BBAFA2A8-D339-4F9C-8874-20D81E2FF74B (resized).jpeg
F526F268-B580-4D92-903B-09D52C56BFEA (resized).jpeg
theme_bg_music (resized).png
rock_bg_music (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
91EBC2BA-BB46-49A8-AA3E-4C7CD50FAA6F (resized).jpeg
7F87BF3E-8504-4640-934F-74D3961CD11E (resized).png
ST (resized).png
There are 993 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 20.
#351 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I enjoyed the series more the 2nd time I watched it, since I knew everyone.

I might need to do this.

#352 2 years ago

Not to turn this into a Dark thread, but I have to share a resource. I have not watched the show yet, but I've heard about how complicated it is.

https://dark.netflix.io/en

This website is a spoiler free companion to the show. You select the season and episode and it gives you a breakdown of all the characters, some background, and their relations. Looks like a really genius concept. I wish more shows did stuff like this. I fully plan to use this as a guide when I start watching.

Just wanted to pass along.

#353 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

. I fully plan to use this as a guide when I start watching.
Just wanted to pass along.

I’m envious of you for having that treat ahead of you. I promised myself I’d wait 4 years before I watch it a 3rd time.

#354 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m envious of you for having that treat ahead of you. I promised myself I’d wait 4 years before I watch it a 3rd time.

I made the mistake of binge watching seasons 1-2, 2 years ago. I started season 3 recently. I am 2 episodes in and I can't remember much. Not sure I am ready to commit to re-watching. The reason is that I multitask when I watch shows (often on my laptop doing something....like I am doing right now). You cannot multitask during this show. (The Expanse is the other show I try not to multitask with)

Back to the topic at hand....my kids ask me all the time if Mr. Cleland's new 80s mix is ready. Not for the music, but because they want to play and get a high score before I get on it and have all of the high scores.

#355 2 years ago

I started making some changes to the instructional callouts tonight - these are the ones that always make a game feel repetitive to me. Plus, all of this stuff is either on the instruction card or indicated on the playfield. This is all building on Cleland’s already excellent image, so I hope it’s okay for me to post this here.

0x2C1 - Hopper: Left outlane ball save is lit
> Joyce: This thing has had Will long enough.

0x282 - Hopper: Complete the Demodog targets for a Demodog attack!
> Mike: maybe we can call you El, short for Eleven

0x4DA - Hopper: Hit the targets to light Demodog attack!
> Hopper: I call them the don’t be stupid rules, because we’re not stupid

0x42B Knock down the drop targets to battle the Demogorgon
> Hopper: You let me do the heavy lifting up front, you save your strength until below

0x47C - Hopper: complete the bottom lanes to light mystery > TBD

0x31C Hopper: Enter your initials > Eleven: Bitchin’

0x45E - Hopper: Ball Saved! > 0x43C - Dustin: Grrrrrrr

#356 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I started making some changes to the instructional callouts tonight - these are the ones that always make a game feel repetitive to me. Plus, all of this stuff is either on the instruction card or indicated on the playfield. This is all building on Cleland’s already excellent image, so I hope it’s okay for me to post this here.
0x2C1 - Hopper: Left outlane ball save is lit
> Joyce: This thing has had Will long enough.
0x282 - Hopper: Complete the Demodog targets for a Demodog attack!
> Mike: maybe we can call you El, short for Eleven
0x4DA - Hopper: Hit the targets to light Demodog attack!
> Hopper: I call them the don’t be stupid rules, because we’re not stupid
0x42B Knock down the drop targets to battle the Demogorgon
> Hopper: You let me do the heavy lifting up front, you save your strength until below
0x47C - Hopper: complete the bottom lanes to light mystery > TBD
0x31C Hopper: Enter your initials > Eleven: Bitchin’
0x45E - Hopper: Ball Saved! > 0x43C - Dustin: Grrrrrrr

I am all about open source, and I like some of those changes. For the most part, I do like to leave instructional callouts alone though...unless the sound byte really conveys the intent. This was very challenging with The Walking Dead.

I've been slammed with work projects, so my all 80's alternate version is stalling. But, I will get something together soon. It's kinda sad though, I have not even had time to play my game for the last 3-4 weeks at all

#358 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I am all about open source, and I like some of those changes. For the most part, I do like to leave instructional callouts alone though...unless the sound byte really conveys the intent.

Understood, I’m definitely making a one-off for my own game. I’m mainly thinking of the thousand times I heard “Drone targets light war machine multiball” when I owned Iron Man. Come to think of it though, hearing an alternate callout a thousand times might not be all that great either.

