20240328_091907 (resized).jpg
20240328_091912 (resized).jpg
20240326_130903 (resized).jpg
20240327_085933 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_090153_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240326_234550 (resized).jpg
20240326_234700 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 445.
#4951 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Ah, that would make sense then as those 10 mil shots are not nearly as clean as the 15 mil ones. Didn't realize there was yet another opto for the bashing. This machine is full of them.
Stern has said they are sending me the demo exit opto as well as the two up post optos to replace on my machine. Hope that fixes the problems I've been having

Yeah it’s somewhere on the ledge that is right past the ramp and below the demo mouth.

#4952 3 years ago

Has anyone purchased and installed the Stern STRANGER THINGS SIDE ARMOR on their SThLE? Please post pics.

#4953 3 years ago

This arrived today

77A46D52-B29D-4614-9EB1-B6F4D60785B4 (resized).jpeg77A46D52-B29D-4614-9EB1-B6F4D60785B4 (resized).jpeg
#4954 3 years ago

Got some games in on a Premium for the first time this past weekend. First time seeing the projector in action and have to say it is pretty cool. The game was set up in a bright room so the images were a little washed out, but I imagine they look really good in a darker room.

Are projections for the stand ups coded in yet? Don't think I ever saw them get any.

That spinner is trippy. Good stuff.

#4955 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Are projections for the stand ups coded in yet?

Yep. Should see demo dogs walking across them on the right, and light lock scrolling across the ones on the left. Same for the ones behind the drops. They show demo dogs on them and when in the demo dog mode they look like the spinner does.

That game is probably really old code if it doesn’t have that. Sucks, cause you missed out on a lot of goodness if it was indeed still on early code.

#4956 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Should see demo dogs walking across them on the right, and light lock scrolling across the ones on the left. Same for the ones behind the drops. They show demo dogs on them and when in the demo dog mode they look like the spinner does.
That game is probably really old code if it doesn’t have that. Sucks, cause you missed out on a lot of goodness if it was indeed still on early code.

I might have just missed them, the location always keeps their game code updated. They did just get the game the prior day, so definitely possible though.

Anyway, it was a more impressive experience than I was expecting. I'll definitely be putting some more games on it soon.

#4957 3 years ago
Quoted from wizard1974:

This arrived today [quoted image]

“That’s Pretty Cool” enter initials.

How’d you get it?

#4958 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I might have just missed them, the location always keeps their game code updated. They did just get the game the prior day, so definitely possible though.
Anyway, it was a more impressive experience than I was expecting. I'll definitely be putting some more games on it soon.

Hopefully the magnet lock and demo shot work consistently. It really makes the game tons of fun when all the shots and feeds work well.

#4959 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hopefully the magnet lock and demo shot work consistently. It really makes the game tons of fun when all the shots and feeds work well.

Magnet, definitely no. Started MB many times but I was only able to get a couple balls to actually stay up. Most I got at once was 2. I imagine all 3 is possible?

I see there is a key post on fixing the magnet. I'll inform the owner.

Demo was similar to the pros I've played. Difficult but makable. Got through several demo modes but only put 2 in.

#4960 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I imagine all 3 is possible?

Yep and you can multiply the SJP in multiball buy up to 3x (before playfield X) by locking two more balls up there once the SJP is lit.

Yeah the demo should be makable once you find it like any other shot. With practice you should be able to make it at Will if it’s working well. Unfortunately lots of tweaks needed there too and they aren’t as full proof as the documented magnet lock tweaks.

#4961 3 years ago
Quoted from wizard1974:

This arrived today [quoted image]

Love that translite....Where did you get it?

#4962 3 years ago

That's the Retro Refurb season 2 translite. I just got mine this week. It was in the mail from Europe for 2 months. Be ready to wait if you order one.

#4963 3 years ago

Yep from Retrorefurbs over here in the UK
Dude I have the same issue here from
CoinTaker , been a month so far stupid virus of doom

Quoted from gambit3113:

That's the Retro Refurb season 2 translite. I just got mine this week. It was in the mail from Europe for 2 months. Be ready to wait if you order one.

#4964 3 years ago
Quoted from wizard1974:

Yep from Retrorefurbs over here in the UK
Dude I have the same issue here from
CoinTaker , been a month so far stupid virus of doom

Mine shipped out of Slovenia, of all places. He's in the UK, but I guess some of his products drop ship from elsewhere.

