StrangerThingsProjectorIssue (resized).jpg
IMG_3491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3470 (resized).jpeg
A_SSK (resized).jpg
AE99B1FC-2FD4-481F-8B7F-6B7DF79E16DD (resized).jpeg
image_67200769 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 445.
#5001 3 years ago
Quoted from Powerhouse47:

Any tips/how-tos on installing the LotR coil? Just got it in. I’m also going to get the vireland mod. But want to install the LotR as well

I wouldn't run the heavier LotR coil and the coil cooling kit together because you'll have full overpowered coil strength for the whole game without letup. It will likely break stuff faster. I'd do either/or.

#5002 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I wouldn't run the heavier LotR coil and the coil cooling kit together because you'll have full overpowered coil strength for the whole game without letup. It will likely break stuff faster. I'd do either/or.

Ahhhh. Well. When would one need to make the choice? I.e. when is cooling kit ready?

#5003 3 years ago

Any tips/how-tos on installing the LotR coil? Just got it in. I’m also going to get the vireland mod. But want to install the LotR as well

Cut the diode off and install it just like the stock coil. Also reduce the right flipper power to 240 because like Vireland said, you’ll now have a more powerful coil that doesn’t get tired (not needed).

#5004 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Cut the diode off and install it just like the stock coil. Also reduce the right flipper power to 240 because like Vireland said, you’ll now have a more powerful coil that doesn’t get tired (not needed).

You’re too kind Sir. “Don’t use words like diode, we don’t know what it means.” Joking of course... But seriously I don’t know what diode means

#5005 3 years ago

You’re too kind Sir. “Don’t use words like diode, we don’t know what it means.” Joking of course... But seriously I don’t know what diode means

Please do not install that coil. Haha

It’s the tiny black plastic thing that has two metal legs on it soldered to the outside lugs of the coil. This game uses coils with no diodes. You’ll mess your game up if you put that coil in without cutting that diode off.

But again. Just wait for the fans. You’ll be glad you did.

9080930D-84F9-417D-946C-58671D7D9DA4 (resized).jpeg9080930D-84F9-417D-946C-58671D7D9DA4 (resized).jpeg
#5006 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please do not install that coil. Haha
It’s the tiny black plastic thing that has two metal legs on it soldered to the outside lugs of the coil. This game uses coils with no diodes. You’ll mess your game up if you put that coil in without cutting that diode off.
But again. Just wait for the fans. You’ll be glad you did.[quoted image]

“You underestimate my power.” I think you’re right. I’m gonna wait. You’ve been great, thx Chuck

#5007 3 years ago

Ahhhh. Well. When would one need to make the choice? I.e. when is cooling kit ready?

It's just a few weeks out. Wiring harnesses are being made, fan brackets are being printed night and day, packaging foam block is (I think) final today after some tweaks and should be cut soon. All the other parts are here.

This *should* be the final foam block design for the packaging. I had to make the parts at the bottom larger because the final wiring harnesses will have 22AWG instead of 24AWG so they're a little more hardy, but that makes them bulkier, too. I also added 12" so there's enough wire length for it to be cleanly tied to the playfield wire trunk for a factory-look install. Both of those changes meant the cutouts from last week would be too small. As long as I was re-doing the foam, I made a face. We'll see if it survives in actual foam...

(Don't pay attention to the different colored fan brackets and low-res of the gray fan bracket, these are just random ones I had on hand to check the fit of the receptacle before I sent it to the foam guy. The final fan brackets are red PETG.)
Foam_Block_2_400x400 (resized).jpgFoam_Block_2_400x400 (resized).jpg

And here's what the instructions look like:
Cooling-Kit Installation Instructions-900x634-sml. (resized).jpgCooling-Kit Installation Instructions-900x634-sml. (resized).jpg

#5008 3 years ago

It's not much, but it's mine! Finally broke my 500M curse. My game is setup stupid hard and I'll probably address that soon. 15 minute game!

#5009 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

It's not much, but it's mine! Finally broke my 500M curse. My game is setup stupid hard and I'll probably address that soon. 15 minute game!

