IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 449.
#5152 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Well, Stranger Things will have a 5th season after all.
"Stranger Things is not going anywhere anytime soon—other than Russia, of course.
While Matt and Ross Duffer, the creators of the Netflix drama, have previously guessed that they might say goodbye to the hit show after four seasons, they confirmed in a new interview that season four will not be the end for the kids of Hawkins, Indiana.
"Season four won't be the end," Ross Duffer told The Hollywood Reporter. "We know what the end is, and we know when it is. [The pandemic] has given us time to look ahead, figure out what is best for the show. Starting to fill that out gave us a better idea of how long we need to tell that story."
In even more good news, Matt confirmed that all of the season four scripts are ready to go.
"For the first time, we have all the scripts written and we're able to look at it as a whole piece and make adjustments," he said. "
https://www.eonline.com/news/1180182/the-stranger-things-creators-have-good-news-about-the-future-of-the-show

Awesome!

#5153 3 years ago

Was there a patch for the Cleland sound mod with the new code?

#5154 3 years ago

Hi all,
Just a Quick thought,

Yesterday I played several pinball machines for hours (JP, TMNT, Deadpool) which are really good games off course. But if I compare to ST, I don't understand at all why there is so much bad love and bad ratings on this game. How is this possible? Off course, there is no perfect game but this game doesn't deserve such this poor rating on pinside. This game deserves to be in the top 20? What is your opinion ?

Best regards

#5155 3 years ago
Quoted from FredZZZ:

Hi all,
Just a Quick thought,
Yesterday I played several pinball machines for hours (JP, TMNT, Deadpool) which are really good games off course. But if I compare to ST, I don't understand at all why there is so much bad love and bad ratings on this game. How is this possible? Off course, there is no perfect game but this game doesn't deserve such this poor rating on pinside. This game deserves to be in the top 20? What is your opinion ?
Best regards

I think, in part, it’s because of the mechs in the game not working right and frustration with the adjustments. I agree it’s a very fun game.

#5156 3 years ago

That, bare bones day one code, artwork that isn’t zombie yeti, etc.

Glad I got one. Add it to the pile of games I have that I like that not many others do. Haha.

#5157 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That, bare bones day one code, artwork that isn’t zombie yeti, etc.
Glad I got one. Add it to the pile of games I have that I like that not many others do. Haha.

We really enjoy our game! Our guests always play it first. I ran the audits and my Stranger Things has 1,275 plays. JP has 675 plays. Star Trek has 300 plays. TMNT has 300 plays in 12 days. I'll never understand the dislike of Stranger Things.

#5158 3 years ago

Main complaints I hear from my friends:

The demo doesn’t work
The orbit feeds suck
The magnet lock doesn’t work consistently
Too drainy
Boring layout
Multiball all day and exploit the bonus doesn’t make them want to do anything else.

If they like it initially, they tire of it quickly.

#5159 3 years ago

What do you mean exploit the bonus? Other than the early code I've not seen rediculous bonuses. I get that the multiballs are lucrative but that 2x playfield and extra ball really make the burn it back a worthwhile shot. I don't really have a tournament strategy for stranger things. I play to get to the wizard modes. Curious what the going tournament strategies are.

#5160 3 years ago

Just throwing in my 2 cents - I LOVE THIS GAME. I keep a smaller collection (usually 4 - 6 pins) and I change them out quite regularly. Right now I have Stranger Things, Space Station, Taxi, Comet, and Baby Pacman. Yes Stranger Things is my only modern Stern right now, but I've had plenty over the past few years (IMDN, MET, SW, Aerosmith, AC/DC Pre, GOT Pre, etc.). I've also had lots of the top 90's games to compare (MM, AFM, Shadow, etc.) - check my collection history if you're curious what I've owned (probably no one cares).

There is something about Stranger Things that I love - maybe because I am such a huge fan of the show, but I think more of it is the ruleset and difficulty. Every time I end a game, I want to start another game. I can't say that for many other pins I've owned over the years. I LOVE the cleland code, and keep that updated when I can (still on 0.97) - the 80's music thrown in is very nostalgic for me and enhances the experience for sure. I know I'm in the minority, but for me, Stranger Things is my favorite modern game since LOTR and MET...

