BBAFA2A8-D339-4F9C-8874-20D81E2FF74B (resized).jpeg
F526F268-B580-4D92-903B-09D52C56BFEA (resized).jpeg
theme_bg_music (resized).png
rock_bg_music (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
91EBC2BA-BB46-49A8-AA3E-4C7CD50FAA6F (resized).jpeg
7F87BF3E-8504-4640-934F-74D3961CD11E (resized).png
ST (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pomc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#361 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Same here. I am so not a fan of random movie/show quotes that have nothing to do with what's going on in the game.

That's the biggest minus of the Jurassic Park movie code. All those Jeff Goldblum, long assed quotes, that have nothing to do with gameplay and what's happening in the game. Also, those quotes from the movie are really bad quality....so it's more like Jeff Goldblum's muddled monologues being played in a fantastic game. Replacing game dialogue just because it can be done, is not always a good idea.

#370 2 years ago

Can also use an 8gb card and the class does not matter at all.

#376 2 years ago

I'll be moving on from Stranger Things soon and will post the attract mode code I made. Just need to create a premium/LE version and be done with it.

1 year later
#578 1 year ago

The fact is, the code's constraints do not allow this to be a "jukebox" pin, or a soundtrack playing the greatest hits of each season.

Some games do. This does not.

#580 1 year ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

If the choice is between Croce & Metallica, I'm sticking with Croce, however, isn't there a way to have both songs in so they can play in random? Sometimes you score high & hear Croce, sometimes you score high & hear Metallica? I think that would be cool. I've done a Pinsound package, put two songs in and enjoy hearing them randomly!

Not possible. There is one slot for that with a fixed amount of time to use.

1 week later
#603 1 year ago

Certainly happy to update the latest code with the attract mode videos. Tell me an iconic season 4 scene you'd like to see displayed when the game shows attract mode videos. I've never watched the show except for modding the game when I owned it a bit.

#609 1 year ago

Making progress on this today.

#611 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

Wow am I reading this correctly? I never knew the video clips could also get replaced. This project just got really exciting. So theoretically the theme of the whole machine could be changed to include all the seasons?

I don't think you're reading it 100% correctly. In an earlier version, back when I owned the game for a bit, I replaced the Stern tutorial attract mode videos with my own. Makes the game look interesting when turned on and not being played. Yes, all the seasons can be represented in the attract mode videos for sure. But actual gameplay videos are not being replaced.

#614 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Never say never. You just need the right people in order to hack the game further. It's amazing what some people can do with technology like this so who knows what may be introduced in time.

Oh sure, if someone wanted to re-do an existing mode and make a season 4 mode(s), that is totally do-able. Would need to make custom clips, video and audio. Playfield insert text would no longer match the modes but really not a big deal.

#618 1 year ago

I edited three different clips from season 4 and replaced three of my prior attract mode clips.

Here's a preview:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/4cWXigTtkbVFPYMH6

Replaced Eleven stealing boxes of Eggo Waffles.
Replaced a Demogorgon scene of Billy(?) in front of it at the mall. Another scene of the kids attacking it is better and so I felt this was repetitive.
Replaced the scene of toys leaving the bedroom by themselves

New videos added from Season 4:

Sword fight with a Demo monster
Floating zombie girl
Falling guy being hit by lightning as he transforms

I tried making the clips longer, but at a certain length they crash the code and I have to start over from a backup. Tedious process because I need to make a change, close it and open again to confirm it's not corrupted. Then make a backup of that 8gb file, then make the next change and repeat.

Finally I got all three videos edited down and imported without corrupting the image file. I still see a tweak I need to make though. The floating girl and falling guy videos play back to back and I need to add blank space as a buffer between them so it doesn't look like one continous video. Or move one video to another slot.

I'll be sending Cleland this tonight for him to test. It's the Premium/LE and start working on the Pro version. That will be easy and quick with all the work done.

#619 1 year ago

Hah, now I now why I have a video file name "Blank" in with my file edits I saved from the project. It's so I have a few seconds of black screen I can add in a clip where needed.

#621 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Thank you and happy to be a beta tester again! Do the images on the projector change too in attract mode? Or are those original?

What gets shown by the projector?

These changes only affect the LCD videos.

