IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 448.
#5351 3 years ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

Just saw Zombie Yeti’s Stern Army Hopper Art and that got me thinking how awesome it would be if Stranger Things (Premium) gets a Zombie Yeti art pass in conjunction with season 4 of the show. Similar to the Star Wars Comic Art pin. Great opportunity for Stern to capitalize on the renewed fan interest.
[quoted image]

Would be cool for sure, but I would be surprised if it happens. The game is not selling well, unfortunately.

#5352 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Would be cool for sure, but I would be surprised if it happens. The game is not selling well, unfortunately.

That's everybody else's loss...it's an amazing game. And I think the art is already terrific. (Although it would have been great if they used that picture of the four kids on the bike on the road in front of the mind flayer!)

#5353 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's everybody else's loss...it's an amazing game. And I think the art is already terrific. (Although it would have been great if they used that picture of the four kids on the bike on the road in front of the mind flayer!)

Yeah that’s a great image. I hope they do that for the topper.

#5354 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah that’s a great image. I hope they do that for the topper.

Agreed on both points. I really hope they replicate that image for the topper too.

#5355 3 years ago

I bought the one from lermod it’s extremely noisy and the arcade top is supposed to slip down on the top you have to re drill to get it to fit have also gotten bad lighting kits from them lately.

#5356 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegasbills:

I bought the one from lermod it’s extremely noisy and the arcade top is supposed to slip down on the top you have to re drill to get it to fit have also gotten bad lighting kits from them lately.

Please reach out to us if you have any issues before posting something negative and allow us to address it. Your post makes it sound like our products are crap. Never have we received feedback about having to redrill the sign to fit the motor and we’ve sold a lot of them. Motor noise varies, but we now have a method to make it nearly silent. If any has a noisy motor they don’t like, send it back at my cost and I’ll take care of it for you. Just send me an email.

You said bad lighting kits suggesting there were more than one bad lighting mod. Please reach out to us and let me know what was bad. You sent us an email about a trough light yesterday that we responded to, what else was bad? On the trough light, You stated it wasn’t working when you first installed it and that you cut it up. However, all that you needed to do was install the spike polarity adapter we included as noted in the instructions. Plugging in the supplied adapter addresses the issue. If that did not fix it, we would have gladly sent a replacement.

I’m sorry you experienced issues, but whenever an issue arises, we are ALWAYS responsive and ALWAYS make it right.

#5357 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Please reach out to us if you have any issues before posting something negative and allow us to address it. Your post makes it sound like our products are crap. Never have we received feedback about having to redrill the sign to fit the motor and we’ve sold a lot of them. Motor noise varies, but we now have a method to make it nearly silent. If any has a noisy motor they don’t like, send it back at my cost and I’ll take care of it for you. Just send me an email.
You said bad lighting kits suggesting there were more than one bad lighting mod. Please reach out to us and let me know what was bad. You sent us an email about a trough light yesterday that we responded to, what else was bad? On the trough light, You stated it wasn’t working when you first installed it and that you cut it up. However, all that you needed to do was install the spike polarity adapter we included as noted in the instructions. Plugging in the supplied adapter addresses the issue.
I’m sorry you experienced issues, but whenever an issue arises, we are ALWAYS responsive and ALWAYS make it right.

Get Some’!!! My JP-Pro mods from Ler we’re amazing. No issues from my orders!

#5358 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You said bad lighting kits suggesting there were more than one bad lighting mod. Please reach out to us and let me know what was bad. You sent us an email about a trough light yesterday that we responded to, what else was bad? On the trough light, You stated it wasn’t working when you first installed it and that you cut it up. However, all that you needed to do was install the spike polarity adapter we included as noted in the instructions. Plugging in the supplied adapter addresses the issue.

Now that’s customer service!

#5359 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I hope they do that for the topper.

There is a topper in the pipeline?

#5360 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

There is a topper in the pipeline?

Always has been.

#5361 3 years ago

Okay, foam's finally cut and on the way, so I've gone ahead and put the coil cooling kits in the pinmonk store here on pinside.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/04203-tibetan-breeze-coil-cooling-kit

Cooling-Kit-1_600x (resized).jpgCooling-Kit-1_600x (resized).jpg

They'll be on pinmonk.com for international orders next week.

#5362 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Okay, foam's finally cut and on the way, so I've gone ahead and put the coil cooling kits in the pinmonk store here on pinside.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/04203-tibetan-breeze-coil-cooling-kit
[quoted image]
They'll be on pinmonk.com for international orders next week.

Just placed my order!

#5363 3 years ago
Quoted from Powerhouse47:

Just placed my order!

Awesome, thanks for the support. This should help a lot of Stranger Things owners specifically with some pretty extreme flipper fade on longer games, but also helps TMNT and Iron Maiden and I'm sure other Spike2 I haven't tested yet.