#5161 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Main complaints I hear from my friends:
The demo doesn’t work
The orbit feeds suck
The magnet lock doesn’t work consistently
Too drainy
Boring layout
Multiball all day and exploit the bonus doesn’t make them want to do anything else.
If they like it initially, they tire of it quickly.

Are they novice players? Most of my guests are non-pinheads. They really haven't grown tired of it. In full disclosure, I moved my outlane posts and lowered the pitch to make it easier for guests.

The demo doesn’t work - People seem to be fine just bashing it at my house. They think hitting the shot is "big" when they do hit it.
The orbit feeds suck - Novice players so not sure they noticed.
The magnet lock doesn’t work consistently - Only have a pro.
Too drainy - Made some adjustments that really helped out.
Boring layout - People love the theme and keep coming back. I downloaded some code with tunes to make it more fun.
Multiball - Great for novice players!

#5162 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Other than the early code I've not seen rediculous bonuses.

I’ve seen my friends more than once on current code get 500-1billion in bonus regularly.

Just get lots of jackpots in MB and keep playing multiball. Get 75-100 million in base bonus and get 10x bonus x. Nothing feeds end of ball bonus except MB.

This is much easier to pull off on a pro.

#5164 3 years ago

Curious what the going tournament strategies are.

Multiball until your arms fall off.

#5165 3 years ago

I didn't think so. Lol. My comments were all regarding novice players. I don't have a lot of hardcore pinball players stopping by. Lol. I have not grown tired of it!

#5166 3 years ago

Neither have I. Just answering the question as to why the game isn’t popular. Novices don’t rate games on pinside either. Novices love the game at my house too. Hell even my step daughter who rarely plays out good time on time the first few months we had it. Played every day.

#5167 3 years ago
Quoted from FredZZZ:

Hi all,
Just a Quick thought,
Best regards

Agreed. I went to an arcade last weekend. Played all new ones. ST holds it own.

#5168 3 years ago

I honestly think Stranger Things could end up being a huge sleeper hit as code gets tweaked, shots get adjusted, and more people discover it. If not, it will be one of those hidden gems that just doesn't get the respect it deserves (along side X-Men, Mustang, etc). The layout is very satisfying, the mood and theme integration is second to none, and the code is by far Lonnie's best work. I bought it in large part because of how big of a fan of the show my daughter is (and me too honestly), expecting to be kind of lukewarm on it myself. Turns out I can't get enough of it...I can't see it going anywhere for a very long time. Just a great game all around and deserves much more respect.

#5169 3 years ago

As a huge fan of the show as well, I think the theme integration is great too. And clelands work puts it over the top.

#5170 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

As a huge fan of the show as well, I think the theme integration is great too. And clelands work puts it over the top.

I haven't even tried Cleland's code since I love the stock audio so much. I should try it though...I've been a huge fan of his other work on TWD and GOTG. Both game changers.

#5171 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I haven't even tried Cleland's code since I love the stock audio so much. I should try it though...I've been a huge fan of his other work on TWD and GOTG. Both game changers.

He doesn’t mess with any of the good stuff and improves the stuff that’s just okay.

Main single ball track to a more upbeat version. Added more callouts for tilt warnings
Added licensed music to modes like quarter hunt , run will, Mirkwood, Morse code. The ones that had just okay music before.

Really cool music additions for high score entry and game over.

Stuff like that.

#5172 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

He doesn’t mess with any of the good stuff and improves the stuff that’s just okay.
Main single ball track to a more upbeat version. Added more callouts for tilt warnings
Added licensed music to modes like quarter hunt , run will, Mirkwood, Morse code. The ones that had just okay music before.
Really cool music additions for high score entry and game over.
Stuff like that.

Sweet. I will check it out for sure. Thanks.

#5173 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Multiball until your arms fall off.

interesting, so people just keep playing the telekinesis multiball over and over? That would be boring I guess. Have not tried that myself but will.

