StrangerThingsProjectorIssue (resized).jpg
IMG_3491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3470 (resized).jpeg
A_SSK (resized).jpg
AE99B1FC-2FD4-481F-8B7F-6B7DF79E16DD (resized).jpeg
image_67200769 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,192 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 444.
#5051 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Brian told me at LAX there was no plan for the lock bar button..

That's a bummer. Seems like a waste of money on their part too

#5052 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

That's a bummer. Seems like a waste of money on their part too

Actually buying lockbars in bulk with the button is most likely cheaper. Just like buying all their cabinets in bulk and never doing odd cabinets or wide-bodies.

#5053 3 years ago

Got my pinwoofer GT speaker upgrades and am finally going to install this weekend ! Was supposed to last weekend, but the wifey had other plans for me! I can’t wait!

#5054 3 years ago

I agree and I would be surprised if the programmer didn't take this opportunity to use the button since it's there anyway. You can blink it different colors during modes, you can use it to select something, enable ball launch, add it to attract mode for petes sake. Come on programmer, use your imagination!

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Actually buying lockbars in bulk with the button is most likely cheaper. Just like buying all their cabinets in bulk and never doing odd cabinets or wide-bodies.

#5055 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I agree and I would be surprised if the programmer didn't take this opportunity to use the button since it's there anyway. You can blink it different colors during modes, you can use it to select something, enable ball launch, add it to attract mode for petes sake. Come on programmer, use your imagination!

My ideas were to incorporate it during the wizard modes, have it make the demogorgon go nuts during attract mode, and use it during a video mode.

#5056 3 years ago

I needed this. I've been on TWD since it arrived, and poor ST has been sitting there lonely. Can't wait to go get this on there and fire it back up.

#5057 3 years ago

The button could AT LEAST be used to count as a shot during a mode. Just like GOTG (hadron), DP (boom), BM66 (gadget), etc etc

#5058 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

The button could AT LEAST be used to count as a shot during a mode. Just like GOTG (hadron), DP (boom), BM66 (gadget), etc etc

Demigorgan bomb would be cool

#5059 3 years ago

The lack of video mode and use of lock bar button is really disappointing. All other games use these features. If this one does not use them you will see further erosion of popularity of this game. Count on it. Not sure they read these forums, but I hope they use some resources to make this game complete ASAP.

#5060 3 years ago

Jurassic park is a fantastic game and the only use of the button is to change the smart missile award.

Where’s the video modes in Deadpool, maiden, Jurassic park, or Munsters.

I highly doubt the games rep will get worse due to the center button not having tons of use. Mainly because this game from crucified from day one so it can’t get any worse from that standpoint. Haha.

#5061 3 years ago

BULLSHIT! JACKPOT! BULLSHIT! JACKPOT! BULLSHIT! JACKPOT!

Haha I am sure some if you have done it. Did it Yesterday!

#5062 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Jurassic park is a fantastic game and the only use of the button is to change the smart missile award.
I highly doubt the games rep will get worse due to the center button not having tons of use. Mainly because this game from crucified from day one so it can’t get any worse from that standpoint. Haha.

You are forgettin the super tranq which is huge for capturin the T-Rex

#5063 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

You are forgettin the super tranq which is huge for capturin the T-Rex

Yep forgot about that. Good feature.

#5064 3 years ago

Sorry if I missed it, but... how exactly do you get to Light the Fire wizard mode???

#5065 3 years ago

Play all the season 2 modes.

#5066 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Play all the season 2 modes.

Got it, thank you. Never quite got there...

#5067 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Got it, thank you. Never quite got there...

Yeah not easy, but doable especially if you collect all the EBs along the way. Getting there with 6 balls is a lot easier than 3. Haha.

It’s also pretty much the end of the game if you get there. At a minimum you have to play 10 of the 12 chapter modes to play a mini wizard mode.

#5068 3 years ago

Anybody else getting NO SIGNAL on the projector after installing .98?

#5069 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Anybody else getting NO SIGNAL on the projector after installing .98?

Mine is fine. Try power cycling the game.

#5070 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mine is fine. Try power cycling the game.