Amazing Quarter Hunt mode! Just shy of 100mm.

#5010 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Amazing Quarter Hunt mode! Just shy of 100mm.

Thanks! But what is the deal with a 40M Barb shot? Is that if you one-shot it?

#5011 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

yes, if you find barb in the first shot it's worth a ton. Really lucky shot on that one. Find Will can be worth a ton as well if you manage to combo all the shots. Only done it once

#5012 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I one shot where’s barb yesterday with 2x scoring going on. 80 mil for one shot is crazy awesome!

#5013 3 years ago

So I've had the two lights under the left flipper that have been flickering since I got the machine. A while back Stern sent me new bulb sockets so I could replace them. Now that I have the machine apart I can see why they are flickering. They are pressed up against the wood so the full vibration from the playfield is hitting them. Now my question. How in the devil am I supposed to replace those staples? Is there a special tool for that? It must be really powerful as I don't think any of my staple guns could penetrate the playfield. Let alone get them anywhere close to where the staples need to go. These must be some of the first things populated on the playfield when they are building them.

IMG_20200810_204950420 (resized).jpgIMG_20200810_204950420 (resized).jpg
#5014 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

So I've had the two lights under the left flipper that have been flickering since I got the machine. A while back Stern sent me new bulb sockets so I could replace them. Now that I have the machine apart I can see why they are flickering. They are pressed up against the wood so the full vibration from the playfield is hitting them. Now my question. How in the devil am I supposed to replace those staples? Is there a special tool for that? It must be really powerful as I don't think any of my staple guns could penetrate the playfield. Let alone get them anywhere close to where the staples need to go. These must be some of the first things populated on the playfield when they are building them. [quoted image]

Swap bulbs from the top side of playfield. They are probably good bulbs just not a great connection.

#5015 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Swap bulbs from the top side of playfield. They are probably good bulbs just not a great connection.

I've already changed the bulbs out twice. they will be good for a few games and then start flickering again. The sockets need to be changed or fixed in some way. Definitely have to be centered in the playfield hole at a minimum.

#5016 3 years ago

I have updated the Key post with the PDF from stern. I added a bunch of my own notes with pictures from my game. If others want to try and fix their lock some more, this should help. Hardest thing is thinking you have done the adjustments, but you really haven't, so I hope the pictures from my game will help. I also wanted to make sure my setup stood the test of time and it has. Combine these adjustments with Vireland's fans, and you should have a perfectly working TK magnet lock mech.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488

#5017 3 years ago

After doing some googling I've found people use pneumatic long nose upholstery staplers for the job. Going to give this one a try https://www.amazon.com/3PLUS-H7116LSP-KT-Pneumatic-Upholstery-Stapler/dp/B07YDD94RL

#5018 3 years ago

just finished monster hunting yesterday and game froze and reset directly after. Anyone have this happen?

#5019 3 years ago
Quoted from sbauers73:

just finished monster hunting yesterday and game froze and reset directly after. Anyone have this happen?

Are you running the latest code?

#5020 3 years ago

So I've had the two lights under the left flipper that have been flickering since I got the machine. A while back Stern sent me new bulb sockets so I could replace them. Now that I have the machine apart I can see why they are flickering. They are pressed up against the wood so the full vibration from the playfield is hitting them. Now my question. How in the devil am I supposed to replace those staples? Is there a special tool for that? It must be really powerful as I don't think any of my staple guns could penetrate the playfield. Let alone get them anywhere close to where the staples need to go. These must be some of the first things populated on the playfield when they are building them. [quoted image]

I have the issue with my right flipper Inlane lights.