#624 1 year ago

I was able to finish and test the pro version. Kind of funny playing Stranger Things code on an Aerosmith. But does the job for testing it actually boots up and then to see how the videos appear on the LCD screen.

Zipping the files, uploading to my Google Drive and then Cleland can download and test and do whatever else he needs to do.

#628 1 year ago

When I owned the game, I was always partial to my audio remix where Olivia Newton-John’s, Twist of Fate, played when the game ended. Left me feeling upbeat instead of depressed lol

#631 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

Is it possible to add the stock game instructions into the new intro video? I find it a nice feature for people not familiar with the rules.

It's possible, but not from me. Someone would need to extract the tutorial videos and edit them into a custom attract video.....and then likely the image would get corrupted because the video is too long/large now.

If you have people over that need to learn the game, just insert the stock SD card instead of the custom one and they can see all the tutorials.

#641 1 year ago

Will have the changes done Monday at the latest. Appreciate your patience, but it will be worth it.

#642 1 year ago

Finished the changes, booted up both Pre/LE & Pro SD cards on my Aerosmith to test. Files are zipping now and then I'll upload to my Google Drive and share with Cleland for his testing.

#646 1 year ago

LOL! F'ing figures.

Lucky I was dragging my feet on an Aerosmith update since that's also one of the many games updated yesterday.

#648 1 year ago

Since I have all my files still unpacked and fresh in my mind, I'll update the latest image with the attract mode videos. I'll send to Cleland so if/when he updates this version, he can work off of my template loaded with the videos.

#651 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Let me know if Pinball Browser opens the new version up. I can't try until tomorrow.

It does not work yet with any I've tried. Sounds tab is missing and when closing and opening the image back up, Unknown Firmware error.

1 week later
#686 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

I've been working with PoMC to polish up the attract mode videos. We will be ready to share soon! I have 24 PM's, so please be patient and I will get to each and every one of you. Thanks!

Yup, just sent another set of files for testing. Should be ready shortly.

1 week later
#704 1 year ago
Quoted from loneranger:

IC is disabled if it detects modified code, this started with version 1.06.

Source?

#709 1 year ago

Pinball Browser can also be used to easily write the SD card image file.

http://download.pinballbrowser.com/

After installing Pinball Browser, open the SmartDMD tab and Browse to the image file and then choose your SD card drive letter and "Write to SD".

There is only one file to use and it contains all the audio and video replacements.

#716 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Can an SD card be erased and re-used for flashing?

Yes, writing an image will format and overwrite the card.

#718 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Thanks again for all your work on this mod.
I wanted to ask - is this the newest version of the code with home team?

No, the new Stern code updates with Home Team cannot yet be opened and edited with Pinball Browser.

3 months later
#767 1 year ago

I still have the 1.05 files that I did my work on that I can share with anyone need them.

2 weeks later
#772 1 year ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Looks like it is still registered. Can you scan in when you play a game. That would confirm it. Same thing happened to me and I had to ask the seller to delete it from his account.

Even if the game was still registered to the prior owner, you can delete that registration. You will need the latest code to do that since the option was not available in earlier codes. If you have the latest code on another SD card, boot up with that card and then go to the Insider Connection settings and there will be an option to clear a current registration.

1 month later
#785 1 year ago

@cleland, on several other games running the latest Stern code, I've found numerous sound clips that are just static. Just this morning was checking out adding my attract mode scenes to the latest Jurassic Park code. There were many audio clips under 6 second long that only play static. I was searching for a certain clip to change. Decided to first burn the image to a card and play test and listen for static clips.

This happens with Led Zeppelin also. I'll be checking Munsters later today too.

It's because Pinball Browser does not know what codec those clips are using.

I'm assuming it's the same with Stranger Things too? I guess I can load it later and check it out.

I think that's why I couldn't find that specific clip, must've been one of the static ones.

6 months later
#841 8 months ago

Walmart brand Onn SD cards work perfectly. No need to wait for an Amazon delivery if you have a Walmart nearby.

#844 8 months ago
Quoted from Duster72:

Pro or Prem/LE?

All models.

#845 8 months ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Some posts say to use 16gb cards. Is it fine to use larger ones like the 32gb?

Yes. It's hard to find 16GB cards anyway. I use 32GB Onn cards and several other brands without issue on all my custom codes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pomc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-cleland-sound-mod?tu=pomc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.