BBAFA2A8-D339-4F9C-8874-20D81E2FF74B (resized).jpeg
F526F268-B580-4D92-903B-09D52C56BFEA (resized).jpeg
theme_bg_music (resized).png
rock_bg_music (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
91EBC2BA-BB46-49A8-AA3E-4C7CD50FAA6F (resized).jpeg
7F87BF3E-8504-4640-934F-74D3961CD11E (resized).png
ST (resized).png
There are 993 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 20.
#252 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Follow the instructions in the first post of this thread. You need the SD card from the game, a SD card reader and software on your computer to flash the SD card.

Thanks Chuck. That’s what I did the first time But for some reason I thought I had to update the game first then the new sound but the update is Clelands. Duh.

Thank you

#253 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Thanks Chuck. That’s what I did the first time But for some reason I thought I had to update the game first then the new sound but the update is Clelands. Duh.
Thank you

Yep. The way he does it is to completely replace the code that’s on the SD card. That’s why it’s important to backup your settings before doing it.

#254 3 years ago

Installing mine now AND adding art blades. Can't wait to fire it up!

#255 3 years ago

Done updated it’s awesome. Love the should I stay or should I go for the TK lock. Great addition.

#256 3 years ago

I still need to try this, have tried twice with no luck getting it working in my game

#257 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I still need to try this, have tried twice with no luck getting it working in my game

What's your specific issue? Download and saving of the file, or flashing the image? I would love to help you get it installed, as it makes a big difference in the experience.

#258 3 years ago

Mine is attempting to flash the card and it gets towards the end, then starts another run. On the second run it sticks at 55% and then eventually fails. Any thoughts? I may try using a different etcher.

#259 3 years ago
Quoted from FlawlessJS:

Mine is attempting to flash the card and it gets towards the end, then starts another run. On the second run it sticks at 55% and then eventually fails. Any thoughts? I may try using a different etcher.

I’m not one for understanding this stuff but this one worked for me. Pretty simple.

91EBC2BA-BB46-49A8-AA3E-4C7CD50FAA6F (resized).jpeg91EBC2BA-BB46-49A8-AA3E-4C7CD50FAA6F (resized).jpeg
#260 3 years ago
Quoted from FlawlessJS:

That might be the "Verify" which is not necessary. Once it's done flashing the image, you can abort the verify process.

#261 3 years ago

it is true that the memory size of the software is 15.5 GB after extracting (Pro)? The previous versions were only 7.8 GB in size.

#262 3 years ago
Quoted from orcaolli:

it is true that the memory size of the software is 15.5 GB after extracting (Pro)?

No.

#263 3 years ago

O.K, thank you. I downloaded and extracted the file again. The size of the images is again 15,558,144 KB. Am I the only one with this phenomenon?

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from orcaolli:

O.K, thank you. I downloaded and extracted the file again. The size of the images is again 15,558,144 KB. Am I the only one with this phenomenon?

What file? Cleland’s file is not zipped.

#265 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What file? Cleland’s file is not zipped.

It is. The file ends with *.gz so ist has to be extracted before installing. I had no choice between a zipped or an unzipped file.

#266 3 years ago
Quoted from orcaolli:

It is. The file ends with *.gz so ist has to be extracted before installing. I had no choice between a zipped or an unzipped file.

Just download the file. Don’t do anything with it except browse for it within the etcher program. The program will do all the work.

#267 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just download the file. Don’t do anything with it except browse for it within the etcher program. The program will do all the work.

Thank you, I'll try that. But that would be a different approach than versions 1.00 and 1.01

#268 3 years ago
Quoted from orcaolli:

Thank you, I'll try that. But that would be a different approach than versions 1.00 and 1.01

Same approach.

#269 3 years ago
Quoted from orcaolli:

It’s been the same for me the whole time. Download the file, in etcher select the image, find where you saved it, select it. Wait until the program is done they put the SD card in your game.

#270 3 years ago

The extracted image is quite a bit bigger for me as well but it worked fine. The compressed image is 3gb. Could it be that the original source image from stern is a raw file instead of an img this time? You don't have to extract the image to use it in Etcher.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#271 3 years ago

Yeah, all of this is due to the fact that I only had a 16gig SD card on hand, instead of the stock 8GB.
I don't want to go into too much detail behind the scenes, but this will be corrected next update.

I'm also not sure I'm liking Telekinesis/Clash Combo. That slot only has 1:10 of a music loop, and it's too quick for the combo. I might move Clash to the Bullshit Mode if I can.

Speaking of which, I have heard that Bullshit mode plays "Don't Mess Around With Jim" and that is not intended.

#272 3 years ago

Agreed on the clash. It sounds muffled too and only plays before the first SJP collect it seems?

