IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 448.
#5401 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

This is adjustable through the settings, or you dimmed them another way?

general settings

#5402 3 years ago

put in the digdug mod, Christmas Tree Lights and Arcade mod in...

#5403 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Cool... does the arcade sign mod keep stopping and starting on purpose? That part I'd find a tad annoying if so...

#5404 3 years ago

Looks like when the light goes out, it stops spinning.

#5405 3 years ago

Alrighty, I bet we get a new code update in the next week to 10 days so let’s start speculating:

1.0!!!!! I’m hoping for a big update.

I say scoring is tweaked on the two season mini wizard modes, and more fanfare added.

Final showdown is added. Honestly I have no idea how the rules will go on this. I hope it has a decently long ball save 30-40 seconds. I hope it incorporates the magnet somehow on the premium/LE, and the demogorgon. Maybe bring together all the shots and aspects of the game into the final mode. Require saucer shots, burn it backs, feeding the mystery lane, clearing drops, spins and pop bumper hits.

Maybe something like each shot is a wave of demo dogs that are coming out of the upside down and you have to hit each shot enough times to send them back and then send back the mind flayer at the demo shot once all demo dogs are sent back. If you take too long to clear the demo dogs, they get to you and end the mode, or at least damage you and you have to do something to get back on track.

Make sure to make the demo mouth kill way more valuable than a bash kill. Maybe have to do two mouth shots or 10 bashes to kill the mind flayer. Doubled if a combo.

Hopefully end of ball bonus balancing, video mode, and collecting the drawings implementation too.

#5406 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Looks like when the light goes out, it stops spinning.

Yes, personally I'd try and find a place to plug it in that's got constant voltage when the game's in play...

#5407 3 years ago

Yes, personally I'd try and find a place to plug it in that's got constant voltage when the game's in play...

We have two versions of the arcade sign on our site. One is interactive with any insert light you choose and for that version we use a slightly faster motor. The second, which is less expensive, uses a slower motor and is on all the time. I prefer the interactive version.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Looks great, thanks for sharing them.

#5408 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Alrighty, I bet we get a new code update in the next week to 10 days so let’s start speculating

DJ Mixer
Video Mode
Action Button added
And of course Co-op

#5409 3 years ago

All good things. Definitely could use more center button, but I’m not expecting much. Would be cool to have the center button make the demogorgon roar at the player if there is no credits on the game. Haha

#5410 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The second, which is less expensive, uses a slower motor and is on all the time. I prefer the interactive version.

Thanks for that, I was also thinking it was a bit too fast... so I'd definitely prefer the slower and on all the time version, which seems to match better the actual sign of the arcade in the series...

#5411 3 years ago

Thanks for that, I was also thinking it was a bit too fast... so I'd definitely prefer the slower and on all the time version, which seems to match better the actual sign of the arcade in the series...

You can likely also stick a resistor on it to slow the rotation.

#5412 3 years ago

Added cleland sound mod to the game after watching your stream chuckwurt and it is fantastic. Takes an already great sound package to the next level while still remaining true to the original sound design.

#5413 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Where can we get the dig dug mod?
Can it be moved without fabbing a new bracket?

#5414 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Any of you guys buy the mezel mods spinning arcade sign and install it on a premium/le?
I don't like how it's blocking the view of the TK ball lock. If any of you have installed it and you feel like it's not blocking the TK ball lock would you please post a picture or a comment?
I'd like to be able to install that sign on the right hand side of the machine preferably.
Thanks

Wanted to update.
The mezel sign actually looks fantastic on the left where it's designed to go. Doesn't block the TK locked balls from view either. Looks like it was supposed to be there from the factory.

#5415 3 years ago

Here: https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/stranger-things-pinball-dig-dug-game-mod

The bracket we supply allows it to be mounted over any playfield screw so as long as there is clearance and a place to feed the wire below the playfield, it can be moved.

#5416 3 years ago

Hey guys

New ST Premium owner. Had it for about 3 weeks now. Absolutely amazing game. Love it.

I also recently picked up a Munsters Pro with the topper. That thing is great...so interactive with the game. Are there any plans that y'all know of for Stern to release an official, interactive topper for ST? I've looked, but I can't find anything directly from them.

Thanks and glad to be a part of the club.

#5417 3 years ago

I believe they are going to, yes. Chuckwurt knows for sure.

#5418 3 years ago

I know nothing haha. It would certainly be weird if Stranger things didn’t get a topper though. All their other new games have them.

#5419 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I know nothing haha. It would certainly be weird if Stranger things didn’t get a topper though. All their other new games have them.

I want.

I know it's gonna be stupid expensive...but I want.