Yeah, no dice. Consistently powers on and gives me the NO SIGNAL screen. Everything else is working normally, however.

#5071 3 years ago

Bummer. Not sure what the issue could be. Maybe load the code again.

#5072 3 years ago

Wait. I might be a ding dong. Looks like I might have clicked on PRO instead of Premium, which would make sense here.

I’ll report back.

#5073 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

BULLSHIT! JACKPOT! BULLSHIT! JACKPOT! BULLSHIT! JACKPOT!
Haha I am sure some if you have done it. Did it Yesterday!

So rewarding. The pinwoofer kit brings it to another level too.

#5074 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just make the center button make various face slap sounds and award minimal points every time "Bullshit" is uttered. Have a discipline champion for most slaps in response to a "bullshit" in the mode (not just spamming the button). It would be hard to juggle that task and keep the ball moving. Could be fun.

#5075 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just make the center button make various face slap sounds and award minimal points every time "Bullshit" is uttered. Have a discipline champion for most slaps in response to a "bullshit" in the mode (not just spamming the button). It would be hard to juggle that task and keep the ball moving. Could be fun.

Just as long as it isn't an Eggo eating contest...

#5076 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Just as long as it isn't an Eggo eating contest...

Hahahaha. Noice.

#5077 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Wait. I might be a ding dong. Looks like I might have clicked on PRO instead of Premium, which would make sense here.
I’ll report back.

Yep. I doofed and clicked Pro. All good with the correct code installed.

#5078 3 years ago

One time I put premium GOT code on my pro. Thought I completely broke the game. Thank god it’s no big deal.

#5079 3 years ago

Does new update kill Cleland sound mod?

#5081 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

One time I put premium GOT code on my pro. Thought I completely broke the game. Thank god it’s no big deal.

I don't know why they don't have a pre-check for what machine you're trying to install a rom on. They can just check for node boards specific to Premiums/LE and tell you if you are trying the wrong one.

Oh wait...Lonnie does the low-level system stuff. Nevermind. Answered my own question.

#5083 3 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

Does new update kill Cleland sound mod?

Yes, but not for long. Patching now....

#5084 3 years ago

Cant wait for Cleland's code!!

#5085 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Light the fire here if anyone want to see it.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/709514217

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

#5087 3 years ago

New code in. Oddly I get loss of all projection during Quaterhunt. Returns when finished.

#5088 3 years ago

A few of us are still waiting on the side armor. Wonder how far out the topper is.

#5089 3 years ago

Interesting bit In the listing. Must be boilerplate text.

"Compatible with Premium, Limited Edition (LE) and Signature Edition (SE) models."

Marco still shows it as $399. Will be interesting to see what it will end up priced at.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7113-00

#5090 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Interesting bit In the listing. Must be boilerplate text.
"Compatible with Premium, Limited Edition (LE) and Signature Edition (SE) models."
Marco still shows it as $399. Will be interesting to see what it will end up priced at.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7113-00

Signature edition would be pretty cool. ST trading cards were produced and cards with pieces of screen-used props were randomly placed in the packs. Having one of those embedded in the apron like the trading cards on BM66 would be pretty sweet. Hell, they should have simply done something like that on the LE.

#5091 3 years ago

Tech Help
my Right Flipper on my stranger Things has suddenly become very weak. I checked all the bolts and screws and everything seems to be tight. It was working fine earlier today. Ive made no adjustments to any of the menu items. I did install new coil stops recently, but as stated before Everything has been working correctly until this afternoon. Visually everything looks fine as well. Could it be a bad coil? not sure what to check next. any help would be appreciated.

#5092 3 years ago

I would make sure the new coil stop didn’t break already. Haha. Is it very weak right away? Like first game of a session it’s weak?

#5093 3 years ago

yep thats correct
powered the game off
reboot
very weak/limp
barely moves the ball up the playfield.

#5094 3 years ago

Okay something definitely up. Put the game in switch test and make sure the eos switch is registering and behaving just like the left flipper and report back.

#5095 3 years ago

Left EOSis
11/8-SW-16

Right EOS is
12/8-SW-31

Left button
9/8 -SW-25

Right button
10/8-SW-16

#5096 3 years ago

But are they behaving the same?

