IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 448.
#451 4 years ago

I noticed in the latest code update that there is now a flipper adjustment for strength. When I played the pro at league this week I noticed the game being way to fast. When I hit the ramps they would zip through them too fast in my opinion. The demo shot was also not makeable due to the speed the ball was going off the ramp and smacking him in the face. I wonder if the flipper adjustment will be the fix for this game as far as the demo shot being makeable. I wonder if those games that are makeable had different flipper strengths coming out of factory and that's why some individuals were not having any issues. We should be getting the premium on location next month. Looking forward to it!

#452 4 years ago

I’ve mentioned this in the other thread, but how cool would it have been to project the Star court mall, knock it down and battle the Mind Flayer. Definitely wish they would have included season 3, but this is coming into my small collection.

#453 4 years ago

Who wants to communicate with Will?

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fstranger-things-pinball-joyces-communication-wall.

This can be placed over any playfield screw or even raised up with a spacer is visibility is an issue. My wife is 5’6 and she saw it in full from playing position. I may switch my dig dug mod with the Xmas lights, but it adds a nice touch to a darkly lit game.

#454 4 years ago

That should have been on the game to begin with. Well done.

#455 4 years ago

Now that's a great mod. Location wise though not sure I'll see it enough behind the wall.....

#456 4 years ago

Removed the plastic 11 in the back and adjusted the led light board to shine from left to right on the back board and it looks much better.

#457 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Now that's a great mod. Location wise though not sure I'll see it enough behind the wall.....

Thank you, I was concerned about that too, but it’s fully visible from the players perspective. My wife is 5’6 and she can see it in full. Now, maybe a child might have an issue, but It can also be mounted just about anywhere, it mounts over a playfield screw, and there are a lot of them.

#458 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Removed the plastic 11 in the back and adjusted the led light board to shine from left to right on the back board and it looks much better.

how did you adjust the board? I'm down with removing the plastic - enough with the nose bleeds we get it stern.

#459 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

how did you adjust the board? I'm down with removing the plastic - enough with the nose bleeds we get it stern.

Remove the 2 p2 screws from 11’s plastic then remove the small light board screw I believe it is a 1/4 hex head .

The wire to the light board has some play so you can turn the board to the side. Then screwed the 11 plastic back in and it held in place . Easy good effect and free.

#460 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thank you, I was concerned about that too, but it’s fully visible from the players perspective. My wife is 5’6 and she can see it in full. Now, maybe a child might have an issue, but It can also be mounted just about anywhere, it mounts over a playfield screw, and there are a lot of them.

Thats a nice mod. They all need to be interactive though please - on off in certain modes.?

#461 4 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I noticed in the latest code update that there is now a flipper adjustment for strength. When I played the pro at league this week I noticed the game being way to fast. When I hit the ramps they would zip through them too fast in my opinion.

I mentioned earlier that I was having an issue where the ball would hop over the opto on the right ramp because it was going by it way too fast. I haven't tried adjusting the flipper power yet, but I might crank it down and see if that helps. No issues with the Demogorgan though.

#462 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Thats a nice mod. They all need to be interactive though please - on off in certain modes.?

Why would the Xmas lights need to be interactive? Interactive how? This is a Spike system game where power is an issue and we have node boards to deal with. If this were a Sam or bw game, it would be simple.

#463 4 years ago

because I dont think it will look good running all the time like all the mods

#464 4 years ago

Premium/LE stream Monday most likely. Heard on the floor at INDISC from a fairly reliable source. Let's hope!

#465 4 years ago

Did some left to right adjustments and then posted this. Never seen a game so sensitive - shots don't work if it's not perfect.

Went through all the demo stages. Majority of them are MB.
20200111_115537 (resized).jpg20200111_115537 (resized).jpg

#466 4 years ago

Damn. No one has gotten to to third one on ours yet. We really need to fix the demo shot. Not sure what to do. The flipper power adjustments didn’t help either. Probably going to have to take shit apart and figure a way to have the demo sit higher. That’s gonna be a pain.

#467 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Did some left to right adjustments and then posted this. Never seen a game so sensitive - shots don't work if it's not perfect.
Went through all the demo stages. Majority of them are MB.
[quoted image]

Nice score!!