#359 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I am all about open source, and I like some of those changes. For the most part, I do like to leave instructional callouts alone though...unless the sound byte really conveys the intent. This was very challenging with The Walking Dead.
I've been slammed with work projects, so my all 80's alternate version is stalling. But, I will get something together soon. It's kinda sad though, I have not even had time to play my game for the last 3-4 weeks at all

Same here. I am so not a fan of random movie/show quotes that have nothing to do with what's going on in the game.

#360 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Same here. I am so not a fan of random movie/show quotes that have nothing to do with what's going on in the game.

We can also adjust the volume on specific callouts to zero. I might do that instead. I’m used to games having an adjustment for instructional speech, but that’s missing here.

#361 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

That's the biggest minus of the Jurassic Park movie code. All those Jeff Goldblum, long assed quotes, that have nothing to do with gameplay and what's happening in the game. Also, those quotes from the movie are really bad quality....so it's more like Jeff Goldblum's muddled monologues being played in a fantastic game. Replacing game dialogue just because it can be done, is not always a good idea.

#362 2 years ago

I like how the game has sets of call outs for when working towards modes. They are in order and there may be 4-5 different sequences that can occur. Would be cool to see what someone could do to customize one of those with a difference sequence of callouts from the show.

#363 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

That's the biggest minus of the Jurassic Park movie code. All those Jeff Goldblum, long assed quotes, that have nothing to do with gameplay and what's happening in the game. Also, those quotes from the movie are really bad quality....so it's more like Jeff Goldblum's muddled monologues being played in a fantastic game. Replacing game dialogue just because it can be done, is not always a good idea.

Agreed. I swap between the movie code and official code once in a while because of that. Wish I could just have the music and not the irrelevant callouts. I'm good with computers and could do it I just don't care enough to spend hours on PB Browser. I'd rather play pinball.

One thing I haven't tried is official code on Stranger Things. I just popped in the Cleland code right from the get-go. I may try it out just to see the differences.

#364 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I like how the game has sets of call outs for when working towards modes. They are in order and there may be 4-5 different sequences that can occur. Would be cool to see what someone could do to customize one of those with a difference sequence of callouts from the show.

Right, like the one that ends with “a boy his age, he’s probably just playing hookie.”

BTW I should have mentioned that I’m mainly interested in sharing the addresses of these callouts, so that people can do what they want. I have no intention of posting an image. It sounds like there are just a few of us geeking out on Pinball Browser, but it’s really not hard at all once you know the sound locations - that’s the hard part.

#365 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Agreed. I swap between the movie code and official code once in a while because of that. Wish I could just have the music and not the irrelevant callouts. I'm good with computers and could do it I just don't care enough to spend hours on PB Browser. I'd rather play pinball.
One thing I haven't tried is official code on Stranger Things. I just popped in the Cleland code right from the get-go. I may try it out just to see the differences.

LOL. We haven’t tried the official code either. Cleland from the start.

#366 2 years ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

LOL. We haven’t tried the official code either. Cleland from the start.

The “Morse Code” music in the official code is actually really good. I pulled that back in, along with the official theme music. I love all the other changes, though.

#367 2 years ago

I might try the clealand code just for fun, what memory card do you recommend to buy ?

#368 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I might try the clealand code just for fun, what memory card do you recommend to buy ?

Any 16 gig class 10 SD card.

#369 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

These work great for me. You don’t need 32GB, but it’s just $7 per SD card vs $5.27 for the 16GB.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N16CDX3

#370 2 years ago

Can also use an 8gb card and the class does not matter at all.

#371 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

How dare you. JB is the man.

#372 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Replacing game dialogue just because it can be done, is not always a good idea.

It’s not really different than any other reversible mod. In fact this one is the easiest to reverse - just pop the original SD card back in. Now if you’re talking about sound quality and background noise in a scene, then I agree 100%. An out-of-context quote from a memorable scene can be great, but if it has background noise or music it’s not going to sound right. STH has a lot of unused callouts in the code, and I’m only using those. I wish there was more Eleven, but she never was much of a talker.

#373 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It’s not really different than any other reversible mod. In fact this one is the easiest to reverse - just pop the original SD card back in. Now if you’re talking about sound quality and background noise in a scene, then I agree 100%. An out-of-context quote from a memorable scene can be great, but if it has background noise or music it’s not going to sound right. STH has a lot of unused callouts in the code, and I’m only using those. I wish there was more Eleven, but she never was much of a talker.

I’ve only recently added STt to my stable and have yet to hear all of the callouts. Is there a “friends don’t lie” callout?

#374 2 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I’ve only recently added STt to my stable and have yet to hear all of the callouts. Is there a “friends don’t lie” callout?

There's a whole mode about it. Morse Code.

#375 2 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

There are a couple of them in the code (11 and Lucas).