#5174 3 years ago

interesting, so people just keep playing the telekinesis multiball over and over? That would be boring I guess. Have not tried that myself but will.

Yep. Well until you have to hit the targets like 5 times or so before the locks light. So at least 5-6 MBs. Do that and collect a ton of jackpots (the number of jackpots and super jackpots feed bonus). Best I’ve seen when someone was doing this was a billion after ball 1.

Tournament strategies are rarely fun btw. Haha

Loosely try to combine a mode with the MB too. Never play a demo mode.

#5175 3 years ago

I changed my TK multiball from factory to med. A little harder to start so some games I don't play it.

#5176 3 years ago

Sorry for newbie questions, which have probably been covered 100 times already, but apart from the projector and telekinesis lock thing, what else do you get of any significance in the premium over the pro? I understand there's a UV light mod that interacts with the playfield paint during upside-down... does that work on the pro? I guess gameplay and main display graphics are the same?

Thanks!

#5177 3 years ago

UV kit is for all models

Premium also has the shaking demogorgon which adds another little touch to the game.

I think that’s it though.

#5178 3 years ago

Thanks chuckwurt, you da maaan! Found out after my post that the premium also makes use of the TK lock during MB by grabbing up to 2 balls when SJ is lit and will award 3x SJ when 2 are being held... the pro only goes to 2x SJ... small difference, but still... something... I guess the pro doesn't have art blades? Watching the 'projector reveal' video with Jack Danger, Brian Eddy and Mike Vinikour... Brian kind of answered all my questions

#5179 3 years ago

Great. Yes that 2x/3x difference is the only rules difference I’m aware of.

No art blades on pro or premium stock.

#5180 3 years ago

Wiring harnesses arrived today for the coil cooling kit. Still waiting on foam. Once I have that, these are good to go. I'll have 2, 3, and 4 flipper coil-cooling kits at launch. The only difference between the 2 coil kit and the 3/4 coil kits is more fans, more zip-ties, and a custom inline clip-in splitter for the power lead.

#5181 3 years ago

One more question... I heard the TK lock doesn't always grab the ball... if it fails to grab the ball, will the game still acknowledge that the ball's locked by making that lock a virtual lock, or do you lose that lock?

#5182 3 years ago

I notice in Upside Down that there's a graphic showing a couple of EMs in an arcade... Nice touch... sounds seem awesome on this thing!

#5183 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

One more question... I heard the TK lock doesn't always grab the ball... if it fails to grab the ball, will the game still acknowledge that the ball's locked by making that lock a virtual lock, or do you lose that lock?

Virtual lock compensation

#5184 3 years ago

My biggest pet peeve with this game is the VUK that just knocks down 2 targets. Seems like such a weird use of that space, it’s pointless.

#5185 3 years ago

OK, final question... watching this video it looks like solid shots to the left ramp when lock is lit are often failing to make it to the lock and come back down the ramp... is there an extra elevating part to the ramp that helps the ball get to the TK lock, or does the TK magnet pull the ball out of the ramp? There seems to be something moving back there when the ball enters the ramp with lock lit... if there is something that means the ball needs more speed to make the TK lock it means the pro would be easier to make locks... but then I guess you could disable the TK lock and use virtual locks... it looks like back-handing the ramp to make the TK lock would be impossible... but backhanding that ramp when TK lock isn't lit seems very doable...

#5186 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

My biggest pet peeve with this game is the VUK that just knocks down 2 targets. Seems like such a weird use of that space, it’s pointless.

That’s why I adjusted it to shoot around the burn it back loop.

#5187 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

OK, final question... watching this video it looks like solid shots to the left ramp when lock is lit are often failing to make it to the lock and come back down the ramp... is there an extra elevating part to the ramp that helps the ball get to the TK lock, or does the TK magnet pull the ball out of the ramp? There seems to be something moving back there when the ball enters the ramp with lock lit... if there is something that means the ball needs more speed to make the TK lock it means the pro would be easier to make locks... but then I guess you could disable the TK lock and use virtual locks...

