeks ago and love it also. Congratulations! The UV kit is an absolute must as everyone says. Enjoy it. My wife and I are doing so.

#5491 3 years ago

Apologies if this has been covered, but I’m late to the party and I can’t scroll through 100+ pages...

Do we think there’s going to be another code update and, if so, any rumors of a video mode? I’d love to see Hopper shooting demo dogs in a video mode on the projector screen, ripped straight outta BSD. <drools>

Also...anybody heard any rumors about action button integration in a future update?

I know the topper is on the way...really looking forward to that as well.

Thanks all.

#5492 3 years ago

The game isn’t finished, so I would hope there would be at least a couple to a few more code updates.

Video mode is up in the air. Haven’t seen confirmation from stern it’s for sure coming. I would be surprised if they don’t do it. It’s what I think the Eleven mystery award is that currently does nothing. Great idea on the rules though. Love BSD video mode.

Expect the lockbar button to do nothing but start games and plunge balls.

#5493 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Brian said they're looking at ideas for the lockdown button and he wants to integrate it. I still like slapping people for each bullshit uttered, but he said that probably won't fly with the licensor.

#5494 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Brian said they're looking at ideas for the lockdown button and he wants to integrate it. I still like slapping people for each bullshit uttered, but he said that probably won't fly with the licensor.

That’s good. At LAX he didn’t seem to interested when I asked him. Haha

#5495 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s good. At LAX he didn’t seem to interested when I asked him. Haha

Last time I asked him about it was late Aug, so almost a month ago. He said he hoped they would be able to work out a few things for it, implying more than one mode/use.

#5496 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ask him about a BSD style demo dog video mode with Hopper shooting them

#5497 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The game isn’t finished, so I would hope there would be at least a couple to a few more code updates.
Video mode is up in the air. Haven’t seen confirmation from stern it’s for sure coming. I would be surprised if they don’t do it. It’s what I think the Eleven mystery award is that currently does nothing. Great idea on the rules though. Love BSD video mode.

Thanks for the info

#5498 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

Apologies if this has been covered, but I’m late to the party and I can’t scroll through 100+ pages...
Do we think there’s going to be another code update and, if so, any rumors of a video mode? I’d love to see Hopper shooting demo dogs in a video mode on the projector screen, ripped straight outta BSD. <drools>
Also...anybody heard any rumors about action button integration in a future update?
I know the topper is on the way...really looking forward to that as well.
Thanks all.

Great idea with the BSD style video mode. I'm not big on video modes at all, but that's a good one. And why not combine the action button with it? That way you could shoot left, right, and center. That would be fun, as long as not overused. Once per game only please (I'm looking at you Star Wars...).

#5499 3 years ago

the BSD video mode !? well, you're talking about this one right ?

(my crazy son lol )

#5500 3 years ago

Well it would be nice if the new one isn’t exactly the same every time. So like BSD, but not exactly like it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Rogers, AR
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,213 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 445.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.