#5364 3 years ago

Ordered mine. 1 for ST and another for Iron Maiden. Thanks for doing this

#5365 3 years ago

Any word on when we will get finished code? Kinda frustrating to see TMNT and now Avengers ship with near complete code. Stranger Things may not have been the best seller from stern but it sure earns on location. Feel like it deserves more love from the community and from Stern.

#5366 3 years ago

Should be pretty done in the next couple months. It’s been getting at least 2 code updates per month since release. This next one will have been over a month since .98. So I expect it to be a pretty big one.

Also all the games you mentioned have completely different dev teams on them. One doesn’t have anything to do with the other.

#5367 3 years ago

I understand that the dev teams are different but you’d think Stern would crack the whip at this point. The game released in December for heaven’s sake.

#5368 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I understand that the dev teams are different but you’d think Stern would crack the whip at this point. The game released in December for heaven’s sake.

Eddy and team said the code updates for this would span many many months. I expected at least a year for it to get to 1.00 plus.

Why would stern crack the whip when this was communicated from the beginning to prospective customers?

#5369 3 years ago

Was Stranger Things a low home use seller? Just anecdotally I know it’s a popular pin on location. How do you all get pin sales numbers?

#5370 3 years ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

Was Stranger Things a low home use seller? Just anecdotally I know it’s a popular pin on location. How do you all get pin sales numbers?

I don't think anyone has hard numbers, just anecdotal "selling better/worse than xxxx" by talking to distributors, etc.

#5371 3 years ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

No way to know for sure, but I would say this pin didn’t sell well. Probably similar numbers to GOT id say.

#5372 3 years ago

Gonna stream .98 and Cleland tonight. Probably around 8 eastern. delt31 come check it out. I’ll have the sound cranked.

View will look like this. My first dabble into green screens.

03778E15-2F7D-40A8-81DE-49C88E8476D0 (resized).png03778E15-2F7D-40A8-81DE-49C88E8476D0 (resized).png
#5373 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't think anyone has hard numbers, just anecdotal "selling better/worse than xxxx" by talking to distributors, etc.

Yah they are around if you want to buy one which means distribs bought more then they could sell.

Most games these days they have a hard time keeping in stock.

I could see this being a great newbie or location game but just kinda meh for home... I like it but dont think it has staying power at the house.

Its cool looking though and when people who cant play are over they like it.... pretty easy to say just shoot the middle.

#5374 3 years ago

Love now!

www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5377 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Gonna stream .98 and Cleland tonight. Probably around 8 eastern. delt31 come check it out. I’ll have the sound cranked.
View will look like this. My first dabble into green screens. [quoted image]

Just watched the first ten minutes, will finish the rest when I have more time. First off, that camera angle rocks, especially for this game due to the projector. I’ve never had a chance to play a premium/LE in person so seeing how the projector mapping works during gameplay through all different modes is cool as shit. Little things like the stand up targets, spinner and even the ramps do not show well on top down views. This changes that. Also, I rarely get to see what’s actually playing on the projector when it’s in the the traditional top down perspective.

Secondly, the upside down effect looks even better with those GITD bands from this angle.

And thirdly Cleland rocks.

Definitely making this my next NIB purchase and will likely do it in the winter/spring as I’m nervous it won’t have as long a run as other titles. Especially with TMNT and now AIQ killing it. Sterns gonna be on to the next one.

#5378 3 years ago

Just picked up a LE this past week. First time seeing and playing this title. It is consistently kicking my a**, but it seems like it is a great game if you are good enough to get deeper into it, unfortunately I am not lol. I do have a SD card coming so I can put the Cleland code in, as this game really needs it. Happy to have joined the club as my entire family enjoyed this series and it's a theme that we will all enjoy playing.

#5379 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Love now!
www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

Watching your stream with the green screen effect is pretty badass. Def learning some scoring techniques from ya to go for those ridiculous high scores you achieve. Anybody who’s on the fence about this game should be ready and willing to spend their money on this title after watching this. Well done!

#5380 3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. I had a good amount of viewers last night too.

Pain in the butt to setup, but worth it. I’ll do it for fortune streams as well.

I have this saved as a highlight on the SDTMpinball twitch channel and will also upload it to my YouTube channel.

Thanks again!

#5381 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks for the feedback. I had a good amount of viewers last night too.
Pain in the butt to setup, but worth it. I’ll do it for fortune streams as well.
I have this saved as a highlight on the SDTMpinball twitch channel and will also upload it to my YouTube channel.
Thanks again!

I was watching that thought it looked pretty good. I tried something like that in the past but it didn't look near as good as yours and I wanted to be able to go from game to game during the stream which I couldn't figure out a way to make it practical. You've inspired me to think about it some more.

#5382 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I was watching that thought it looked pretty good. I tried something like that in the past but it didn't look near as good as yours and I wanted to be able to go from game to game during the stream which I couldn't figure out a way to make it practical. You've inspired me to think about it some more.