There’s a diverter arm that engages and acts as a second ramp to put the ball onto magnet. Where properly adjusted it works great unless it’s a sloppy shot. No backhands though. Has to be a good forehand shot. Makes getting to MB harder on the prem and LE.

#5188 3 years ago

Sorry guys but can someone steer me in the right direction for cl sound mod and how to install it . If so thanks heaps in advance

#5189 3 years ago
Quoted from Georgeh:

Sorry guys but can someone steer me in the right direction for cl sound mod and how to install it . If so thanks heaps in advance

Just replied to your PM which should answer all your questions

#5190 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There’s a diverter arm that engages and acts as a second ramp to put the ball onto magnet. Where properly adjusted it works great unless it’s a sloppy shot. No backhands though. Has to be a good forehand shot. Makes getting to MB harder on the prem and LE.

I’ve actually been able to backhand it a few times. Basically have to roll it up there. Diverter actuates which basically stops the ball then it releases and ball rolls around the ramp. Really needs to be a half hearted shot but it works. For me as soon as my game ends I can’t hit the start button fast enough. Love this title!! Won’t ever leave my collection. Being a huge fan of the series makes this game a no brainer to have in a collection.

#5191 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Well until you have to hit the targets like 5 times or so before the locks light. So at least 5-6 MBs. Do that and collect a ton of jackpots (the number of jackpots and super jackpots feed bonus). Best I’ve seen when someone was doing this was a billion after ball 1.
Tournament strategies are rarely fun btw. Haha
Loosely try to combine a mode with the MB too. Never play a demo mode.

I tried this today and I can see how you could get your scores up with that in a tournament setting. I'm not the best multiball person but was able to manage close to 100 mil just from bonus from the first telekinesis focusing on collecting jackpots and ramps to increase multipliers. If I was a better multiball handler I can see how that could be quite lucrative. Last tournament I was at the scores on ST were well under 150 mil. In a tournament setting the demogorgon is much more dangerous to go after. That said tho it wasn't very enjoyable so I've gone back to climbing for the wizard modes

#5192 3 years ago

focusing on collecting jackpots and ramps to increase multipliers.

Just concentrate on quantity not value.

#5193 3 years ago

How do you increase the jackpot value? Would be great if JP value is linked to number of modes done, to somehow persuade players who want a big score away form only going for multiballs as described in previous posts, but I guess this isn't the case... in MM, the multiball jackpots were increased by the number of completed main shots I seem to remember (not played that game for so long, I've forgotten the rules), which I thought was an excellent feature... so I was hoping Brian would have done something similar here...?

#5194 3 years ago

Jackpot values increase as you go through waves of them. So the first wave of jackpots are 1 mm, then 1.1 maybe. Or they just stay at 1mm and 2x playfield increases them only. Then SJP can be doubled or tripled before collecting by hitting the left ramp (prem only) then doubled again if 2x playfield is running.

Where the modes come in are the mini wizard modes. The better you do in modes the more send it back and light the fire is worth.

Both total isolation modes have jackpots that increase with each SJP collected. They also double if you make a JP in a combo.

TK MB isn’t affected by mode scoring because getting to TK MB has nothing to do with completing modes.

MM requires the player to complete the modes to light MB.

#5195 3 years ago

Thanks. I think it's a pity that the 'standard MB jackpots are not linked to the rest of the game somehow... its like you have 2 separate things going on... I understand you can stack a mode with the MB, but it would be good if the 2 aspects of the game could be more 'intertwined' I think... thanks again for taking time to explain!

#5196 3 years ago

It’s more like AFM than MM so it might help. Haha

#5197 3 years ago

Between those 2 games I was always more a fan of MM... My favourite game of all time... but then I've not played Stranger Things yet

#5198 3 years ago

Interested to hear your thoughts. Hopefully the one you play is dialed in.

#5199 3 years ago

I just pulled the trigger on a used LE with mods at a price I couldn't refuse... cash has not been exchanged yet, but I feel 'I'm in'

#5200 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me where the plug for the Christmas lights mod goes? I don’t have the install instructions but it is a four pin connector with the far left pin blocked. Much appreciated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/104?hl=powerhouse47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.