#376 2 years ago

I'll be moving on from Stranger Things soon and will post the attract mode code I made. Just need to create a premium/LE version and be done with it.

#377 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Well that sucks to hear. I have a premium shipping to me tomorrow. I was so looking forward to the movie update. Dang.

#378 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Well that sucks to hear. I have a premium shipping to me tomorrow. I was so looking forward to the movie update. Dang.

Opinions are just that. I respect that some don't care for the JP code. That said, it made the game 1000% better for me. I rather enjoy it

#379 2 years ago

I agree the JP code brought the game to the next level and made it a top 5 game. It's unbelievable, to bad all games don't sound this good.

#380 2 years ago

Outstanding! Back to being super excited. Haha

#381 2 years ago

Just added this game to our collection last night and it already has has Cleland code! Great work again!!
Man I waited a long time for this Stranger Premium! So damn cool

#382 2 years ago

The best thing about bookmarking sounds in the code is that you get to name them.

0x123 - drippy roar
0x147 - ending with wet noises and spike
0x205 - Hopper: errrrraugh!
0x1B0 - Demogorgon complaining of boredom

1 week later
#383 2 years ago

Loving this mod!

My only suggestions are maybe using kids remix for TK multiball instead of Morse code.

Have you tried music for total isolation? Is there even a song for the mode that can be replaced? Maybe soldiers or the return would be good there

#384 2 years ago

Should I stay or should I go would be an awesome end of game song Instead of the boys talking cause I'm always staying lol. That or for the high score entry but I love the one for that there now.

1 week later
#385 2 years ago

I’ve been vibing on the end-of-game music so much I finally did some research and found the artist, Flynn Hendry. @cleland, did you add the kids’ dialog to this? It’a perfection with the dialog; I just wanted to find more music like this.

F526F268-B580-4D92-903B-09D52C56BFEA (resized).jpegF526F268-B580-4D92-903B-09D52C56BFEA (resized).jpeg

#386 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’ve been vibing on the end-of-game music so much I finally did some research and found the artist, Flynn Hendry. cleland, did you add the kids’ dialog to this? It’a perfection with the dialog; I just wanted to find more music like this.
[quoted image]

Yes, I mixed in the kids dialog from the first episode with the music and timed it out. I was so pleased with this combination, everything just fell into place.

#387 2 years ago

Just picked up a Stranger Things and looking to install Clelands mod! Anyone know if there is a current DL link up for the pro?

#388 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Just picked up a Stranger Things and looking to install Clelands mod! Anyone know if there is a current DL link up for the pro?

Dm cleland. He’ll provide a link

2 weeks later
#389 2 years ago

Picked up a STh pro from a buddy and it had Clelands mix on it. Updated to 1.02 and lost it...
What a huge difference it makes. I downloaded and installed the 1.02 mix and now it feels right again. The game over music and Devo in Quarter Hunt is worth it if those were the only changes.
Thanks for your efforts Cleland!

#390 2 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Picked up a STh pro from a buddy and it had Clelands mix on it. Updated to 1.02 and lost it...
What a huge difference it makes. I downloaded and installed the 1.02 mix and now it feels right again. The game over music and Devo in Quarter Hunt is worth it if those were the only changes.
Thanks for your efforts Cleland!

I had this code from day 1. My daughter and I recently played a STh on location and she said that "why does ours feel so much better?".

#391 2 years ago

Is the clash song still there for multiball? I did not update to the latest code because I love that song.

#392 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Is the clash song still there for multiball? I did not update to the latest code because I love that song.

No.

#394 2 years ago

Why did they take it out? That is one of the best songs from the movie IMO.

#395 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Why did they take it out? That is one of the best songs from the movie IMO.

It didn’t make sense where it was put into the game and I agree with it. Cool song, just didn’t fit in the game.

#396 2 years ago

I still have the clash version on mine. I like it.

#397 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I still have the clash version on mine. I like it.

Does that version have the The Police, "Every Breath You Take " at any point in the game?

#398 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The “Morse Code” music in the official code is actually really good. I pulled that back in, along with the official theme music. I love all the other changes, though.

The official theme music isn't anywhere in Cleland's code!? I think I'm getting a pro here in a few weeks. That has to be in there somewhere as that is the theme music of the entire series.

#399 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

The official theme music isn't anywhere in Cleland's code!? I think I'm getting a pro here in a few weeks. That has to be in there somewhere as that is the theme music of the entire series.

Cleland replaced the main theme with an electronica version that actually sounds very good. I just like the original a bit more.

#400 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Does that version have the The Police, "Every Breath You Take " at any point in the game?

Yes it’s also in the DJ mixer if you wanted to play the track

Great addition

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 10.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 993 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-cleland-sound-mod/page/8?hl=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.