BBAFA2A8-D339-4F9C-8874-20D81E2FF74B (resized).jpeg
F526F268-B580-4D92-903B-09D52C56BFEA (resized).jpeg
theme_bg_music (resized).png
rock_bg_music (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
91EBC2BA-BB46-49A8-AA3E-4C7CD50FAA6F (resized).jpeg
7F87BF3E-8504-4640-934F-74D3961CD11E (resized).png
ST (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrMikeman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#329 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Is there a tutorial some where so we can do our own modifications and tweaks?
I love this mix but would like to put my own touches into it. I am very familiar with pinsound programming. I understand its through pinball browser but is it fairly straight forward to edit the game files? I am ok with all the music side of things. Or do I need to be an IT guru to navigate the software?
Any help appreciated.

Definitely not simple like pinsound which I also have on some games.

For Spike/Stern (pinbrowser) the same songs/sounds are sometimes stored in multiple places. You can only replace with something EXACTLY the same length and same quality/compression. I will let someone with tons of experience chime in on how to do it. I've only messed with it a little.

4 weeks later
#359 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I am all about open source, and I like some of those changes. For the most part, I do like to leave instructional callouts alone though...unless the sound byte really conveys the intent. This was very challenging with The Walking Dead.
I've been slammed with work projects, so my all 80's alternate version is stalling. But, I will get something together soon. It's kinda sad though, I have not even had time to play my game for the last 3-4 weeks at all

Same here. I am so not a fan of random movie/show quotes that have nothing to do with what's going on in the game.

#363 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

That's the biggest minus of the Jurassic Park movie code. All those Jeff Goldblum, long assed quotes, that have nothing to do with gameplay and what's happening in the game. Also, those quotes from the movie are really bad quality....so it's more like Jeff Goldblum's muddled monologues being played in a fantastic game. Replacing game dialogue just because it can be done, is not always a good idea.

Agreed. I swap between the movie code and official code once in a while because of that. Wish I could just have the music and not the irrelevant callouts. I'm good with computers and could do it I just don't care enough to spend hours on PB Browser. I'd rather play pinball.

One thing I haven't tried is official code on Stranger Things. I just popped in the Cleland code right from the get-go. I may try it out just to see the differences.

#374 2 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I’ve only recently added STt to my stable and have yet to hear all of the callouts. Is there a “friends don’t lie” callout?

There's a whole mode about it. Morse Code.

1 year later
#733 1 year ago
Quoted from Carls83:

Hey all I bought a LE last month and had no idea until I read this forum that mine the Cleland code.. I presumed these were standard songs/videos and now I have no idea what the standard game is like lol. You are a legend Cleland this is great work. So, to make sure I'm understanding correctly, if I ever do a Stern update it will lose the Cleland code? How do I see what version of Cleland code I have currently? Sounds like I'm a few versions behind..I don't have never ending story or Kate Bush

When you turn the game on the code version will pop up on the screen during startup.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrMikeman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-cleland-sound-mod?tu=MrMikeman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.