BBAFA2A8-D339-4F9C-8874-20D81E2FF74B (resized).jpeg
F526F268-B580-4D92-903B-09D52C56BFEA (resized).jpeg
theme_bg_music (resized).png
rock_bg_music (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
91EBC2BA-BB46-49A8-AA3E-4C7CD50FAA6F (resized).jpeg
7F87BF3E-8504-4640-934F-74D3961CD11E (resized).png
ST (resized).png
There are 993 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 20.
#301 3 years ago
Quoted from Batedogg:

Wow, great work cleland! Must have mod for a great game. I upgraded my speakers with Flipper Fidelity speakers and it really shines with the new sound package. Thanks for your work!

Thanks! I did the same with my Pro. Flipper Fidelity upgrade and hooked up to a Polk external sub with Pinnovators kit.

PinPickle try a brand new and not re-formatted SD card. I'm not sure why, but this has worked for two other Pinsiders.

#302 3 years ago

Cleland needs to get a Twipy or something like that. His work on GotG and StTh is fantastic!

#303 3 years ago

Yes very good job! As soon my paypal account works again ill donate

#304 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Cleland needs to get a Twipy or something like that. His work on GotG and StTh is fantastic!

Thanks, an "Underground Sound Twippy" would be cool so Stern doesn't come after me

I've had a couple of Pinsiders ask me about a complete music re-design. I like what I've done now, as it's the perfect balance for the game.

But, why not have a completely different version that adds in a lot more of the 80's music. It would be like a whole new kind of experience.
Anyone feel free to chime in about songs for modes. If you use the Jukebox feature "hold both flipper buttons down in attract mode" you can hear the music requests for each mode.

#305 3 years ago

Sounds great! Still need to discover all modes and sounds but dindt find the time yet... For now;

Songs
- Never ending story
- S2A4: 16:30 (push it to the limit) good for flow
- S2A2: ghost busters at the end

Fx
- S2A3: 8:55 Justin i need my paddels
- S2A2: 40:10 nice clicking sound

#306 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks, an "Underground Sound Twippy" would be cool so Stern doesn't come after me
I've had a couple of Pinsiders ask me about a complete music re-design. I like what I've done now, as it's the perfect balance for the game.
But, why not have a completely different version that adds in a lot more of the 80's music. It would be like a whole new kind of experience.
Anyone feel free to chime in about songs for modes. If you use the Jukebox feature "hold both flipper buttons down in attract mode" you can hear the music requests for each mode.

Man where to begin. So many awesome songs in the 80’s.

#307 3 years ago

I love the stripped down version of heroes by Peter Gabriel. It’s really slow so would likely be more suited for a high score is some sort. It was on of the biggest scenes of the first season. And although the never ding story was season 3, my kids would loos there shit. Dusty-bun

#308 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I’m so down for this! I don’t watch the show, so the alignment to the show music is irrelevant. The way it is now, the stock music modes are a letdown compared to the 80s music modes. 80s this bitch up cleland!

#309 3 years ago

Did you ever make the final changes for the last code update? I remember you did you were going to change something about should I stay / go and I was waiting for that to hound you about getting a link but I might have missed it.

#310 3 years ago

There are a lot of similarities in modes with the virtual stranger things table from orbital pin. The audio in that is really next level. It came out well before the stern version too. It uses a mix of 80's tunes related to the show and the actual show music for various modes. If you all have not seen it really it's amazing. The guy has done a crazy good job with his original tables. It's like if JJP did stranger things with an unlimited budget. His harry potter table is amazing too.

rock_bg_music (resized).pngrock_bg_music (resized).pngtheme_bg_music (resized).pngtheme_bg_music (resized).png
#311 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Did you ever make the final changes for the last code update? I remember you did you were going to change something about should I stay / go and I was waiting for that to hound you about getting a link but I might have missed it.

The most current one takes out clash from TK MB. It is available now I believe.

#312 3 years ago

Song suggestion- Nightcall from Drive soundtrack.

#313 3 years ago

So we’re doing songs completely unrelated to the show? Then we need moon rocks from talking heads to play during lure dart

#314 3 years ago

I’m not sure I’d be into just random songs but if it played anytime during the 3 seasons, I’m up for it.

#315 3 years ago

Gotta be songs from the series to make sense.

3 weeks later
#316 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Gotta be songs from the series to make sense.

How’s the new songs coming along? Or did you scratch the idea?

#317 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

How’s the new songs coming along? Or did you scratch the idea?

The Clash was added to TK

Very nice feature

Totally worth it

#318 3 years ago

Ok I'm ready to give this another try. I tried the dropbox shortcut in the opening messgae for the pro but it is not there?

#319 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Ok I'm ready to give this another try. I tried the dropbox shortcut in the opening messgae for the pro but it is not there?

OP link isn’t valid. Gotta PM cleland directly for the update.