#4965 3 years ago

That translite is dope. Total upgrade over stock.

#4966 3 years ago

Have an opportunity to upgrade from a loaded pro to an LE...Is it worth it??

#4967 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Only you can answer that question, haha. I’m sure you’re getting a great price on the LE compared to NIB assuming you’re getting it used. Seen them around 8k or less already.

Imo, if I get an LE I have to LOVE the game unless the deal is too good to pass up.

#4968 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Of course we have no idea what price you're talking about. So we really don't know if it's a good deal. Only you can decide that. Do you love the game?
What I can tell you is that the upgraded features on a Premium/Le compared to a Pro is IMO hands-down worth the upgrade. The projector and ball lock are bad ass!

#4969 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Of course we have no idea what price you're talking about. So we really don't know if it's a good deal. Only you can decide that. Do you love the game?
What I can tell you is that the upgraded features on a Premium/Le compared to a Pro is IMO hands-down worth the upgrade. The projector and ball lock are bad ass!

It would be my loaded pro and 5k for a NIB LE. I would need to add the UV kit for the LE.

What do you think?? I love this game, it really is my fave Stern ever; but is it worth that??

#4970 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

but is it worth that??

Up for you to decide. Are you cool with your LE being worth 8k or less (most likely less) the moment you get it? It’s possible this goes up in value in the future but expect this to settle in the mid to high 7s as far as value down the road.

#4971 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

It would be my loaded pro and 5k for a NIB LE. I would need to add the UV kit for the LE.
What do you think?? I love this game, it really is my fave Stern ever; but is it worth that??

Just my opinions...
I wouldn't do that deal. You've probably got over 6k in your pro, right? That's 11k for a game that'll be worth 8k as soon as you open it.
Sell yours for 5ish and add 3 to buy a used LE or a NIB Premium.

#4972 3 years ago

That's not a good price. I do think that the LE/Prem features are worth paying for on this one, but not that much more.

#4973 3 years ago

Just my opinions...
I wouldn't do that deal. You've probably got over 6k in your pro, right? That's 11k for a game that'll be worth 8k as soon as you open it.

FOR SURE. NIB experience ain't worth $3k. Sell yours for $5400, add $2.7-3k, get a nice HUO LE and pocket $2k or more for your next pin.

I'd also take any mods on your Pro that would work on the LE off. They're not going to change the value of the Pro that much and will still be useful to you on the LE since you like them.

#4974 3 years ago

Just my opinions...

Quoted from PinMonk:

FOR SURE. NIB experience ain't worth $3k. Sell yours for $5400, add $2.7-3k, get a nice HUO LE and pocket $2k or more for your next pin.
I'd also take any mods on your Pro that would work on the LE off. They're not going to change the value of the Pro that much and will still be useful to you on the LE since you like them.

What these guys said.

#4975 3 years ago

Got the mockup done for the foam block that holds the coil cooling fan kit in the box. Should be cutting foam this time next week. Wiring harnesses are being made now.

packaging_mockup_sml2 (resized).jpgpackaging_mockup_sml2 (resized).jpg
#4976 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

A friend of mine was just offered a NIB LE for 8k even, he’s a good customer but I’d chase that deal I were you.
BETSON
2701 West Carson Street
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15204
United States
412-331-8703

#4977 3 years ago

Had a helper today! He is so proud of himself. He hasn’t stopped playing since his install. I work 3pm till 1am so this was a must have, because when I get home and wanna play everyone is asleep!

5853E141-6BAE-4179-AD96-DED3FAF24D6A (resized).jpeg5853E141-6BAE-4179-AD96-DED3FAF24D6A (resized).jpeg5A05F709-168E-4C43-B049-62236FCFF9A0 (resized).jpeg5A05F709-168E-4C43-B049-62236FCFF9A0 (resized).jpeg
#4978 3 years ago

TK ramp and diverted working, but started not releasing the balls. They just hang there. Even after game ends, still hanging. Any thoughts?

#4979 3 years ago
Quoted from Powerhouse47:

TK ramp and diverted working, but started not releasing the balls. They just hang there. Even after game ends, still hanging. Any thoughts?

“Device Alert” Device Malfunction Telekinesis Lockup

#4980 3 years ago

“Device Alert” Device Malfunction Telekinesis Lockup

There are optos to the right of where the balls stick. Reseat the connector there and see if that helps.

