IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 448.
#5101 3 years ago

OK Gotcha

yes they are working correctly

#5102 3 years ago

I went back and forth with stern a ton on this, and they kept telling me over and over to make sure I had dont the adjustments right. Main things being the distance from the backboard and the ramp sitting away from the wall as far as possible. I finally got it after like 10 tries. Haha.

So the instructions just needed to be better.

I think stern is making a better set of them, but I feel like this should work well for everyone.

They have different things in the works to help with flipper fade, but I say just go with virelands fans.

#5103 3 years ago
Quoted from fuzz:

OK Gotcha
yes they are working correctly

Okay then last thing is the aligator clip to see if that helps. If it doesn’t then I’m officially at a loss. Haha.

#5104 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Man I gotta say....moving that ramp forward so the arm is centered in the cutout is huge to the TK lock working more consistently.Even with a decent shot now I get a lock. This post is the Bible for the Telekinesis Lock. Follow it to a T and you’ll be locking 99% of the time at a minimum. Well done

Testify! Go Chuck for the work. Amen

#5105 3 years ago
Quoted from Powerhouse47:

Testify! Go Chuck for the work. Amen

What number is this post for the tk lock? I cannot find it.

#5106 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

What number is this post for the tk lock? I cannot find it.

Click on "Topic Index" at the top of the page. It's listed there and you can click straight to it.

#5107 3 years ago

chuckwurt

So I did the alligator clip test and flipper was still weak
I disassembled the flipper mech and rebuilt it
still weak
My flippers were set at 195 for each and machine has been playing great including making the ramp shot on to the mouth.

I upped the right flipper power to factory setting of 255 and the flipper is playing better.
the left is still at 195
they both seem to be at the same power in terms of force.

Do you think its a weak coil?

#5108 3 years ago
Quoted from fuzz:

chuckwurt
still weak
My flippers were set at 195 for each and machine has been playing great including making the ramp shot on to the mouth.
I upped the right flipper power to factory setting of 255 and the flipper is playing better.
the left is still at 195

Sorry if this is a stupid question, especially after you rebuilt them, but did you leave a little play up-and-down between the flipper and the playfield bushing? I've seen a few flippers too tight to the playfield and binding right out of the box.

#5109 3 years ago

Ill double check
The machine has about 400 plays on it currently

Thanks for the tip

#5110 3 years ago
Quoted from fuzz:

chuckwurt
still weak
the left is still at 195

You could swap coils to figure that out.

#5111 3 years ago

195 is crazy low. That is part of the issue. Why do you have them that low?

#5112 3 years ago

I have been getting probably 75-80% on the TK lock since I went through the PDF and make the adjustments. But I was under the hood already this afternoon and decided to go look at what chuckwurt added the other day. The only thing I did this time was took the ramp plate screw out completely and loosened the ramp to move forward a hair more. It was like a tiny fraction of an inch, but now it looks just like his picture does, and after testing it appears it’s working like a total champ now. Did get a single reject off a shot that should be locked.

Follow that guide to a T, but I do think that particular adjustment is really important to getting the timing of the rod catching the ball down.

#5113 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

195 is crazy low. That is part of the issue. Why do you have them that low?

I was having trouble with the demo mouth shot, I read that decreasing power made the shot easier. This is what I found to work on both flippers.
I changed it months ago. I was a actually surprised when I logged back into the adjustments as well.
never had an issue until yesterday.

If anyone else has any ideas let me know

thanks

Quoted from Leachdude:

You could swap coils to figure that out.

I went ahead ordered some coils since this machine is on location and I should have some backups.

Ill install when they arrive and report back.

#5114 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

..Marco still shows it as $399. Will be interesting to see what it will end up priced at.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7113-00

Unfortunately $599 is the correct price

#5115 3 years ago
Quoted from fuzz:

If anyone else has any ideas let me know

Put both flipper powers back to stock.

#5116 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Click on "Topic Index" at the top of the page. It's listed there and you can click straight to it.

Thank you Sir!