#320 3 years ago

Sorry for the delay, I've been busy with other projects. But, I do intend to offer and alternate version with more 80's songs...gonna be a few weeks.
Yes, as always, reach out to me directly via PM and I'm happy to respond.

#321 3 years ago

Just got it running...really nice thankyou Cleland....love the end credits

#322 3 years ago

I’m sure this has been asked before, but what is a good sd card reader to buy?

#323 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Sorry for the delay, I've been busy with other projects. But, I do intend to offer and alternate version with more 80's songs...gonna be a few weeks.
Yes, as always, reach out to me directly vie PM and I'm happy to respond.

Can’t wait to see what you add. Still kept the older version with the Clash. My daughters and I love it.

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Can’t wait to see what you add. Still kept the older version with the Clash. My daughters and I love it.

You are lucky! I didn't even keep that version myself....you have a rare copy...lol.

With this alternate one, I'm really going for an 80's campy vibe and not too dark. It will be a completely different experience, which I think will turn us all upside down

Quoted from Coz:

I work on an iMac with a built in SD card reader, but really any SD card reader should be fine via USB or USB-C.

#325 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

You are lucky! I didn't even keep that version myself....you have a rare copy...lol.

With this alternate one, I'm really going for an 80's campy vibe and not too dark. It will be a completely different experience, which I think will turn us all upside down

Can't wait for your 80s explosion version.

I know most people here like your balance of 80s and nonlicensed music, but my wife and I can't wait for your all 80s mix! Bring it on.

#326 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

SmartQ C307 USB 3.0 Portable Card Reader for SD, SDHC, SDXC, MicroSD, MicroSDHC, MicroSDXC, with Advanced All-in-One Design https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZYXR7DL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_LsMffIWNgLicf

This one works great for me.

1 week later
#327 3 years ago

Just waiting for Cleland to PM me the latest code!

#328 3 years ago

Is there a tutorial some where so we can do our own modifications and tweaks?
I love this mix but would like to put my own touches into it. I am very familiar with pinsound programming. I understand its through pinball browser but is it fairly straight forward to edit the game files? I am ok with all the music side of things. Or do I need to be an IT guru to navigate the software?
Any help appreciated.

#329 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Is there a tutorial some where so we can do our own modifications and tweaks?
I love this mix but would like to put my own touches into it. I am very familiar with pinsound programming. I understand its through pinball browser but is it fairly straight forward to edit the game files? I am ok with all the music side of things. Or do I need to be an IT guru to navigate the software?
Any help appreciated.

Definitely not simple like pinsound which I also have on some games.

For Spike/Stern (pinbrowser) the same songs/sounds are sometimes stored in multiple places. You can only replace with something EXACTLY the same length and same quality/compression. I will let someone with tons of experience chime in on how to do it. I've only messed with it a little.

#330 3 years ago

Thanks for replying. Audacity should handle that fine.
Its the process I'm wondering about.

#331 3 years ago

Hello , the link for pro is dead ?

#332 3 years ago
Quoted from playcubeman:

He said they are only good for about 10 days, so download it even if your not installing it right away.

He might need to resend it to you.

#333 3 years ago
Quoted from playcubeman:

PM him for it.

#334 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Did you say campy? Well then, Pac-Man fever for Quarter Hunt.

#335 3 years ago

Def down for an all 80’s music experience. Killer idea!

#336 3 years ago

I for one am most definitely looking forward to hearing all of those 80's songs!!! Thank you Cleland

1 week later
#337 2 years ago

Here’s the list of mode music I put together before I found this thread. Maybe a good thing, since my mind was a blank slate. I didn’t try to pick songs that were in the show, I just went through the Billboard Top 100 for ‘81-85. My Pinball Browser is out of date, so I have my work cut out for me. I’ll start with Cleland’s mix, regardless.

Follow the Compass: “Destination Unknown”, Missing Persons (‘82)
Bullies: “Wanna Be Starting Something”, Michael Jackson (‘83)
Where’s Barb: “Don’t You Forget About Me”, Simple Minds (‘85)
Monster Hunting: “The Warrior”, Scandal (‘84)
Get Me Out: “Love is a Battlefield”, Pat Benatar (‘84)
Operation Mirkwood: “Rock the Casbah”, The Clash (‘83)
Turn Up the Heat: “I’m on Fire”, Bruce Springsteen (‘85)
Lure Dart: “Harden My Heart”, Quarterflash (‘82)
Quarter Hunt: “Pac Man Fever”, Buckner & Garcia (‘82)
Morse Code: “De Doo Doo Doo, De Da Da Da”, Police (‘81)
What Mama Says: “Words”, Missing Persons (‘82)
Save Will: “Owner of a Lonely Heart”, Yes (‘84)

Honorable mentions:
“Urgent”, Foreigner (‘81)
“Heat of the Moment”, Asia (‘82)
“Some Like it Hot”, Power Station (‘85)
“The Boys of Summer”, Don Henley (‘85)
“Never Surrender”, Corey Hart (‘85)
“Photograph”, Def Leppard (‘83)
“I Wanna Know What Love Is”, Foreigner, (‘85)

#338 2 years ago

I am in for 80s playlist, it is my favourite music era, I am an 80's baby!