#4981 3 years ago

The Cleland sound mod is a MUST on this game. Love it. The beginning reminds me of TNA......what do you guys recommend the sound and speech attenuation be set to? I have a polk 10 powered sub on mine.

#4982 3 years ago

I posted this over on the Cleland STh mod thread. Keep in mind this is personal taste.

..I recommend -15 on music and +5 on speech.
This confuses people because negative means louder audio. Think of attenuation as being muted. Do you want it less muted or more muted?
Keep in mind that by setting music to -15 the volume is going to increase so you probably won't have your game's overall volume set as high as before. I rarely set my overall volume above 25. That's plenty loud enough IMO.

#4983 3 years ago

This is close to how I have it. I found that -15 music and -5 speech was perfect for me. With the sub it was hard to hear the callouts at 0 or +5 when up loud (volume at 18-20)

#4984 3 years ago

Does the pinball life lotr coil help the lock shot?i am placing an order and have it in my cart?

#4985 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Does the pinball life lotr coil help the lock shot?i am placing an order and have it in my cart?

I would get Virelands fans instead. Those should be all you need.

LOTR coil helps for sure but still suffers fade under long periods of play.

#4986 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would get Virelands fans instead. Those should be all you need.
LOTR coil helps for sure but still suffers fade under long periods of play.

Thanks,

#4987 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

That's not a good price. I do think that the LE/Prem features are worth paying for on this one, but not that much more.

I'm not trying to be a wise ass, but I think that this is the one Stern where they should be paying YOU for the LE/Prem features. With the LE/Prem, you get a half-baked lock mechanism rather than one that actually works, albeit boringly, on the pro. And you get the Demogorgon hiding behind a drive-in theater playing Stranger Things clips (makes no sense) rather than the Hawkins Lab. The LE/Prem has the shaking Demo, which is cool, but I really don't think the LE/Prem features enhance this game, but rather detract from it.

#4988 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

And you get the Demogorgon hiding behind a drive-in theater playing Stranger Things clips (makes no sense) rather than the Hawkins Lab.

It’s the Hawkins lab on the prem too. The demo busts out of it just like the pro. It’s just not ALWAYS the hawkins lab like the pro.

When I go from the Le to the pro, it’s crazy how different the experience is.

But everyone that has more time on the pro will most undoubtedly prefer it. And vice versa.

#4989 3 years ago

I want to see some toppers. Is anyone selling the Christmas light topper or is it in made?

#4990 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I want to see some toppers. Is anyone selling the Christmas light topper or is it in made?

This one is on Cointakers website:

https://cointaker.com/products/stranger-things-pinball-topper

They have another one as well. Stern hasn’t shown off an official one yet.

#4991 3 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

This one is on Cointakers website:
https://cointaker.com/products/stranger-things-pinball-topper
They have another one as well. Stern hasn’t shown off an official one yet.

Do we think the topper and Final Showdown will be related/releases at the same time? Maybe integrated with action button?

#4992 3 years ago

I doubt it. But I do bet this next code update is a big one. They are taking longer than normal between updates so I bet this next one has a lot in it. Can't wait!

#4993 3 years ago

chuckwurt - sounds like you know something... Spill the beans!!

#4994 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

chuckwurt - sounds like you know something... Spill the beans!!

All I know is light the fire will be in the next update. Not sure on anything else.

#4995 3 years ago

.97 was out on 7/16
They're overdue for .98!
Hopefully this week

#4996 3 years ago

Yeah they’ve been pumping them out every two weeks like clockwork pretty much. That’s the only reason why I think this next update will have more meat to it than the past few.

#4997 3 years ago

Video mode!
Video mode!
Maybe if I keep saying it it will happen

#4998 3 years ago

Video mode!
Video mode!
Maybe if I keep saying it it will happen

So I’m new to Pinball. What is video mode?

#4999 3 years ago

So I’m new to Pinball. What is video mode?

just a little side mission in the game where you play a video game style mode on the LCD/DMD screen.

#5000 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

just a little side mission in the game where you play a video game style mode on the LCD/DMD screen.

Any tips/how-tos on installing the LotR coil? Just got it in. I’m also going to get the vireland mod. But want to install the LotR as well

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
15,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Cruz, CA
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mount Washington, KY
Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 445.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/100?hl=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.