StrangerThingsProjectorIssue (resized).jpg
IMG_3491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3470 (resized).jpeg
A_SSK (resized).jpg
AE99B1FC-2FD4-481F-8B7F-6B7DF79E16DD (resized).jpeg
image_67200769 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,204 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 445.
#5301 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The magnet isn’t powered and I bet if you tried to do that, the game would know it’s disabled, see the ball there, and release it immediately.

Is there some switch that tells the game when the diverter ramp has moved into place?

When lock gets lit for TK MB, and you lock the first ball, do you need to hit the targets to lock the 2nd ball, or does qualifying for TK MB count for all 3 balls?

#5302 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Is there some switch that tells the game when the diverter ramp has moved into place?
When lock gets lit for TK MB, and you lock the first ball, do you need to hit the targets to lock the 2nd ball, or does qualifying for TK MB count for all 3 balls?

The ramp opto tells the game to engage the diverter. It stays engaged for a period of time, then releases. Two optos on the backboard see the balls stuck to the magnet.

All three locks are qualified the first time. Then subsequent trips you have to hit the targets for each lock. Then multiple times for each lock.

#5303 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Then subsequent trips you have to hit the targets for each lock. Then multiple times for each lock.

This kills the idea of playing around with trying to get the magnet to pull balls out of the ramp without the diverter because the magnet, when holding ball 1, mustn't be strong enough to lift balls out of the plastic ramp or it will lift un-quailified balls... which I guess is why they needed to add the diverter in the first place... unless there's a grab and hold coil in the magnet solenoid...

#5304 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Does the diverter pivot smoothly when you manually engage the plunger for the diverter that is behind the backboard? I’d say you don’t need to adjust that Allen screw as long as the mech pivots freely. I added a tiny drop of zoom Spout oil to my pivot point under the ramp after cleaning it up as the rubber pad underneath was gunking it up and it was sluggish. Haven’t had an issue since.
You say the mech performs worse now. In what way? Is the ball getting pinched and coming back down the entrance of the ramp? Or is it making it up the diverter but not far enough for the magnet to catch it?
The adjustment that will affect the performance the most drastically is the movement of the diverter mech bracket from behind the backboard.

The diverter pivots very smoothly. My thought was the extra play from that bolt was absorbing the energy of the ball and making it not go up the ramp. It seems that the timing of the diverter is too early and it rejects the ball just as it makes the turn up the ramp. Most of the time it doesn't even start going up the diverter arm. I'll try and get a video of it today and post it.

#5305 3 years ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

The diverter pivots very smoothly. My thought was the extra play from that bolt was absorbing the energy of the ball and making it not go up the ramp. It seems that the timing of the diverter is too early and it rejects the ball just as it makes the turn up the ramp. Most of the time it doesn't even start going up the diverter arm. I'll try and get a video of it today and post it.

Okay. To test the sloppiness of the diverter arm, engage it via the coil plunger and wiggle the diverter arm. It should have a tad of back and forth play.

Now down at the Allen screw, that should be pretty snug. Tight enough that there’s no slop but not so tight it impedes the pivot of the mech.

Check this stuff too to make sure yours is the same:

See below for a couple more pictures to "make yours like mine"
Make sure when the ball is on the diverter and going up it, it is riding the top of the diverter and not touching the metal guide welded to the outside of the diverter rod (again test this by actuating the diverter with the coil plunger behind the back wall):

8FA46AF4-2A6F-43D5-8A9B-3E63726D5E16 (resized).jpeg8FA46AF4-2A6F-43D5-8A9B-3E63726D5E16 (resized).jpeg

Also, when the diverter is engaged, the ball should not touch it until this point (see pic below) after it makes the turn in the ramp:

951099B8-8E99-480A-9564-DABEAADC9497 (resized).jpeg951099B8-8E99-480A-9564-DABEAADC9497 (resized).jpeg

If you get rejects, it is from the diverter pinching the ball, which means you have the mech adjusted so that the diverter closes too much. Go back and redo the mech adjustments until yours looks like mine.

#5306 3 years ago

Is there a place where I can see the track listing for the various modes in this game? I assume each uses a different song from the episodes...? I can't wait 'till I get my game to find out

#5308 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nothing in the stock music, it’s all instrumental.

