BBAFA2A8-D339-4F9C-8874-20D81E2FF74B (resized).jpeg
F526F268-B580-4D92-903B-09D52C56BFEA (resized).jpeg
theme_bg_music (resized).png
rock_bg_music (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
91EBC2BA-BB46-49A8-AA3E-4C7CD50FAA6F (resized).jpeg
7F87BF3E-8504-4640-934F-74D3961CD11E (resized).png
ST (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaddyManD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#544 1 year ago

cleland any chance Master of Puppets could be added somehow? Maybe to a demogorgan or demodog battle or maybe 1 part of final battle?
Thanks for all that you do!

#550 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Haha, Eddie playing Master of Puppets was a pretty cool scene. I myself don't feel like I'd want it in my machine, but I could be persuaded to make a custom alternate version if there was enough interest. I don't think it's a good fit for Operation Mirkwood, but maybe one of the Demogorgan modes.

If you'd be so kind there's clearly interest and well give you so much love bro! How about final demodog or final demogorgan mode? Or demo MB as suggested. Would be happy to donate again for this one

#552 1 year ago

Cleland, I think it would even beat your placement of The Chain on Yaka Arrow 2 (my all time fave Cleland choice

#556 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

I like this remix, I'll look into this
For you Master of Puppets fans, I'm going to experiment with it after putting on my new Topper

Thank you Cleland! You are a gem in the pinball community and loved by all. It's fun when we trade machines and ask...does it have the Cleland code??

#559 1 year ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Master. Master!

Can't get it out of my head! And now my kids love Metallica so much (we were already) that they want gear and are looking up tour schedule!)

#560 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Excellent. If you can integrate this and it works I'm down with a donation! Great work thanks!

Agree this is worth more than any static toy mod!!! Full theme integration and immersion into the series! Very excited!

#586 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Some good conversations going on here, thanks!
While I don't want to offer up like 8 different versions which would just be nuts to keep track of.
I'm probably just going to make it 3 versions.
Purist Version (only seasons 1 and 2 which the game is based off) This is already done, and what most are running.
Kate Bush Version (which is my preference since that song is so epic and I love it)
All Out Version (which I will include: some new sound bytes from seasons 3 & 4, Metallica, and Never Ending Story....and maybe some other things that peak my interest
Stand by......

Dear god this is better than new pin day!!!! I am SOOOO excited! Cleland you deserve a TWIPY or something! And based on what you've done in the past, (especially with GOTG where people refused to update Node Board and get IC because they wanted to run your audio!) I know its gonna be epic and you'll make all the right choices

#588 1 year ago

Wife requesting Material Girl from season 3 shopping scene. Not sure if or where it would fit but putting forward for consideration! Maybe after Every breath ends in Snowball? No one will ever hear it lol

Wait maybe Bullshit?!?!?

1 week later
#598 1 year ago

Happily tested Cleland 1.05 v3!
Eddie approves!!

20220720_155936 (resized).jpg20220720_155936 (resized).jpg
#605 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

It's so crazy, because the clips you used were perfect on 1.02.
I would say if you could replace the toys all coming to life with one of these three clips from season 4.
We gotta have a glimpse at Vecna.
This video at: 10:41
or at 7:43 or 14:04

Also recommend Eddie playing Metallica on the roof!

#606 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

The camera may have been knocked out of focus when you picked up the playfield by the apron for example. Adjusting the focus is not to hard so give it a try and make sure to wait until it is warmed up for a few minutes and make sure it is still in focus after putting the cover on the focus wheel.

Quoted from cleland:

Yeah no videos were changed, sounds like yours just may have been out of focus, and then bumped again into focus. Or, it's like when you clean the game and put up a high score, or wash your car and it drives better
I think I'm calling Version 3 done for now. One thing I'd like to do is replace the tutorial videos with clips from all 4 seasons.
PoMC did an awesome job of that for 1.02 code, I'd like to implement those and add one or two from season 4.

Yeah I did a beta test and no issues with my projection quality. It takes the projector a few minutes to warm up and sharpen the image. Mine's always been like that including after I open and close coin door

#615 1 year ago

Wondering if for Prem/LE it's also possible to replace the static attract mode images on the projector? They aren't optimal and some cool Season 3/4 pics would be cool!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#616 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Making progress on this today.

Very grateful for all you guys are doing on this project! Making an incredible game even better! This is a keeper for me and my family so we value it even more than the pinside marketplace

#620 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I edited three different clips from season 4 and replaced three of my prior attract mode clips.
Here's a preview:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/4cWXigTtkbVFPYMH6
Replaced Eleven stealing boxes of Eggo Waffles.
Replaced a Demogorgon scene of Billy(?) in front of it at the mall. Another scene of the kids attacking it is better and so I felt this was repetitive.
Replaced the scene of toys leaving the bedroom by themselves
New videos added from Season 4:
Sword fight with a Demo monster
Floating zombie girl
Falling guy being hit by lightning as he transforms
I tried making the clips longer, but at a certain length they crash the code and I have to start over from a backup. Tedious process because I need to make a change, close it and open again to confirm it's not corrupted. Then make a backup of that 8gb file, then make the next change and repeat.
Finally I got all three videos edited down and imported without corrupting the image file. I still see a tweak I need to make though. The floating girl and falling guy videos play back to back and I need to add blank space as a buffer between them so it doesn't look like one continous video. Or move one video to another slot.
I'll be sending Cleland this tonight for him to test. It's the Premium/LE and start working on the Pro version. That will be easy and quick with all the work done.