Yeah maybe have bullshit with some soft background music.

#273 3 years ago

I never played the bullshit mode but maybe take on me from a-ha would be good. Something different.

#274 3 years ago

That should be the snowball dance music.

#275 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That should be the snowball dance music.

Wasn’t it “Time after Time” during that scene? Been awhile I could be wrong

#276 3 years ago

I’d like to see Rock you like a hurricane added but I’m not sure where it would work

#277 3 years ago

Less is more. Only add music where it makes sense within the show. I can’t remember the actual song that played during the snowball dance in the show either.

Don’t shoehorn songs into the game just cause.

#278 3 years ago

Every Breath You Take - Police

#279 3 years ago

I just looked, snow ball starts with time after time then goes to every breath you take. Billy get introduced with rock you like a hurricane but I dont believe there are any modes in the game surrounding him.

#280 3 years ago

What abouth the clash during “save will” I believe they play it in the house when they are trying to communicate with him

#281 3 years ago

I only have a 8 GB CARDwill this work or do I need to purchase a 16 GB card?

I’m not very computer savvy so I was going to take my card to work with me today and have one of my employees do it for me if the 8 GB will work

#282 3 years ago

I got a 16 gig to be safe. Class 10. It’s been flawless.

#283 3 years ago

What other games has Cleland done?

#284 3 years ago

He did Guardians of the Galaxy as well. Only bought it because of the 80s music and he took it to the next level. Works very well next to Stranger Things

#286 3 years ago

Dammit... guardians music would be awesome. I may need to add that to my list. TWD is on my wanted list for when I get better.

#287 3 years ago

Is the 1.02 cleland update still available? I went to the drop box link on the first post in this thread but I'm getting a 404 error.

#288 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Dammit... guardians music would be awesome. I may need to add that to my list. TWD is on my wanted list for when I get better.

TWD is a game that will force you to get better. So do not hesitate to buy.

#289 3 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Is the 1.02 cleland update still available? I went to the drop box link on the first post in this thread but I'm getting a 404 error.

PM him.

#291 3 years ago

Just got my STh prem and am in the process of getting used to the layout, code, and dialing in the TK lock. Next is adding Cleland's code and emersimg myself in his masterpiece mod. Thanks so much Cleland! Can't wait to dive in once I get your mod installed.

#292 3 years ago

Just got this installed and am absolutely loving what Cleland did here! Masterfully done. Immersed immediately and deeper still with each mode. Brings this game from a 9 to a 10 in my opinion.

Thanks so much, Cleland! Awesome job !

#293 3 years ago

+1 awesome mod! Really enjoying it so far!

In my case, I had trouble flashing the 8GB card with the 1.02 version. Not certain on this but it appeared that the image was 7.86GB and the card only holds 7.85GB. For those that plan to try it you may want to just go ahead and order a 16GB card just to be on the safe side. There is almost no difference in cost. Everything flashed fine on the 16GB card for me.

1 week later
#294 3 years ago

well I just joined the Stranger Things club yesterday. I just got my LE home yesterday and can't wait to install your new sound on it. I sent you a PM about that and asking you if you still have your GOTG. I have another GOTG MOD for you if you still have the machine. Can't wait to hear this Stranger Things sound in my machine. So excited....

#295 3 years ago

If anyone out there has the new code update, can you please PM me or email me the link to [email protected]

#296 3 years ago
Quoted from Scott9:

If anyone out there has the new code update, can you please PM me or email me the link to [email protected]

PM Cleland.

1 week later
#297 3 years ago

is the song @ 3:00 in this video (I think it’s a remix of kids) in this code? if the answer is yes im ordering the game tomorrow. if no... it would be amazing if it was!

#298 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

is the song @ 3:00 in this video (I think it’s a remix of kids) in this code? if the answer is yes im ordering the game tomorrow. if no... it would be amazing if it was!

Better order your game Yes, I use that track for "Morse Code" mode.

#299 3 years ago

I should have posted this here.

Anyone ever have a restarting issue.
My pin just gets stuck on the estarting mode and it doesn’t restart. I have to turn it off an on 5 or 6 times to work. Sometimes I put the old SD card and it works instantly and then try the Clelands card.
The issue only happens with Clelands file. I have formatted the card and reflashed the Cleland file with Belenaetcher 3 times already and the issue keeps popping it’s head. I’m going to try a completely different memory card but the one I have is better than the stern one.
Any thoughts?

What etcher program is everyone using with a Mac?

#300 3 years ago

Wow, great work @cleland! Must have mod for a great game. I upgraded my speakers with Flipper Fidelity speakers and it really shines with the new sound package. Thanks for your work!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 993 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-cleland-sound-mod/page/6?hl=palacekeeper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.