Here’s clelands list:

Thanks, I've downloaded cleland's file already to flash to an SD card, was just curious what the original tracks were... sounds like cleland's upgrade will be a great improvement... so I guess Stern didn't have the licence for tracks played by recognised artists in the game...

#5309 3 years ago

Thanks, I've downloaded cleland's file already to flash to an SD card, was just curious what the original tracks were... sounds like cleland's upgrade will be a great improvement... so I guess Stern didn't have the licence for tracks played by recognised artists in the game...

Correct.

#5310 3 years ago

Revised foam sample for the flipper coil cooling kit packaging came in and it's good to go so I've ordered the production for them. We're about 7-10 days out on receiving all the cut foam and then I can ship. I'll probably put it in the pinmonk store and at pinmonk.com mid-late next week in anticipation of the foam's arrival.

Here's a shot of the box as it will be packed. The 8 zip ties aren't visible, and the instructions aren't there because they go on top and would obscure the box contents, but this is basically what it will look like when you get it. The finger cutouts are there for double-stacked 3 and 4 flipper kits so you can get to the layer below. 2 flipper kits are single layer but use the same foam.

Wire in the middle compartment is the interface cable with the connector for the ticket header plus the inline 1A fuse and rectifier diode. Bottom compartment is the 7.5' cable which leaves plenty to get from the board along the cabinet to the playfield wire trunk and up to the flippers.

This all started with Stranger Things, but it seems to help with any Spike 2 machine on extended playtimes (30-45 mins and up) where the coils get too warm and performance degrades, subtly at first, but then very obviously.

2020_09_03_Foam_Sample_600x600.jpg2020_09_03_Foam_Sample_600x600.jpg

#5311 3 years ago

Can someone summarize the flipper coil cooling issue specific to this game? I have an opportunity to buy an LE at a good price and want to know if a cooling kit is going to be necessary.

#5312 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Can someone summarize the flipper coil cooling issue specific to this game? I have an opportunity to buy an LE at a good price and want to know if a cooling kit is going to be necessary.

Basically you can have your demo shot and TK lock shot dialed in perfectly and after long periods of play the TK lock stops making the magnet and the demo shot becomes almost impossible. The fans eliminate this issue.

#5313 3 years ago

Fun head to head stream with TomGWI from fox cities pinball! We did best of three for total score, race to extra ball, race to total isolation and played to see who could get the through the most Demogorgon modes.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/730555468

#5314 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Basically you can have your demo shot and TK lock shot dialed in perfectly and after long periods of play the TK lock stops making the magnet and the demo shot becomes almost impossible. The fans eliminate this issue.

Okay thanks for the deets.

#5315 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Fun head to head stream with TOMGWI from fox cities pinball! We did best of three for total score, race to extra ball, race to total isolation and played to see who could get the through the most Demogorgon modes.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/730555468

What flipper rubbers you have from stream? Look neon?

#5316 3 years ago
Quoted from Powerhouse47:

What flipper rubbers you have from stream? Look neon?

I believe they’re glow in the dark (GITD) from Titan. The UV light really sets them off.

#5317 3 years ago

Update from my post last week re projector problem only showing a static picture. My distributor send me a free replacement and it works perfectly now. Just a dud projector that clapped out after a while. Back to full function!

#5318 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

I believe they’re glow in the dark (GITD) from Titan. The UV light really sets them off.

Yep! They look goofy when the UV is not on, but it’s worth it. Haha

#5319 3 years ago

The titan glow rubbers are awesome on the machine. I have them for the flippers and slings. Thinking about replacing the rest with them as well. Thank goodness there is not much to replace on this machine They do take a bit of getting used to once you put them on but after a few plays it didn't bother me. Felt like I had old Gottlieb flippers on the machine in my peripheral for a bit.

Anyone try glo-balls with it? I would but man they are so expensive but could be cool.