#5021 3 years ago

Just had a good trap em. Collected 2, 92 million supers after the first round of jackpots. Man that would’ve been amazing to have 2x scoring going during that. Haha

#5022 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Are you running the latest code?

yes. latest code on premium. .97

#5023 3 years ago

also noticing delayed reactions(sounds) to hitting demagorgan. sometimes a few seconds, sometimes its right on

#5024 3 years ago

I’ve had one reset too. It was right during the opening animation of quarter hunt. I started a demo mode while the animation was still running. Game froze and reset. Stern has all the info to fix it. Hopefully they are related and squash them both at once. Seems like an edge case though. It only happened once in close to 500 games on .97

#5025 3 years ago
Quoted from sbauers73:

also noticing delayed reactions(sounds) to hitting demagorgan. sometimes a few seconds, sometimes its right on

Always been there. Not sure if that can be improved or not. Should send a bug report to stern. I’ll do the same.

#5026 3 years ago
Quoted from sbauers73:

I get that from time to time. Usually some other sounds hasn’t fully finished is all. When TK multiball going, happens a lot. Games waits for hopper to say ‘jackpot’ then registers the hit

#5027 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Had a helper today! He is so proud of himself. He hasn’t stopped playing since his install. I work 3pm till 1am so this was a must have, because when I get home and wanna play everyone is asleep!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I see lots of people talk about headphone jacks so they can play while people sleep. Isn’t the machine itself too noisy with all the mechanical noise going on? I know I’d get shot if I played at 3am volume or no volume.

#5028 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I see lots of people talk about headphone jacks so they can play while people sleep. Isn’t the machine itself too noisy with all the mechanical noise going on? I know I’d get shot if I played at 3am volume or no volume.

One of the reasons my wife is the best. We rock out until the sun comes up sometimes. Volumes are LOUD.

#5029 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

One of the reasons my wife is the best. We rock out until the sun comes up sometimes. Volumes are LOUD.

What?!?!?

#5030 3 years ago

My machines are in the basement. No one can hear them no matter how loud I have the sounds. Only headphone jack I could see would maybe be in a barcade where they didn't want the extra sounds of the machine but I've never seen one out and about. Plenty of machines I can't hear tho.

#5031 3 years ago

I’m a lucky dog. Haha.

My machines are in the basement. No one can hear them no matter how loud I have the sounds. Only headphone jack I could see would maybe be in a barcade where they didn't want the extra sounds of the machine but I've never seen one out and about. Plenty of machines I can't hear tho.

Love the barcade near me. He has the sound plenty loud on all the games.

#5032 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Nowhere near as loud as the kenwood backbox speakers and Pyle sub pushed by pinwoofer amps

#5033 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My wife goes to work at 6am me not until 3pm so when I get home at 0130 she is asleep

#5034 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

My wife goes to work at 6am me not until 3pm so when I get home at 0130 she is asleep

Yeah it helps that we have the exact same schedule.

#5035 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

They sell kits that can quiet your coil clacking noise down.

#5036 3 years ago

Can someone tell me what the center button does? I've never seen it lit and am tired of googling. I can't find anything.

#5037 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Can someone tell me what the center button does? I've never seen it lit and am tired of googling. I can't find anything.

Starts a game and plunges the ball.

#5038 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Starts a game and plunges the ball.

Well that's lame. Thanks for the reply

#5039 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Hopefully the new code update will add some applications for the center button.

#5040 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's just a few weeks out. Wiring harnesses are being made, fan brackets are being printed night and day, packaging foam block is (I think) final today after some tweaks and should be cut soon. All the other parts are here.
This *should* be the final foam block design for the packaging. I had to make the parts at the bottom larger because the final wiring harnesses will have 22AWG instead of 24AWG so they're a little more hardy, but that makes them bulkier, too. I also added 12" so there's enough wire length for it to be cleanly tied to the playfield wire trunk for a factory-look install. Both of those changes meant the cutouts from last week would be too small. As long as I was re-doing the foam, I made a face. We'll see if it survives in actual foam...
(Don't pay attention to the different colored fan brackets and low-res of the gray fan bracket, these are just random ones I had on hand to check the fit of the receptacle before I sent it to the foam guy. The final fan brackets are red PETG.)
[quoted image]
And here's what the instructions look like:
[quoted image]

Looks great! Do any other games need this? Munsters?