#5420 3 years ago

I’m excited to see it, but unless my wife buys it for me, I’ll never own it. Haha

#5421 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m excited to see it, but unless my wife buys it for me, I’ll never own it. Haha

lol...we've all been there.

just looking at your collection...nba fastbreak. man, i love that game. never have been able to find one, but i'm always on the lookout, lol.

#5422 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

lol...we've all been there.
just looking at your collection...nba fastbreak. man, i love that game. never have been able to find one, but i'm always on the lookout, lol.

It’s a good one and you don’t see it too often. One of the last semi reasonable B/W DMDs. Haha

#5423 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s a good one and you don’t see it too often. One of the last semi reasonable B/W DMDs. Haha

True.

I actually have another hard to find one that’s on your wishlist. Bad Girls.

Such a great pin. Very fast. Lots of fun.

Just finished LED’ing my inserts, actually...

8AC08D5C-A1FF-4A97-8C68-B79A14E1EACA (resized).jpeg8AC08D5C-A1FF-4A97-8C68-B79A14E1EACA (resized).jpeg
#5424 3 years ago

Hell yeah! When you’re ready to sell keep me in mind.

#5425 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hell yeah! When you’re ready to sell keep me in mind.

will do!

#5426 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

Hey guys
New ST Premium owner. Had it for about 3 weeks now. Absolutely amazing game. Love it.
I also recently picked up a Munsters Pro with the topper. That thing is great...so interactive with the game. Are there any plans that y'all know of for Stern to release an official, interactive topper for ST? I've looked, but I can't find anything directly from them.
Thanks and glad to be a part of the club.

Topper is coming. It features demo dogs.

Not sure how interactive they will be. But I got this info straight from Stern two weeks ago.

#5427 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Not sure how interactive they will be. But I got this info straight from Stern two weeks ago.

Well, that sucks. The demo dog mode is the worst part of the game, IMO...it always blocks me from doing stuff that advances the game and hitting those targets are a pretty dangerous proposition. Oh, well...

I'll still get it.

#5428 3 years ago

Cool... does the arcade sign mod keep stopping and starting on purpose? That part I'd find a tad annoying if so...

arcade sign and the dig dug come on when the quarters mode light comes on, but I tend to agree on the arcade sign and I think I'm going to change it to always on

#5429 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

arcade sign and the dig dug come on when the quarters mode light comes on, but I tend to agree on the arcade sign and I think I'm going to change it to always on

Very easy to make the sign on all the time with the interactive version, pm sent.

#5430 3 years ago

thanks, have to say the mods really add to the game as it feels a little bare.

#5431 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, that sucks. The demo dog mode is the worst part of the game, IMO...it always blocks me from doing stuff that advances the game and hitting those targets are a pretty dangerous proposition. Oh, well...
I'll still get it.

I try to stack it in with a multiball or something so I can clear it while actively shooting for something else.

#5432 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

I try to stack it in with a multiball or something so I can clear it while actively shooting for something else.

This is the correct answer.

Now, turning out that way is a different story

#5433 3 years ago

Best is getting the demo dog targets up to 4 million a piece. That’s some good money right there.

#5434 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Best is getting the demo dog targets up to 4 million a piece. That’s some good money right there.

How do you boost their value? I enjoy the demodog modes, but really wish they didn't block progress towards season modes.

#5435 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

How do you boost their value? I enjoy the demodog modes, but really wish they didn't block progress towards season modes.

They don’t if you start them in the right order.

So the targets are 1M each to start.

If you collect all 7, they up to 2M a piece. Do that again, and they get to 4M a piece.

I’ve only been able to get them to 2M each. Then 2x playfield to get the 4M each.

#5436 3 years ago

If you get it, post pics where you decided to mount it. I'm assuming it would be on the right side and out of the way, since you have the Mezel arcade sign on the left already.

#5437 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Damn, was hoping for something like this with an interactive Mind Flayer.

stranger-things-season-2-poster-740x1096 (resized).jpgstranger-things-season-2-poster-740x1096 (resized).jpg
#5438 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

If you get it, post pics where you decided to mount it. I'm assuming it would be on the right side and out of the way, since you have the Mezel arcade sign on the left already.

I mounted my Dig Dug in the back right.

I get way too many air balls on the left side...didn’t want it getting beat up.

I think it looks better over there anyway.

#5439 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They don’t if you start them in the right order.
So the targets are 1M each to start.
If you collect all 7, they up to 2M a piece. Do that again, and they get to 4M a piece.
I’ve only been able to get them to 2M each. Then 2x playfield to get the 4M each.

LOL...truth on starting in the right order. So many times I've been sitting outside of a mode on ball 3, extra ball is lit, but so is Demodogs. Do I try to start that mode first and risk the drain, or take the extra ball and lock myself out of modes for awhile. Whichever I decide is usually the wrong answer for that particular game, LOL!