IMG_20200702_223911058 (resized).jpgIMG_20200702_223911058 (resized).jpg

#5320 3 years ago

code ask (because i'm/we're not usual with Sth) : this afternoon on a location pin (PRO version), my son did get to "send it back", finish it, than all seems dead as nothing happends for seconds, and ... GAME OVER, with enter your initials

is this a know bug ?

he than reached a 2nd time "send it back", decide to not finish it, lose it, and than game goes on normally...

PS : of course code is up-to-date

#5321 3 years ago

chuckwurt Sorry it took so long but I've got a video of the play in the mech I was describing. I think most of the play is coming from the main pivot (the one with the big circlip on it). Take a look a the video and let me know if that is normal if you would please.

I adjusted the mech some more and now I'm not getting rejects at the turn, but even strong shots are only making it up the diverter arm maybe 40-50% of the time. I followed all the instructions you mentioned as well.

I tried to tighten that allen bolt at the pivot but it didn't remove any of the play in the mech really.

#5322 3 years ago

That looks like the diverter bar is way too close to the back of the ramp. You should be able to roll the ball up the bar with it just barely clearing that backplate and never actually contacting it.

That amount of play in the arm is normal.

#5323 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

code ask (because i'm/we're not usual with Sth) : this afternoon on a location pin (PRO version), my son did get to "send it back", finish it, than all seems dead as nothing happends for seconds, and ... GAME OVER, with enter your initials
is this a know bug ?
he than reached a 2nd time "send it back", decide to not finish it, lose it, and than game goes on normally...
PS : of course code is up-to-date

If you complete send it back, the game kills the flippers, drains, then says player 1 keep shooting, then goes back to single ball play. First I’ve heard of an issue with that.

#5324 3 years ago

chuckwurt Sorry it took so long but I've got a video of the play in the mech I was describing. I think most of the play is coming from the main pivot (the one with the big circlip on it). Take a look a the video and let me know if that is normal if you would please.

I adjusted the mech some more and now I'm not getting rejects at the turn, but even strong shots are only making it up the diverter arm maybe 40-50% of the time. I followed all the instructions you mentioned as well.
I tried to tighten that allen bolt at the pivot but it didn't remove any of the play in the mech really.

This amount of play looks normal. Your diverter looks too close to the back board and your ramp is definitely not sitting out from the back wall like it should.

Did you remove the snug plate screw and push the whole ramp towards the player and retighten all the ramp entrance screws?

#5325 3 years ago

Loaded cleland sound mod for ST today. Hell F’n yea man.Super easy to install and totally kick ass. Makes me work for a high score just to hear jimmy play that sweet sound!! Enjoy your holiday gents!!

#5326 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Loaded cleland sound mod for ST today. Hell F’n yea man.Super easy to install and totally kick ass. Makes me work for a high score just to hear jimmy play that sweet sound!! Enjoy your holiday gents!!

Agreeeeeeed. Wonderful mix.

#5327 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you complete send it back, the game kills the flippers, drains, then says player 1 keep shooting, then goes back to single ball play. First I’ve heard of an issue with that.

ok Chuck, perfect
than we get a (new) bug... but i'm not sure Lonnie is reading here

bah !

#5328 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

than we get a (new) bug... but i'm not sure Lonnie is reading here

I guess you can report bugs through the Stern website?

#5329 3 years ago

I guess you can report bugs through the Stern website?

yes we can... but i wont, tanx to Ghosbusters, on which i already lose to much time & energy (and learned a lesson : do not buy a STERN pin until code is complete, or only do it if Lyman is the guy... PS : i think we can now add Keith/Nagel)

btw, i dont mind to buy a STh

to add more to the story, i was beta tester on DI for Ted E. & Joe K. and it was a pleasure
i'm actually beta tester for Joe S. on Oktoberfest, and its also a pleasure

#5330 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yes we can... but i wont

Thanks for helping.

Also zero reports of the game going to bonus after finishing send it back so maybe it’s a problem with the specific game you’ve played. I’ve completed send it back a bunch and have friends that have done the same in their pro a bunch. No issues.

#5331 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks for helping.
Also zero reports of the game going to bonus after finishing send it back so maybe it’s a problem with the specific game you’ve played. I’ve completed send it back a bunch and have friends that have done the same in their pro a bunch. No issues.