How do I get on the list for this?

#5041 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Looks great! Do any other games need this? Munsters?
How do I get on the list for this?

Pretty sure they all need it to varying degrees, but I need to gather more data to say which need it most critically. Stranger Things and TMNT definitely benefit. Iron Maiden and Star Wars are up for testing soon. I have a new probe system that can collect temps from up to 4 coils at the same time so I can do any spike machine now, where with the Thomas Traceable gauge, I was limited to two coils at a time, with no real-time collection (I had to write the temps down at intervals). My plan is to eventually temp graph ALL Stern Spike2 machine coils, then Spooky, then JJP, then work my way back. Whatever the uncooled coil temps are, one thing that's clear from the beta tests is with the cooling system, the coils stay below the threshold of even the slightest bit of fade for as long as you want to play. Consistent first-flip performance through entire games, one after another. This process has sensitized me acutely to the very beginnings of fade that I can verify by glancing over to a gauge and made me a very picky flipper bitch that won't tolerate even the mildest forms of fade (that usually manifest as barely missed or bricked shots you usually make consistently, but suddenly start missing later in games) now. I can turn you in to one, too!

I'll probably put up orders once I have the foam pricing back. It's the last component I'm waiting for a price on, and when I have that I can set a price for the kit. That way I can get an order queue and get an idea of what I'm looking at. It's a little crazy, because I already have people PMing me to be put down for 2, 3, 5 kits each right off the bat because they want to do all their Spike2 machines. The bottleneck will be the brackets, but I've been printing them for a while to build up a stockpile that hopefully will survive the first rush.

I've been updating this thread and the TMNT one as the project moves toward release, so just keep an eye out here and there for the announcement.

#5042 3 years ago

With the new code update on its way soon and the talk of a video mode , anyone got any ideas or wishes for the video mode?

I would love to see them implement some kinda old school game maybe a bit like Dig Dug played out on an a video cab like
In quarter hunt simple use of the flippers button to change directions and the redundant center button being used as a fire button maybe.
Be great to tie in with the arcade and 80’s vibe with the video mode .

#5043 3 years ago
Quoted from wizard1974:

anyone got any ideas or wishes for the video mode?

I’d like to see a nod to AFM’s video mode with a stranger things flare on it and you have to use the center button to shoot.

#5044 3 years ago

New code is out. Light the Fire is live.