I didn't realize the scoring since I rarely concentrate on hitting them. That's good stuff. Love this game.

#5440 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

LOL...leave it to Erik to explain to me why I'm not getting part of the game. Okay...I appreciate demo dog modes more now, thank you. But riddle me this: what do the drops do during multiball? Just increase the jackpot?

#5441 3 years ago

I think nothing. Increasing the jackpot is a fantastic idea though. The rules of the multiball scoring are too basic imo. The only think right now that increases the base jackpot value is just getting to future waves of jackpots. They go up by 100k each time you collect a super.

#5442 3 years ago

Does the button on the lock bar do anything right now, gameplay-wise?

#5443 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The rules of the multiball scoring are too basic imo. The only think right now that increases the base jackpot value is just getting to future waves of jackpots. They go up by 100k each time you collect a super.

I'd really like the jackpot value to be linked to how many modes have been done, that way the two elements of the game are linked, and as mentioned previously, the strategy of getting big points by repeatedly starting multiball and ignoring modes would vanish... I wrote to Stern suggesting this, but no reply... my suggestion was that in addition to having the JP value increase depending on which MB you're on, there would also be a multiplier linked to number of modes done, I suggested zero modes being 0.5, 1 being 0.75, 2: 1, 3: 1.25, 4: 1.5 5:2... etc... so you'd have to do 2 modes to get the JPs what they are now and 5 modes to double them... If anyone here is in favour of that, maybe also send them the same suggestion... maybe not going into such detail as suggesting the multipliers or they could think it's the same person using another email address

#5444 3 years ago

I'd really like the jackpot value to be linked to how many modes have been done, that way the two elements of the game are linked, and as mentioned previously, the strategy of getting big points by repeatedly starting multiball and ignoring modes would vanish

The reason to not ignore modes besides it being boring is because they affect the mini wizard modes and soon to come map image collecting side mission.

I’ve tried to get them to simply bring back combo doubling for multiball but they feel MB is too powerful that way.

#5445 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The reason to not ignore modes besides it being boring is because they affect the mini wizard modes and soon to come map image collecting side mission.

Ok, so you think this will mean that ploughing away at the MBs will no longer be the best way to get the best score? If that's so, then it's certainly a step in the right direction, but I still think a link between modes done and MB JP value would be cool... I've probably played too much Whitwater

It would also, I think, be a very easy code change to implement... just a little ol' multiplier based on number of modes... but it would bring a whole new strategy...

#5446 3 years ago

Ok, so you think this will mean that ploughing away at the MBs will no longer be the best way to get the best score?

It’s already not the best way to score big. It’s a good way to get massive end of ball bonuses though.

Scoring the big scores in this game is maximizing the total isolation modes, the demogorgon modes and the season mini wizard modes.

#5447 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

My thoughts exactly !

#5448 3 years ago

I got @vireland's coil fan kit and installed it. The fit and finish of this product makes it hard to believe that it isn't made in a factory. Really incredible work. They sit right over the flipper coils and keep them cool so there's no fade...you can tell there's strength in the flippers even after a solid hour of play. Now I just have to tweak the TK lock mech with the info that Chas sent Erik and I'll be good to go!

Thanks, Vic, for an incredible product. I don't know how you did it, but you did...and every STh owner owes you a debt of gratitude for solving a seemingly unsolvable problem.

#5449 3 years ago

I concur. PinMonk ‘s cooling fan package is the real deal. So easy to install with simple to read and follow instructions. Even after a few hours of play I’ve noticed no power loss on either flipper. With chuckwurt ’s tips for dialing in the TK lock and the addition of the fans this title is top 10 in my opinion. They really look like a factory part that should have been there all along. Thanks so much !!

9370ED6B-73FE-4251-BAF9-C6E855C662FC (resized).jpeg9370ED6B-73FE-4251-BAF9-C6E855C662FC (resized).jpeg9ADF36D2-0B6E-4977-99F2-CCF32246AF2C (resized).jpeg9ADF36D2-0B6E-4977-99F2-CCF32246AF2C (resized).jpegD3B6B982-9F44-4DA5-A8A5-1F613DD2D795 (resized).jpegD3B6B982-9F44-4DA5-A8A5-1F613DD2D795 (resized).jpeg
#5450 3 years ago

Gotta sing the praises here. Vireland's fix works a treat. Install was easy and the instructions were very good. I have well documented flipper fade issues on my Pro version of the machine with Stern and after installing this mod I played for hours on end without any noticeable change in the machine. Can't wait to get more time on it. Truly makes you want to play just one more game even though it's way too late and you gotta be up early to get the kid ready for distance learning...

flipper_cooling (resized).pngflipper_cooling (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/109?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.