#5117 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Put both flipper powers back to stock.

copy.

done

Thank You

#5118 3 years ago

Sooo this is kinda F’d. My left orbit(bicycle) will not advance with shots to that orbit. Did a switch test and it registers as normal. Any ideas ? Just did the new update (.98) so idk if this has anything to do with it. I may try to load it again an see.

#5119 3 years ago

That’s weird. The switch for that shot is at the back right corner of the game on the ramp. So that switch registers in test and does nothing in game? How did you test the switch?

#5120 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s weird. The switch for that shot is at the back right corner of the game on the ramp. So that switch registers in test and does nothing in game? How did you test the switch?

Shoot I thought it was the roll over switch just beyond the left orbit spinner. Let me check the switch you’re referring to. Thanks for the heads up on that.

#5121 3 years ago

Hoppers Blazer wire must have slid down when I was messing around with the TK lock and wasn’t allowing the switch to make. Thanks for the heads up on the proper switch. Furthermore your TK lock fix worked great. So good I had to raise up the magnet strength a bit as the balls were wizzing by now. Lol!! Thanks again for the info.

2C65380A-07BB-406B-B282-A9D52D4147E0 (resized).jpeg2C65380A-07BB-406B-B282-A9D52D4147E0 (resized).jpeg
#5122 3 years ago

Awesome! Happy to help.

#5123 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Unfortunately $599 is the correct price

Does anyone know what we get for that?

#5124 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Does anyone know what we get for that?

A baby's arm holding an apple.

#5125 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A baby's arm holding an apple.

50EBDF2F-F638-4F5D-8BDF-8DBB61B31C28 (resized).jpeg50EBDF2F-F638-4F5D-8BDF-8DBB61B31C28 (resized).jpeg
#5126 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Awesome! Happy to help.

Any tips on bending the TK arm down. Mine is slightly higher than 2 inches. Just not sure for to bend, I don’t want to cause further damage

#5127 3 years ago

Push it down. Nothing to it. Just go slow.

#5128 3 years ago

Assuming the official topper will be interactive with the .98 code release notes, anyone have any thoughts on what it will be? I just hope it's not a $600 piece of acrylic like JP. Something like BKSOR would be ideal. Maybe the Mind Flayer or something with the final mode? The code updates have been solid and Stern has made this game into an unknown gem now. Great value for a new game, let's hope the topper, tops it off!

#5129 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Assuming the official topper will be interactive with the .98 code release notes, anyone have any thoughts on what it will be? I just hope it's not a $600 piece of acrylic like JP. Something like BKSOR would be ideal. Maybe the Mind Flayer or something with the final mode? The code updates have been solid and Stern has made this game into an unknown gem now. Great value for a new game, let's hope the topper, tops it off!

100% agree.

#5130 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Assuming the official topper will be interactive with the .98 code release notes, anyone have any thoughts on what it will be?

Life size animatronic Chief Hopper that takes a drink of coffee each time you score on the demogorgon

#5131 3 years ago

All the kids on bikes looking off into the sunset. No mind flayer until you hit the upside down, then the topper gets blast with UV and reveals the mind flayer along with changing all the other artwork.

Also have it integrated with other light shows in the game too.

#5132 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Push it down. Nothing to it. Just go slow.

Alright. I’ve been playing for last 2 hours. I think I’m at 18/24 TK. And 2 of them were rattled up the ramp. The arm less than 2 inches is PARAMOUNT. Anywho. Now I have thread stuck up there that haven’t come down. Which switch is the magnet lock release?

#5133 3 years ago

Alright. I’ve been playing for last 2 hours. I think I’m at 18/24 TK. And 2 of them were rattled up the ramp. The arm less than 2 inches is PARAMOUNT. Anywho. Now I have thread stuck up there that haven’t come down. Which switch is the magnet lock release?

I rebooted and can hear it trying to release. Make soft thump sound

#5134 3 years ago

I rebooted and can hear it trying to release. Make soft thump sound

And. Is it say error

#5135 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

All the kids on bikes looking off into the sunset. No mind flayer until you hit the upside down, then the topper gets blast with UV and reveals the mind flayer along with changing all the other artwork.
Also have it integrated with other light shows in the game too.

