IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 448.
#5201 3 years ago

Pic

54638610-3FB7-49E4-89DE-EA5D036550D9 (resized).jpeg54638610-3FB7-49E4-89DE-EA5D036550D9 (resized).jpeg
#5202 3 years ago

One mod that's on the game I'm planning to get is this... anyone familiar with it? Does that screen have a moving image on it?

20200822_215428 (resized).jpg20200822_215428 (resized).jpg
#5203 3 years ago

Lermods

Looks like a couple people need help on your mods.

#5204 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

One mod that's on the game I'm planning to get is this... anyone familiar with it? Does that screen have a moving image on it?[quoted image]

Yes itā€™s one of the mini arcade keychains that you can actually play Dig Dug on. Itā€™s been modified to loop the attract mode during the Quarter Hunt mode, or you can have it always be on (I think)

Video here:

#5205 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Yes itā€™s one of the mini arcade keychains that you can actually play Dig Dug on. Itā€™s been modified to loop the attract mode during the Quarter Hunt mode, or you can have it always be on (I think)

Cool, thanks for the vid!

#5206 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

lermods
Looks like a couple people need help on your mods.

Please contact us with questions, we reply quickly, and instructions are always supplied.

Quoted from mikusm:

Pic
[quoted image]

That plugs into the board by the coindoor, left side. See pic.

One mod that's on the game I'm planning to get is this... anyone familiar with it? Does that screen have a moving image on it?[quoted image]

Yep, our mod. On our stranger things mod page. It comes on periodically during the game, tied to quarter hunt. Itā€™s a real game that can be played, we just wire it into the game and make it interactive.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/categories/stranger-things-pinball-mods

73E8DA4A-3904-4F8A-A258-DBDC9E547BED (resized).jpeg73E8DA4A-3904-4F8A-A258-DBDC9E547BED (resized).jpeg
#5208 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Itā€™s a real game that can be played, we just wire it into the game and make it interactive.

Woah! That's amazing, so you can actually use the knobs on it and play the game!! That has to be the coolest mod ever!! I thought the video game mod on Tron was the coolest mod I'd seen, but this beats it!

#5209 3 years ago

Another mod that's on the game I'm hoping to buy is this... does anyone recognise this and know how/where it goes in the game? I was just sent this close up image by the seller, who is now on holiday...

Screenshot_20200823-103612_WhatsApp (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200823-103612_WhatsApp (resized).jpg
#5210 3 years ago

Looks like it goes over the speaker panel of the pro.

#5211 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Looks like it goes over the speaker panel of the pro.

Mummm, it should be an LE... could still fit on the speaker panel though, but would have a circular glow I guess, not a rectangular one...

#5212 3 years ago

I think that would look dumb on a LE. If they are cheap, might be worth a look, but having the speaker visible behind the demo, wouldnā€™t look right.

#5213 3 years ago

I'll find out when the game turns up, and decide if I want to keep it. Lots of other cool mods available for this game also I see... Jim's car looks excellent!

#5214 3 years ago

chuckwurt
Thanks everyone for the tips they helped in general knowledge and future diagnosis

I figured out the problem with the weak and sometimes sticking right flipper

It was a coil sleeve. when I replaced the coil stops I also replaced the coil sleeves, as this game is on location at my sub shop and heavily played.
One of the sleeves was a few millimeters shorter than the the others. It was causing friction on the bracket. Noticed it when I rebuilt for the second time.
I bought a bag full of sleeves at a expo and I guess a shorter one got mixed in.

Game is working great again.

Love this game and out of all the machines at the shop this one gets played at least twice as much as the others.

#5215 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think that would look dumb on a LE. If they are cheap, might be worth a look, but having the speaker visible behind the demo, wouldnā€™t look right.

On an LE you could always put some speaker foam in and say "who cares about seeing the speakers" and light the entire grill area.

I'm not sure what that mod is, but with the shape and how it is pictured in a vertical lit frame, I thought speaker design also.

#5216 3 years ago

I keep getting balls stuck somewhere up under the demogorgon... they get under there and then even when it goes through the lost ball thing it never manages to shake the ball loose. Any tips for where to start in troubleshooting this?

#5217 3 years ago
Quoted from unwallflower:

I keep getting balls stuck somewhere up under the demogorgon... they get under there and then even when it goes through the lost ball thing it never manages to shake the ball loose. Any tips for where to start in troubleshooting this?