#339 2 years ago

I’m playing the stock 1.02 software, and I almost feel like a heretic for wanting to make an alternate mix. This is my favorite out-of-the-box pinball music by a long shot. But Stranger Things is way too good to have just one set of music. I’m already thinking about getting a 2nd for location play.

#340 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Monster Hunting: “The Warrior”, Scandal (‘84)

LOL - This song came on in the car last weekend and my wife and I were rockin it. Never would have thought about it in this game, but now that you mentioned it...I need it. She'd freak if I put it in without telling her, and she came across it on her own.

#341 2 years ago

My suggestion

If doing the totally 80s sound track

For the high score enter track

Play the back to the future score

#342 2 years ago

I finally stepped away from the game long enough to install Kevin Cleland’s mix. I really love the choices on this one, and it’s worth it for the High Score and End of Game music alone. Perfect choices for those and the 5 mode changes (especially for Where’s Barb and Save Will).

I’m going to spend some time on two aspects of Stern’s audio that I don’t like: the instructional speech, and the sounds that take me out of the game. For a location game, I understand why Jim tells us what to do constantly. But for a home game, I want to replace those with some fun callouts from other characters. As far as “sounds that take me out of the game”, they are:

- Mystery Lit (I think this is from Wheel of Fortune)
- the “thunk” for hitting already-lit Demodog targets (I’d rather hear nothing)
- the Iron Man sounds for hitting drops in the Upside Down
- Extra Ball award (I know, it’s from AFM)

Basically, I want to hear scary or electronica sounds most of the time.

#343 2 years ago

Stern needs to hire Cleland!

#344 2 years ago

well if this straying a little apart maybe this song can be of interest:

it's from a band called vogon poetry. This songs is not in the series, but it's about.
They are a swedish synthpop bands with a little 80s flavor.
They also created a song about "ready player one" and obviously some about the hitchhickers guide.
But i hope it still catches the feeling for the series for you too

#345 2 years ago

cabal I really got into the German series “Dark”. I watched it subtitled in English, but I wish I knew German so I could enjoy it in the native language. Any way, the music from “Dark” is awesome, and it’s very complementary to Stranger Things. I may try to do a Dark mix just for fun. Highly recommend the show for people who like Stranger Things. Just be prepared to be really depressed (I liked it for that, I don’t like feel-good shows).

#346 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

cabal I really got into the German series “Dark”. I watched it subtitled in English, but I wish I knew German so I could enjoy it in the native language. Any way, the music from “Dark” is awesome, and it’s very complementary to Stranger Things. I may try to do a Dark mix just for fun. Highly recommend the show for people who like Stranger Things. Just be prepared to be really depressed (I liked it for that, I don’t like feel-good shows).

Very good show, not sure I felt depressed watching it but mostly curious... probably one of the best shows I have seen in the last 5 years. Also like how the story was kept just long enough and wrapped up in only 3 seasons even after the show had caught some attention and fans around the world, the writers did not do the typical -never ending- extension of seasons just to make more money off the show.

#347 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Very good show, not sure I felt depressed watching it but mostly curious... probably one of the best shows I have seen in the last 5 years. Also like how the story was kept just long enough and wrapped up in only 3 seasons even after the show had caught some attention and fans around the world, the writers did not do the typical -never ending- extension of seasons just to make more money off the show.

The many-worlds subplot (e.g. alt Martha) leaves the door open to more seasons. I hope that happens. You’re right, “depressing” is not the right word. The central theme is existentialism: people try to prevent something from happening, and that act actually causes the thing to happen. Basically, all human effort is futile. That thought can make you happy if you view it the right way.

#348 2 years ago

Dark is great, but it was very hard to follow. I watched and read a lot of stuff outside of the show to help me follow what was going on as I went. Still loved it.

#349 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yes the dark was great, but i was not aware that it was not translated and synchronized. Only subtitled is hard to follow
i am glad that i can understand english quite good, this gets me access to a lot of additional stuff to the only "German" things.

#350 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Yes the dark was great, but i was not aware that it was not translated and synchronized. Only subtitled is hard to follow
i am glad that i can understand english quite good, this gets me access to a lot of additional stuff to the only "German" things.

The funny thing is, I pay closer attention when I’m watching subtitles since I can’t multitask. I did have to pause sometimes to go to the show’s wiki. “Who is this again?” It was challenging to keep up with 3 sets of the same people. I enjoyed the series more the 2nd time I watched it, since I knew everyone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 993 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-cleland-sound-mod/page/7?hl=spinneraddict and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.