I’d love to hear what you come up with. If I could move this easily I would do it a lot more.

#5383 3 years ago

Dammit chuckwurt after last night's stream, I want this. And I just put a deposit down on AIQ too. LOL

#5384 3 years ago

Haha. Thanks for watching! Glad I was able to present the game to show how cool it is. The projector is still washed out a bit on the stream but the rest was represented pretty well imo.

#5385 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. Thanks for watching! Glad I was able to present the game to show how cool it is. The projector is still washed out a bit on the stream but the rest was represented pretty well imo.

Has anyone found a micro projector with more lumens that can replace the (undoubtedly dirt cheap) stock one Stern uses? Washed out projection seems like a solvable problem. I don't have access to a Prem/LE or I'd already be on this.

#5386 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Has anyone found a micro projector with more lumens that can replace the (undoubtedly dirt cheap) stock on Stern uses? Washed out projection seems like a solvable problem. I don't have access to a Prem/LE or I'd already be on this.

It’s not washed out at all in a normally lit room. It’s really looks fine. But a better projector I’m sure is out there that can be dropped in. Maybe ask Brian if there are other options that I’d we desired could drop in. He said they looked at lots of them.

#5387 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s not washed out at all in a normally lit room. It’s really looks fine. But a better projector I’m sure is out there that can be dropped in. Maybe ask Brian if there are other options that I’d we desired could drop in. He said they looked at lots of them.

The best part is that even though your stream was awesome, the game is still cooler in person. You're doing a great job single-handedly converting the closed minds of some Pinsiders, Erik!

#5388 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The best part is that even though your stream was awesome, the game is still cooler in person. You're doing a great job single-handedly converting the closed minds of some Pinsiders, Erik!

It’s like big Game. If I can get one person to change their mind about this game, I’ve done my job. Haha

#5389 3 years ago

Here is an easier solution :

https://www.xtremscreen.com/

Daylight 1.1 gen2
(Format A4 = 80$)

Best regards

Quoted from PinMonk:

Has anyone found a micro projector with more lumens that can replace the (undoubtedly dirt cheap) stock one Stern uses? Washed out projection seems like a solvable problem. I don't have access to a Prem/LE or I'd already be on this.

#5390 3 years ago

Has anyone replaced all the rubbers? Thinking about titan glow in the dark, but don't know how they would look.

#5391 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Has anyone replaced all the rubbers? Thinking about titan glow in the dark, but don't know how they would look.

There’s only like 10 rubbers in this game. Watch this to see the Glow in the dark ones in action.

#5392 3 years ago
Quoted from FredZZZ:

Daylight 1.1 gen2
(Format A4 = 80$)
Best regards

I'm assuming that upgrade has been done for people wanting the best quality from the stock projector. I was talking about that PLUS more lumens to really plus-up the playfield displays.

#5393 3 years ago
Quoted from FredZZZ:

Daylight 1.1 gen2
(Format A4 = 80$)
Best regards

How does this hold up? Is it as thick and durable to ball hits as the stock stern decals?

#5394 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have to respectfully disagree. It’s very washed out in my game room no matter what the lighting. My room lighting is Phillips HUE and have tried many different settings for them.

Only in a pitch black room is it not washed out for me. Maybe I need to tune the projector?

Otherwise, I think it’s a mileage may vary thing.

#5395 3 years ago

Everyone has different tastes. I think it looks fine.

You can only dial in the focus.

#5396 3 years ago

When you power up the machine, the projector comes on before any playfield lighting. And the projector looks great at that point. It is bright and crisp - especially if you use a quality screen material in and darker color to replace the stock white stuff. It’s not until the playfield inserts come on that it washes out. It’s just the ambient lighting coming from the machine, and there’s not much you are going to be able to do to make that much better.

#5397 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

When you power up the machine, the projector comes on before any playfield lighting. And the projector looks great at that point. It is bright and crisp - especially if you use a quality screen material in and darker color to replace the stock white stuff. It’s not until the playfield inserts come on that it washes out. It’s just the ambient lighting coming from the machine, and there’s not much you are going to be able to do to make that much better.

I feel the same.
If any of you guys hear about a more powerful projector, please let us know about it.

#5398 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I feel the same.
If any of you guys hear about a more powerful projector, please let us know about it.

If no one else does it, now that the coil fade issue is solved, I'll keep an eye out for a good deal on a Premium I can bring back in for a few months to work on for a while to find a better projection solution. I'm positive one is out there, it's just a matter of finding it.

#5399 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I dimmed some of the GI lighting for this reason. I was happy with stock, but lowering GI made it look even better

#5400 3 years ago
Quoted from Powerhouse47:

I dimmed some of the GI lighting for this reason. I was happy with stock, but lowering GI made it look even better

This is adjustable through the settings, or you dimmed them another way?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lutherville-timonium, MD
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/108?hl=fredzzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.