Your one way gate came off. Stern made a running change to these. Early ones have a wire that's too short or not crimped enough and it comes off, blocking the ball travel sometimes. The wire flops around, so sometimes it seems worse than others.

Gate has come off...
ball-trap (resized).jpgball-trap (resized).jpg

Gate fixed.
ball-trap--fixed (resized).jpgball-trap--fixed (resized).jpg

#5218 3 years ago

I'll find out when the game turns up, and decide if I want to keep it. Lots of other cool mods available for this game also I see... Jim's car looks excellent!

You want cool mods for this game, get the Stern UV kit, the Stern shooter rod, and Mezel Mods spinning arcade sign. Those will knock your socks off.

#5219 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

You want cool mods for this game, get the Stern UV kit, the Stern shooter rod, and Mezel Mods spinning arcade sign. Those will knock your socks off.

The UV mod is definitely on my wish list, and the spinning arcade sign is, I believe, already with the game... I'm contemplating the Stern shooter rod too... I love the look of Jim's police wagon though, but I'm wary of over-doing it... Will that AND the spinning sign AND the Dig Dug vid cab push it over the edge... there are other mods already on the game too... need to have the game in my hands and then make a shopping list

Another couple of questions: Does the lock bar button do anything yet, and if not, anyone know if it's planned to with future code? Also, is there a video mode yet (as implied in the mystery award list), and if not, anyone know if this is planned?

#5220 3 years ago

No video mode yet and stern hasnā€™t said itā€™s definitely coming either.

Lock bar button starts games and launches balls.

#5221 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Lock bar button starts games and launches balls.

Errr... OK... so it does the same as the start button and the plunger... I guess it makes the skill shot more repeatable

No news if it will do anything that existing hardware doesn't already do then I take it... I'd have thought they'd at least plan to use it as a 'smart bomb' type feature...

#5222 3 years ago

When I talked to Brian at LAX, he didnā€™t seem interested in doing anything with the lock bar button.

#5223 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When I talked to Brian at LAX, he didnā€™t seem interested in doing anything with the lock bar button

#5224 3 years ago

The UV mod is definitely on my wish list, and the spinning arcade sign is, I believe, already with the game... I'm contemplating the Stern shooter rod too... I love the look of Jim's police wagon though, but I'm wary of over-doing it... Will that AND the spinning sign AND the Dig Dug vid cab push it over the edge... there are other mods already on the game too... need to have the game in my hands and then make a shopping list
Another couple of questions: Does the lock bar button do anything yet, and if not, anyone know if it's planned to with future code? Also, is there a video mode yet (as implied in the mystery award list), and if not, anyone know if this is planned?

UV kit,lighted shooter rod,pin blades,Hoppers Blazer and Billyā€™s Camaro. With proper placement they look great.

#5225 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Billyā€™s Camaro.

Didn't know about this one... who makes that? Any pics? Sounds good, but I think it should be to a similar scale as Hopper's Blazer for it to look right with them both there... are the scales comparable?

#5226 3 years ago

I personally wouldnā€™t bother with pinblades... mirrors on this title look way better.

#5227 3 years ago

Didn't know about this one... who makes that? Any pics? Sounds good, but I think it should be to a similar scale as Hopper's Blazer for it to look right with them both there... are the scales comparable?

Yes they are same scale in size.
https://mezelmods.com/products/stranger-things-pinball-billys-camero

#5228 3 years ago

I think Tilt graphics pinblades are top quality and look great. Those are typically the first mod Iā€™ll buy for a new pin. The mirror blades tend to scratch and Iā€™m not a fan of fastening them to the cabinet with the small screws they typically come with. Feels a bit too permanent but to each his own. I also like the D&D light up 20 sided die with the Demogorg card.

#5229 3 years ago

If you don't care about the lighting the cars are available on amazon. I used command strips to attach them to the playfield using the mounts included in the packaging. They are the same scale.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZG6TVQR
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZG6WM2T

#5230 3 years ago

So I ordered the shooter lane protector for my machine from mezel mods. Anyone else out there have one installed ? Iā€™m starting to notice the slightest bit of Wear on my shooter lane and donā€™t want it to get worse.

#5231 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

So I ordered the shooter lane protector for my machine from mezel mods. Anyone else out there have one installed ? Iā€™m starting to notice the slightest bit of Wear on my shooter lane and donā€™t want it to get worse.