Point is, if your eos switch is not making good contact, the flipper will flip like a limp noodle. Next test is to try and put an aligator clip on the eos to hold it closed and see if that solves it.

#5097 3 years ago

if i cradle the ball and then attempt to make a shot from that flipper it has no "punch" more like a limp flick
left flipper is functioning as it should

#5098 3 years ago

OK
Im not sure how to determine this by "behaving the same"
there is a meter that is displayed but im not sure how to decipher the read out
when I press the flipper buttons these are the numbers that are displayed.
they both flip
I looked at the EOS on the assembly and they both visually look the same
could it be the leaf switch on the flipper buttons?
when you say clamp the gator clip on EOS, is that litereral

I apologize for my ignorance, I have williams and bally at home
Also a Iron Maiden that has never given me any problems
I can fix basics

THe game is here at my sub shop and my tools are at home, I will bring them in tomorrow and continue to diagnose

very interested in learning and figuring this out.
Thank you for your help, ILl post again when I have proper tools.

#5099 3 years ago
Quoted from fuzz:

gator clip on EOS, is that litereral

Yes. The point of doing the switch test would be to compare how the eos registers when you let go of the flipper.

It should register right away and stay registered until you flip it again. Then the right flipper button will be the one that shows up on the screen and the eos does not because now that switch is open.

If when you drop the flipper the eos doesn’t register right away or is intermittent, that’s that issue.

I said to compare the behavior in switch test to the left flipper because that one is working fine. So when you flip the left flipper, look for slight variations in how the switch test registers the flipper button and the eos.

Aligator clip ensures the switch is closed. Looking at it isn’t good enough.

#5100 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Chas sent me this checklist for dialing in the ramp diverter and magnet. Let's mark this as a key post so others can access it easily. Click the image to see the full PDF.
[quoted image]
The pdf adjustments should get yours working 100% or extremely close. Some things to do that aren’t on there:
Completely remove the snug plate screw mentioned in the pdf towards the end. Unscrew all the screws that hold on the entrance half of the left ramp (including the ramp flap screws in the playfield). Push the ramp towards the player as much as possible and then put the ramp flap screws back and and all other ramp screws.
If done correctly, your ramp diverter arm should sit in the cutout of the ramp just like this:
[quoted image]
Be absolutely certain (with a tiny ruler or tape measure) that the diverter arm is about 12-13/16” of an inch from the back wall when engaged (don’t move the arm with you finger, push the coil plunger in from the back of the game) after you do this correctly your mech behind the backboard should look like this (note where the bracket screws are and the spacing of the bracket holes):
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Make sure the arm end is 2” or less above the floor of the ramp (I’ve found it works best if it’s a tad lower than 2”). Again be absolutely certain this is exactly right.
[quoted image]
If either of those adjustments are a hair off it will cause the lock performance to suffer. See below for a couple more pictures to "make yours like mine"
Make sure when the ball is on the diverter and going up it, it is riding the top of the diverter and not touching the metal guide welded to the outside of the diverter rod (again test this by actuating the diverter with the coil plunger behind the back wall):
[quoted image]
Also, when the diverter is engaged, the ball should not touch it until this point (see pic below) after it makes the turn in the ramp:
[quoted image]
If you get rejects, it is from the diverter pinching the ball, which means you have the mech adjusted so that the diverter closes too much. Go back and redo the mech adjustments until yours looks like mine.
I have completely dialed mine in with no additional fixes from Stern.
Make these adjustments right and it should be good. Add the flipper coil fans that Vireland is making to ensure the performance of your flipper is consistent for long periods of play.
After all that you should have 99-100% locks

Man I gotta say....moving that ramp forward so the arm is centered in the cutout is huge to the TK lock working more consistently.Even with a decent shot now I get a lock. This post is the Bible for the Telekinesis Lock. Follow it to a T and you’ll be locking 99% of the time at a minimum. Well done

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mount Washington, KY
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 210.00
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
15,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Cruz, CA
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
There are 22,192 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 444.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/102?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.