I’ve got a March 11 2020 build. And had zero issues with code. Chuck helped with making sure TK arm was aligned properly. All else has been perfect and fun. I didn’t know there was more to the code until well after I got it. Just even more to be enjoy when it’s released.

#5332 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This amount of play looks normal. Your diverter looks too close to the back board and your ramp is definitely not sitting out from the back wall like it should.
Did you remove the snug plate screw and push the whole ramp towards the player and retighten all the ramp entrance screws?

I moved the diverter back out some more and it is working a little bit better now. Still not great though. I put the ramp in spec with the stern pdf but I'll try moving it closer to the player and see what happens.

#5333 3 years ago

I moved the diverter back out some more and it is working a little bit better now. Still not great though. I put the ramp in spec with the stern pdf but I'll try moving it closer to the player and see what happens.

Did you read through this whole post? I added a ton more recently. Need to do more than just the pdf. There are things you need to do a tad differently than the pdf too.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488

#5334 3 years ago

Key is getting that ramp as far forward as possible. Take the set screw of the back out and loosen all ramp screws and pull it forward. I went as far to stick a sling rubber behind it to keep it out. Follow all of chuckwurt tips and you’ll be good. You’ll def find though on extended plays once the flippers heat up they do tend to lose power. PinMonk will have the fix for that shortly. I would say they will be a must if you enjoying playing for hours on end.

49454F88-B880-4094-8912-B6F93ABEBE9D (resized).jpeg49454F88-B880-4094-8912-B6F93ABEBE9D (resized).jpeg61F68EAA-1EF5-40A0-94D1-83602BA5B9D4 (resized).jpeg61F68EAA-1EF5-40A0-94D1-83602BA5B9D4 (resized).jpegBCCD9594-12F9-444D-8435-9B6CFA848345 (resized).jpegBCCD9594-12F9-444D-8435-9B6CFA848345 (resized).jpeg

#5335 3 years ago

I've got a video of the play in the mech I was describing. I think most of the play is coming from the main pivot (the one with the big circlip on it).

Looking at that video it looks like the ball has to ride up that arm by being wedged between the arm and the backboard... first time I've seen this in action... looks like it needs more energy than if it was a standard ramp type elevation method... One problem is that the speed of the point on the ball at the contact point with the arm is slower than it should be to make a smooth transition, which means the ball skids on the arm, which sucks energy out of it... also, the rotational speed of the ball then has to increase, therefore kinetic energy has to be converted to rotational energy... so more energy is wasted... would be much better if there was a piece of sprig steel (about 4" long and the width of the ramp) that would be elevated by a plunger directly underneath it, making a nice smooth curve for the ball to ride up, like on a standard ramp entrance... strange that Stern would choose this method of elevating the ball... anyone know the reasoning behind this?

#5336 3 years ago

Any of you guys buy the mezel mods spinning arcade sign and install it on a premium/le?
I don't like how it's blocking the view of the TK ball lock. If any of you have installed it and you feel like it's not blocking the TK ball lock would you please post a picture or a comment?
I'd like to be able to install that sign on the right hand side of the machine preferably.
Thanks

#5337 3 years ago

Here maybe?

20200908_211645 (resized).jpg20200908_211645 (resized).jpg

Not sure it looks right tucked behind the Christmas tree lights mod though, but if that's not there, could be a good place?

#5338 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Revised foam sample for the flipper coil cooling kit packaging came in and it's good to go so I've ordered the production for them. We're about 7-10 days out on receiving all the cut foam and then I can ship. I'll probably put it in the pinmonk store and at pinmonk.com mid-late next week in anticipation of the foam's arrival.
Here's a shot of the box as it will be packed. The 8 zip ties aren't visible, and the instructions aren't there because they go on top and would obscure the box contents, but this is basically what it will look like when you get it. The finger cutouts are there for double-stacked 3 and 4 flipper kits so you can get to the layer below. 2 flipper kits are single layer but use the same foam.
Wire in the middle compartment is the interface cable with the connector for the ticket header plus the inline 1A fuse and rectifier diode. Bottom compartment is the 7.5' cable which leaves plenty to get from the board along the cabinet to the playfield wire trunk and up to the flippers.
This all started with Stranger Things, but it seems to help with any Spike 2 machine on extended playtimes (30-45 mins and up) where the coils get too warm and performance degrades, subtly at first, but then very obviously.
[quoted image]