Yep, first thing I put it, works great!

#5232 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Have one on my IM. Fits great and I think will hold up over time.

#5233 3 years ago

If the plastic thing they are indestructible. I have on on my GOT Prem that was routed and itā€™s still in great shape.

#5234 3 years ago

Do you guys recommend any particular brand of ball? I figure I'll order some so I'll be able to replace the balls when they start looking rough

My family is loving this game

#5235 3 years ago
Quoted from Makarov:

Do you guys recommend any particular brand of ball? I figure I'll order some so I'll be able to replace the balls when they start looking rough

People love Ball Baron

#5236 3 years ago
Quoted from Makarov:

Titan pinball standard shiny balls. Been using them for years and they are great.

#5237 3 years ago

I've been buying from Ball Baron. They have been great. I've never used the Titan pinballs but I highly recommend if you buy from them you get the glow in the dark flipper bat rubbers and slingshot rubbers. They look awesome with the UV Kit.

#5238 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I've been buying from Ball Baron. They have been great. I've never used the Titan pinballs but I highly recommend if you buy from them you get the glow in the dark flipper bat rubbers and slingshot rubbers. They look awesome with the UV Kit.

Where are the glow in the dark bats? Wonder if Uv kit makes it glow too

#5239 3 years ago

Yes, the Titan glow in the dark rubbers are an absolute must with this game and the UV kit.

Quoted from Powerhouse47:

Where are the glow in the dark bats? Wonder if Uv kit makes it glow too

Titan Pinball sells them. Not bats, just the rubbers that go around them.

#5240 3 years ago

Thought I had fixed the Demogorgan not accepting clean shots with a slight forward bend of the bracket when disassembled. Not I've caused this. Time to bend it back a bit!

3DDDB6F6-FC93-418F-8771-C58231FF1B7D (resized).jpeg3DDDB6F6-FC93-418F-8771-C58231FF1B7D (resized).jpeg
#5241 3 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Thought I had fixed the Demogorgan not accepting clean shots with a slight forward bend of the bracket when disassembled. Not I've caused this. Time to bend it back a bit!
[quoted image]

If you check the wire bundle going to the demigorgon you might find that itā€™s too tight and pulling the demigorgon back slightly. I had to re-route my wire bundle.

#5242 3 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

[quoted image]

If you go back a few pages I fixed this by reducing the height of the demogorgon by replacing the black spacers with shorter ones. Just reducing the height by 2mm I went from .5 percent hit rate to well over 80%. I've tested this exact problem and there is no issue when fixing it with the height reduction. I even sent my fix to Brian at Stern and he said that it is a valid fix for the original ramp problem. Said you could probably even just take the spacers completely out and still have it work. That would reduce the height another 2mm but could possibly have this problem

found the post
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/91#post-5727478

#5243 3 years ago

Just reducing the height by 2mm

An American using mm, almost unheard of

#5244 3 years ago

An American using mm, almost unheard of

I use mm in America 9mm and 5.56mm

#5245 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I use mm in America 9mm and 5.56mm

Ooh Rah

#5246 3 years ago

can someone post the Stern uv kit install video I thought I saw on here about 2months ago....about 18 minutes long and had all the details of the install.

#5247 3 years ago

This is Zach Meny's :

Quoted from billsfanmd:

can someone post the Stern uv kit install video I thought I saw on here about 2months ago....about 18 minutes long and had all the details of the install.

#5249 3 years ago

Came home from a long day at work and fired up ST. First game played and I finally made it to total isolation. God damn that was fun. Lights and video sequences were out of this world. Canā€™t wait to get to the second one. Anyone that gets down on this game has no soul. Lol!!! This is definitely one of the most entertaining pins Iā€™ve ever played. As soon as I turn it off I want to turn it back on. It will never leave my collection. Took a bit to dial it in but man when itā€™s tuned itā€™s incredible. Btw has anyone heard anything on the led lighted shooter ? Iā€™ve reached out to Stern with no luck on a response of when they will release another run of these. Iā€™ve had my order into cointaker for about two months now and nothing.

#5250 3 years ago

Hell yeah! Total isolation 2 is great as well.

Iā€™d ask around to other distros. Maybe one has them in stock.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/105?hl=powerhouse47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.