I totally agree. If it’s off left to right by just a hair I can’t consistently hit the ramps, but when it’s dialed in perfectly, pure bliss

#468 4 years ago

Two issues came up today. Ramp only went down about 3/4" of the way one time...didn't do it a second time.

One of the coindoor control buttons is dead. I'll have to take it apart, but this would be the first failed part I've had in quite a while. Guessing bad solder joint or loose wire.

#469 4 years ago

Has anyone used this volume controller for their machines? I’m thinking of ordering one for my stranger things pro. Any reviews on it ? I was thinking of getting the volume controller that goes in the tournament button area on my sth pin, but I kind of want to keep that for the usb mod to update my machine.

0D38652E-8710-4BCA-9ABE-6A651B037C93 (resized).jpeg0D38652E-8710-4BCA-9ABE-6A651B037C93 (resized).jpeg
#470 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Damn. No one has gotten to to third one on ours yet. We really need to fix the demo shot. Not sure what to do. The flipper power adjustments didn’t help either. Probably going to have to take shit apart and figure a way to have the demo sit higher. That’s gonna be a pain.

Did you try it again today? Setting it to 230 was definitely low. He just didn't have time to dial it in before the tournament. If 255 is high and 230 is low I would figure there is some sweet spot in there.

#471 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Did you try it again today? Setting it to 230 was definitely low. He just didn't have time to dial it in before the tournament. If 255 is high and 230 is low I would figure there is some sweet spot in there.

He said he tried everything in between. No dice.

This was as of 1:40 am last night after the tournament.

#472 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

He said he tried everything in between. No dice.
This was as of 1:40 am last night after the tournament.

That's really odd. Very counter intuitive. Do you think maybe this specific toy is maybe too soft/flexible or too stiff compared to the other ones that are working or some other deviation of the plastic itself? I got one shot in yesterday, but I was flailing so not really representative but at least I would guess the hole is not too small.

#473 4 years ago

It’s a very consistent miss from a trap. The ball hits the toy too high. Every single time. So the toy just needs to sit a tad higher and it will be perfect. Just not sure the best way to do it.

Hopefully my game doesn’t have this issue, but if it does I’ll certainly figure it out so we can fix the bar one too.

#474 4 years ago

I played a pro today for about 2 hours. No issues. A great flow game. I love it!! Cool. The new code was installed. Can’t wait to see the premium!!! Go play one if you can!!!!

#475 4 years ago

Comet purple trough led and frankmac light change ftw

This game sometimes reminds me of iron Man it is so fast and brutal

20200111_162918 (resized).jpg20200111_162918 (resized).jpg
#476 4 years ago

There is a bug in this code still

20200111_164634 (resized).jpg20200111_164634 (resized).jpg
#477 4 years ago

Someone should stream. I can't make it to the arcade today and want to see that new code in action!

#478 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Has anyone used this volume controller for their machines? I’m thinking of ordering one for my stranger things pro. Any reviews on it ? I was thinking of getting the volume controller that goes in the tournament button area on my sth pin, but I kind of want to keep that for the usb mod to update my machine.[quoted image]

A volume control on the front of the game makes sense to me, but the USB port on the outside of the cab...not so much. Why not pay $7 and just leave the usb extension in the cabinet near the cash box or run it to the back of the coindoor?

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Extension-Cable-Male-Female/dp/B00NH12O5I/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

#479 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

A volume control on the front of the game makes sense to me, but the USB port on the outside of the cab...not so much. Why not pay $7 and just leave the usb extension in the cabinet near the cash box or run it to the back of the coindoor?
amazon.com link »

Hmmm..... I hadn’t thought of that! That’s not a bad idea. I might just have to do that. Thanks!

#480 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Comet purple trough led and frankmac light change ftw
This game sometimes reminds me of iron Man it is so fast and brutal[quoted image]

Looks great. Are they added comet spotlights? Or are they stock? Something has got me thinking UV in some spotlights would look cool on this title.

#481 4 years ago

added spots...not stock.

#482 4 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

kharris I'm in Fredericksburg and we got one for a location we are opening late Spring. Feel free to msg me. If you're willing to drive up I'm happy to let you play it.