#5045 3 years ago

LE/PRE V0.98.0 - August 12, 2020
=====================

- Added new text to the Light the Fire total display effect.
- Added a new background video to the Light the Fire Completed display effect.
- Changed the debounce logic for the center lane opto switch to be more sensitive.
- Now, during Send it Back Multiball, the Super Jackpot value grows by a
"non-multiplied" score award value.
- Now, during Total Isolation Multiball and Total Isolation 2 Multiball, the
Super Jackpot value grows by a "non-multiplied" score award value.
- Fixed a problem in Light the Fire Multiball where Pop/Spinner awards were
building the Super Jackpot with "multiplied" score award values.
- Now, during Light the Fire Multiball, the Super Jackpot value grows by a
"non-multiplied" score award value.
- Tweaked speech timings to be in sync with videos that occur during Light the
Fire Multiball Double Jackpot awards.
- Added an echo/reverb FX to the speech that occurs during Light the Fire Multiball
Jackpot events to help the speech sound like it is coming from a tunnel.
- Changed the volume of SFX when speech is played during Light the Fire Multiball.
- Added new Jackpot SFX to Light the Fire Multiball.
- Added logic to Light the Fire Multiball so only 1 Jackpot or Double Jackpot
SFX plays at a time.
- Added logic to Light the Fire Multiball to allow a Jackpot SFX to play while
a Double Jackpot SFX is playing.
- Added logic to Light the Fire Multiball to allow a Jackpot lightshow to play
while a Double Jackpot lightshow is playing.
- Added a new Light the Fire Multiball Super Jackpot SFX.
- Added logic to hold the ball at the left eject and left lane eject until the
conclusion of the Light the Fire Multiball Super Jackpot display effect.
- Tweaked the timing when speech occurs during the Light the Fire Multiball
Double Jackpot award sequence.
- Added speech and SFX to the Light the Fire Multiball Jackpot, Double Jackpot
awards.
- Fixed a problem where the Demodog target lamps were obfuscated by the Light
the Fire Multiball Double Jackpot award lightshows.
- Added new Light the Fire Multiball Jackpot, Double Jackpot, and Super Jackpot
video awards.
- Now the pop bumpers and spinner add to the Super Jackpot value during Light
the Fire Multiball.
- Fixed a problem where the Send it Back Completed LCD Display effect video
played slowly.
- Fixed a problem where the Send it Back Intro LCD display effect, upon ending,
didn't transition smoothly to the Send it Back background LCD display effect
- Now the Light the Fire Multiball Super Jackpot display effect will indicate
if the score award was multiplied by 2X.
- Improved the game logic timing that handles ball draining and feature completed
display effects that occur during Light the Fire Multiball.
- Fixed a problem where Mystery display effects were not fully flipper blown
off when the "Abort Animations" adjustment was set to "ALL".
- Added topper functionality.
- Added several topper attract mode lamp effects.
- Added a new video to play on the LCD background during the "It's a Trap"
total display effect.
- Shortened the video that plays on the LCD background during the "Junk Yard"
total display effect.
- Added a new video to Light the Fire Multiball mode total display effect.
- Changed the Center Lane Arrow Jackpot lightshow during Light the Fire to
highlight the Demodog targets.
- The lights from other rules that are not available during Light the Fire have
been turned off to visually help the player see what/where they should be shooting.
- Added logic to turn off the Center Lane Arrow after lighting all the Demodog
targets during Light the Fire Multiball.
- Now, during Light the Fire Multiball, the Super Jackpot can be collected at
the Left Lane for a 1X Super Jackpot, or, at the Left Eject for a 2X Super Jackpot.
- Changed the rules for Light the Fire Multiball. Now Light the Fire Multiball
is a 3 ball multiball with an extended ball saver. The Center Lane Arrow shot
is lit for a Jackpot(s). Make this shot to collect a Jackpot and light 1 of 7
Demodog targets for a Double Jackpot. Complete all the Jackpots/Double Jackpots
to light a Super Jackpot. Once the Super Jackpot shot is made the flippers
are turned off, balls drain and 1 ball is kicked back into play.
- Changed the Light the Fire ball save timer adjustment values. Default setting
time = 40 seconds, min = 5 seconds, max = 100 seconds.
- Removed reserved lamps from the Light the Fire Jackpot/Double Jackpot award
lightshows.
- Removed the individual switch scoring rule from Light the Fire.
- Now Send it Back Multiball Jackpot score award values start at 4 Million.

#5046 3 years ago

TOPPER!!!!!

#5047 3 years ago

Can't wait to play light the fire. I hope they have a best time high score list for this and Send it Back.

#5048 3 years ago

Uggghh
That update is all about Light The Fire

Come on Stern!
Add the fricken lockdown bar button for SOMETHING!

Video mode? Hello!

It's cool that they at least added some topper code, but who knows when the actual topper will come out? Any bets? I bet mid to late 2021.

#5049 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Uggghh
That update is all about Light The Fire
Come on Stern!
Add the fricken lockdown bar button for SOMETHING!
Video mode?

So deep into the game only been to Total Isolation 2 two or 3 times... send it back and light the fire fuck seems like it’s gunna take forever to get there!! Somebody at Stern please make the goddamn lockdown bar button do something make us do Morse code or some bullshit it’s been useless for over 6 or 7 months now and I’m actually pissed. Hit us with the video mode already. Like get it together geez

#5050 3 years ago

Brian told me at LAX there was no plan for the lock bar button and also didn’t definitively say there would be a video mode or dirty pool.

I’ve sent them ideas for both, but don’t count on it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
15,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Cruz, CA
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 445.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/101?hl=tuxedomask23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.