All the YES

2A0B7FD1-9F62-4BEF-A4EA-7A0DF70E06AA (resized).jpeg2A0B7FD1-9F62-4BEF-A4EA-7A0DF70E06AA (resized).jpeg
#5136 3 years ago

And. Is it say error

The switches for the magnet are to the right of it on the backboard. They are two optos. Play around with them in switch test.

#5137 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The switches for the magnet are to the right of it on the backboard. They are two optos. Play around with them in switch test.

Thanks. Chuck. If you’re ever in Indy. I owe you a beer. Or two. And a bourbon.

#5138 3 years ago

The latest on my weak right flipper issue.
The right flipper is getting stuck in the up position and stays that way unless the left flipper button is pressed.
Im assuming these 2 symptoms are connected?

#5139 3 years ago
Quoted from fuzz:

The right flipper is getting stuck in the up position and stays that way unless the left flipper button is pressed.

And you have vertical play in the right flipper if you pull up on it?

Sounds like the flipper is too tight to the bushing or the coil stop is broken.

#5140 3 years ago

Have you taken the flipper assembly apart yet? What did you find?

#5141 3 years ago
Quoted from fuzz:

I say replace the coil stops, then start flippin

#5142 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I say replace the coil stops, then start flippin

It's 2 screws to take off the coil stop, inspect it, and diagnose the problem. Let's grab that screwdriver!

#5143 3 years ago

replaced the coil stop and sleeve.
both flippers are on factory stock 255
I took flipper assembly apart and rebuilt.

Right flipper is weaker and has a hard time getting up the left ramps.

Today the right flipper started sticking in the up position.
Not all the time but when the flipper is being flipped alot.

#5144 3 years ago

That has to be mechanical. So your new coil stops are busted already, or your flipper plunger is mushroomed or the flipper isn’t properly gapped away from the bushing.

Get a rebuild kit and rule out the issue being mechanical.

#5146 3 years ago
Quoted from fuzz:

replaced the coil stop and sleeve.
both flippers are on factory stock 255
I took flipper assembly apart and rebuilt.

Right flipper is weaker and has a hard time getting up the left ramps.

Today the right flipper started sticking in the up position.
Not all the time but when the flipper is being flipped alot.

Just to rule out binding to the bushing - pull up on the right flipper bat and make sure there's a tiny bit of play - it should be able to lift very slightly (about a credit card thickness gap) and fall back down. I've seen very poor flipper performance when the bats were not gapped properly with the bushings.

#5147 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Just to rule out binding to the bushing - pull up on the right flipper bat and make sure there's a tiny bit of play - it should be able to lift very slightly (about a credit card thickness gap) and fall back down. I've seen very poor flipper performance when the bats were not gapped properly with the bushings.

Will do

thank you

#5148 3 years ago

Star Court Mall with the mind flayer and Some Surprise season 3 content with the topper would be cool.

#5149 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Star Court Mall with the mind flayer and Some Surprise season 3 content with the topper would be cool.

Agreed! Worth the money IMO. I mean season 3 came after all the main plans. DLC that makes sense cause development
hours would be on top Of what’s already planned.

#5150 3 years ago

Well, Stranger Things will have a 5th season after all.

"Stranger Things is not going anywhere anytime soon—other than Russia, of course.

While Matt and Ross Duffer, the creators of the Netflix drama, have previously guessed that they might say goodbye to the hit show after four seasons, they confirmed in a new interview that season four will not be the end for the kids of Hawkins, Indiana.

"Season four won't be the end," Ross Duffer told The Hollywood Reporter. "We know what the end is, and we know when it is. [The pandemic] has given us time to look ahead, figure out what is best for the show. Starting to fill that out gave us a better idea of how long we need to tell that story."

In even more good news, Matt confirmed that all of the season four scripts are ready to go.

"For the first time, we have all the scripts written and we're able to look at it as a whole piece and make adjustments," he said. "

https://www.eonline.com/news/1180182/the-stranger-things-creators-have-good-news-about-the-future-of-the-show

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/103?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.