BIG SHOUT-OUT!! to timmmmyboy for letting myself and a friend come and play stranger things for six hours lol. This is what our hobby is about, meeting new people, having and having a great time playing the game we love.
Can’t wait to do it again. And timmmmyboy if your ever planning a trip to NC let me know and you can flip my machines.

#483 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

BIG SHOUT-OUT!! to timmmmyboy for letting myself and a friend come and play stranger things for six hours lol. This is what our hobby is about, meeting new people, having and having a great time playing the game we love.
Can’t wait to do it again. And timmmmyboy if your ever planning a trip to NC let me know and you can flip my machines.

Now that’s awesome to hear. I have friends over more now that my game room is mostly finished. Hope to ad another game this Spring.

#484 4 years ago

I found a video of the premium here

#485 4 years ago

Thanks for posting. That camera man needs to be fired, though!

#486 4 years ago

2 more days till my machine gets here! Getting delivered on Tuesday. So far I have my shaker motor from pinball life and a set of pingulp cup holders waiting to be installed into my machine ! So excited. Can’t wait to start flippin’!!!

#487 4 years ago

Don’t forget to post up lots of pics!!

#488 4 years ago

I've finally got some time on my Pro and I am loving the game. I got the setup in the sweetspot for me.
Perfectly level left to right, pitch at 7.1 degrees and flipper power dialed down to 170 (Stock is 255).
I'm able to hit everything just fine and the center drops are not nearly as dangerous as when flipper power is full strength.
Demogorgan shot is 1-3 attempts max on either flipper for me. Game flows like butter, I'm really liking it.

#489 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I've finally got some time on my Pro and I am loving the game. I got the setup in the sweetspot for me.
Perfectly level left to right, pitch at 7.1 degrees and flipper power dialed down to 170 (Stock is 255).
I'm able to hit everything just fine and the center drops are not nearly as dangerous as when flipper power is full strength.
Demogorgan shot is 1-3 attempts max on either flipper for me. Game flows like butter, I'm really liking it.

I'll try lowering power too

EDIT - not good. Needs the juice especially for the demo

#490 4 years ago

Was at a local pub last night and witnessed the flipper coil stop issue first hand on a pretty new jp. Two of the three flippers were already busted. I've heard about a few new st's here in the area have had the issue as well. Just to be safe I'm buying some backups from pinball life now to have them on hand. My Munsters hasn't had any issues but the coil stops on it don't look anything like what I saw on jp last night but getting 4 just to be safe.

#491 4 years ago

Man how many of these crappy stops did they buy? Haha. Hopefully they run out soon.

#492 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

2 more days till my machine gets here! Getting delivered on Tuesday. So far I have my shaker motor from pinball life and a set of pingulp cup holders waiting to be installed into my machine ! So excited. Can’t wait to start flippin’!!!

i know this is your first nib, be sure to wipe your balls!

#493 4 years ago

PURE FUN! Singing LIVE To WIN!

This is what pinball media is all about. Bridging the gap between the manufacturer and consumer, all in the name of the silver ball!

Viewers called-in LIVE to sing their way to win a Stranger Things Pinball banner. Special thanks to Ken Cromwell, Brian Eddy, and Stern Pinball.

Flip N Out Pinball Streaming Channel

It’s Not Just A Stream. It’s A Show.

twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball

#494 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

i know this is your first nib, be sure to wipe your balls!

Haha!! Funny! I ordered the ninja balls from the ball baron. They’re so shiny. They’re on the way.

#495 4 years ago

Oh yeah. And I ordered my deluxe speaker lighting kit too. Got all kinds of goodies on the way!!

#496 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Haha!! Funny! I ordered the ninja balls from the ball baron. They’re so shiny. They’re on the way.

Just don’t use them with games that have magnets. They tend to magnetize pretty quickly.

#497 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

It was an absolute blast! Glad you made the trip and I'll absolutely shoot you a message the next time I'm headed that way.

#498 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Just don’t use them with games that have magnets. They tend to magnetize pretty quickly.

I don’t think STH pro uses the magnets. So I think I’m safe , right ?

#499 4 years ago

Pro has no magnets... can use bling balls to your hearts content

#500 4 years ago

Le ordered. Will be my first machine in 21 years. Shack attack was my jam back in the day

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.