Just take my money please. Lol

#5339 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Any of you guys buy the mezel mods spinning arcade sign and install it on a premium/le?
I don't like how it's blocking the view of the TK ball lock. If any of you have installed it and you feel like it's not blocking the TK ball lock would you please post a picture or a comment?
I'd like to be able to install that sign on the right hand side of the machine preferably.
Thanks

You can only install it on the left unless you design a custom bracket for it elsewhere. Looks great on the left IMO, and it’s tight but doesn’t appear to block the view of the TK lock. See post below for images:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/94#post-5736790

#5340 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

You can only install it on the left unless you design a custom bracket for it elsewhere.

Now I'm not sure if I'm getting the Mezel or the Lermods mod...

#5341 3 years ago

Now I'm not sure if I'm getting the Mezel or the Lermods mod...

Mezel is better, but you have to pay for it.

#5342 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mezel is better, but you have to pay for it.

OK... can you (or anyone) tell from the pic I posted above if that's the Mezel mod or the Lermods version? It's coming with the game, so I don't know what the previous owner installed, and I'm buying through a 'go between', so I'm sure the seller also doesn't know... won't have the game for a few weeks yet... therefore no additional pics possible...

#5343 3 years ago

That’s the ler mods version. I believe the mezel one can only go by the left ramp.

#5344 3 years ago

Mezel's comes with a custom bracket that sits down into the recess of the left ramp created by the turn - essentially, down into the dead space in the center of the donut. It's a brilliant design and perfect place for that sign, and it doesn't block anything at all. I posted pics and video of it somewhere in this thread earlier - search my posts in this thread and you can see it in action.

#5345 3 years ago

Just picked up a premium.. magnet lock doesnt work (like most everyones apparently) but lock still registers so not worth messing with yet.

pretty fun game but have to say the geometry of it isnt my favorite.

People compare it to AFM but its not really anything like that other then the down the middle shot...

I can hammer the AFM ramps and loops all day on this they machine are in a weird spot and harder to hit.

#5346 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I can hammer the AFM ramps and loops all day on this they machine are in a weird spot and harder to hit.

It feels a lot like AFM for me in that regard. Some games I cant miss, but lots of games I just can’t find the ramps/orbits.

Also you can disable the left ramp diverter in the settings if you’re fine with the virtual locks.

#5347 3 years ago

Had a thought ( dangerous sometimes )
So with all these clever folk that are able to dig around into the coding
Of stern machines.
Would it be possible to muck around with the code so you could take the projector code and files and add it into
The pro code? That way skint and poor pro owners like
Myself could maybe source a projector and have the cool projector effects on the pro?
Now that would
Be awesome

#5348 3 years ago

People aren’t mucking with code, they are just replacing files in the game image. For example, the code says “play audio clip 1”. The tool people are using just lets you replace clip 1.

The change you are talking about would require reverse engineering the binary for the game. Not impossible but way more more difficult.

So I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

#5349 3 years ago

David Harbour just married singer Lily Allen in Las Vegas and the photos are amazing
20200910_102319 (resized).jpg20200910_102319 (resized).jpg20200910_102321 (resized).jpg20200910_102321 (resized).jpg20200910_102323 (resized).jpg20200910_102323 (resized).jpg20200910_102619 (resized).jpg20200910_102619 (resized).jpg

and if you don't know Lily Allen:

#5350 3 years ago

Just saw Zombie Yeti’s Stern Army Hopper Art and that got me thinking how awesome it would be if Stranger Things (Premium) gets a Zombie Yeti art pass in conjunction with season 4 of the show. Similar to the Star Wars Comic Art pin. Great opportunity for Stern to capitalize on the renewed fan interest.

F446F235-E7F7-4853-BF73-1ABB718AA22E (resized).jpegF446F235-E7F7-4853-BF73-1ABB718AA22E (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
15,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Cruz, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mount Washington, KY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,204 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 445.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/107?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.