Thank you and happy to be a beta tester again! Do the images on the projector change too in attract mode? Or are those original?

#626 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

What gets shown by the projector?
These changes only affect the LCD videos.

The projector shows some random images and move clips during attract mode. Always felt they weren't the best.

#632 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I edited three different clips from season 4 and replaced three of my prior attract mode clips.
Here's a preview:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/4cWXigTtkbVFPYMH6
Replaced Eleven stealing boxes of Eggo Waffles.
Replaced a Demogorgon scene of Billy(?) in front of it at the mall. Another scene of the kids attacking it is better and so I felt this was repetitive.
Replaced the scene of toys leaving the bedroom by themselves
New videos added from Season 4:
Sword fight with a Demo monster
Floating zombie girl
Falling guy being hit by lightning as he transforms
I tried making the clips longer, but at a certain length they crash the code and I have to start over from a backup. Tedious process because I need to make a change, close it and open again to confirm it's not corrupted. Then make a backup of that 8gb file, then make the next change and repeat.
Finally I got all three videos edited down and imported without corrupting the image file. I still see a tweak I need to make though. The floating girl and falling guy videos play back to back and I need to add blank space as a buffer between them so it doesn't look like one continous video. Or move one video to another slot.
I'll be sending Cleland this tonight for him to test. It's the Premium/LE and start working on the Pro version. That will be easy and quick with all the work done.

OK just watched this in full...amazing! Great choices and high quality! Can't wait!!! Thanks to you and cleland for making an amazing keeper game even better!

1 week later
#655 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

I figured so, and at this point I think I'm done with any changes to GOTG and Stranger Things. Insider Connected is not for me in the home environment, and code is done on both of those games for the home.

So will there be one final cleland update with PoMC attract videos using the code prior to todays update? Just want to clarify. Thanks!

#661 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Not sure I understand, why using quarter in your home game would have any impact on the value of the game ? If you want you can easily set it to Freeplay
I actually bought coin validator specifically for using metal coins to play, to give a more authentic feeling.

When you sell it, some people (certainly not all, not me!) will ask to see audits including number of paid plays. They may suspect the game was out on location somewhere getting beat up vs only being in your home. My kids liked doing quarters in the beginning but we don’t anymore (not because of this but because we own the pins

Enjoy pinball your way!

#662 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

If anyone is giving me a problem when I sell a game because I put coins through it I'd ask them to leave and cancel the sale. Not the type of person I'd want to deal with. Probably the same people who care about less than 500 plays. My stranger things has close to 5k games on it now. Play them and enjoy them. Just care for them properly and they will hold value.

Love it! When I sell I always promote clearly number of plays as a sign of how fun the game is. I had a guy back out on a deal once because his pin had fewer plays than mine! Lol

#677 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

I'm kinda just pissed at Stern in general (I'm still upset I Can't get a GOTG Topper for a game that's still in production).
If Pinball Browser gets an update to open the new 1.06 I could be persuaded to update my options.

Yeah that elusive GOTG topper. I recall when there were piles of them and they were considered expensive at less than $700 haha

3 weeks later
#712 1 year ago

cleland in the new update for Premium v3 we just got to Send it Back but there was no Master of Puppets. Everything else seemed updated with new Attract videos and music.

#714 1 year ago

Can an SD card be erased and re-used for flashing?

3 weeks later
#727 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Question from someone who’s never tried this before. If you burn this image to an SD card what about when the code is updated by Stern? Can you just do a normal update after that or do you have to re-do this process each time Stern does an update? Sorry for the stupid sounding question.

Not a stupid question! once you have this sound mod on an SD card you cannot perform the Stern updates on it. You would have to wait for cleland to then update his code, although sounds like he probably won’t update it again.

#728 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Not a stupid question! once you have this sound mod on an SD card you cannot perform the Stern updates on it. You would have to wait for cleland to then update his code, although sounds like he probably won’t update it again.

could also have a separate SD card that has latest Stern code on that and run Stern updates on it. But I am cautious to do that in case there are firm wear updates etc

10 months later
#854 8 months ago
Quoted from Rockbiter:

www.wizardmod.com, but after looking through 1300+ products, I couldn't find anything from Stranger Things. Perhaps I missed them?

I have a speaker panel from Wizardmod that I got way back when they first came out, but they haven’t sold them in quite sometime. Guessing a copyright issue but not sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaddyManD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-cleland-sound-mod?tu=DaddyManD and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.