BBAFA2A8-D339-4F9C-8874-20D81E2FF74B (resized).jpeg
F526F268-B580-4D92-903B-09D52C56BFEA (resized).jpeg
theme_bg_music (resized).png
rock_bg_music (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
91EBC2BA-BB46-49A8-AA3E-4C7CD50FAA6F (resized).jpeg
7F87BF3E-8504-4640-934F-74D3961CD11E (resized).png
ST (resized).png
There are 993 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 20.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Is the newest code available?

No. I assume he will post here when it is.

#102 3 years ago

Can't wait to fire this off! Thanks for your effort!

4 weeks later
#103 3 years ago

Hey Cleland, back on track or still locked out soundwise? My decision wether to buy NST Pre or not depends on your sound mod

#104 3 years ago

locked out.

#105 3 years ago

What a pity. Hate what I see on TMNT so no LE for me, NST is the best option now for me personally

1 month later
#106 3 years ago

Looks like people were able to get back into JP with pinball browser, checking to see if Stranger Things could too?

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Looks like people were able to get back into JP with pinball browser, checking to see if Stranger Things could too?

YES!!!!!! Huge update to Pinball Browser!!!!

I will no longer be posting any public links to directly download any images and I have taken all previous ones down.

Send me a PM anytime and I'll do my best to respond in a timely manner with how to proceed.

1 week later
#108 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

YES!!!!!! Huge update to Pinball Browser!!!!
I will no longer be posting any public links to directly download any images and I have taken all previous ones down.
Send me a PM anytime and I'll do my best to respond in a timely manner with how to proceed.

And, of course, there's a new update. Is the latest sound mod updatable? I might try.. just to find out.

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from Belcaw:

And, of course, there's a new update. Is the latest sound mod updatable? I might try.. just to find out.

I wouldn't, or should I say I did and it didnt work

#110 3 years ago

Testing .97 on my Pro now
Made a couple of little changes:

Operation Mirkwood - Changed "Romantics-Talking In Your Sleep" to "Twist Of Fate"
Where's Barb - Custom mix of "Waiting For A Girl Like You" to "Hazy Shade Of Winter"

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Operation Mirkwood - Changed "Romantics-Talking In Your Sleep" to "Twist Of Fate"
Where's Barb - Custom mix of "Waiting For A Girl Like You" to "Hazy Shade Of Winter"

Oh, I like those changes!

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Great changes, thinking of sneaky Never Ending Story in there somewhere?

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from Powerhouse47:

Oh God I hope not

#114 3 years ago

That’s from season 3.

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s from season 3.

True true. But we know it was in our hearts all along

#116 3 years ago

any idea when the .97 version will be released or am I missing something? I just picked up a Stranger Things and would love to give this a try.

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

any idea when the .97 version will be released or am I missing something? I just picked up a Stranger Things and would love to give this a try.

PM Cleland

1 week later
#118 3 years ago

Absolutely loving this new audio mix , at first I was unsure as the music integration out the box is epic already but these new versions especially of the main theme just feel a bit more upbeat , and it really works. Loving the end music and also having whip it during quarter hunt
Echoing what had been said here the sound on the high score entry is so loud and jarring it detracts from the cool tune playing , is there a setting to get rid of that or at least lower the volume ?
Loving this so far
And what an incredible machine

#119 3 years ago

Are you talking about don’t mess around with Jim? It’s not loud at all. Not sure what you’re talking about. I think it’s fine.

And yeah Cleland did great with this. It’s adding to the stock sounds without taking away from any of it. None of it seems force either. Perfect imo.

#120 3 years ago

Yep that’s the one , it’s when you move to enter high score the sound that is made when you move across the alphabet, the clanging sounds are really super loud .. the tune is perfect it’s just that terrible clanging sound , maybe it’s me and it’s just on of those sounds
A bit like a shovel on sand or scratching your finger nails on a chalk board

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from wizard1974:

Yep that’s the one , it’s when you move to enter high score the sound that is made when you move across the alphabet, the clanging sounds are really super loud .. the tune is perfect it’s just that terrible clanging sound , maybe it’s me and it’s just on of those sounds

Oh I hear ya. Yeah that could be turned down for sure. I wonder if that’s possible on clelands end?

#122 3 years ago

Terrible score but this is the clanging lol

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from wizard1974:

Have you tried adjusting the attenuations in the adjustments menu? It may help you. I've tried many values.
I recommend -15 on music and +5 on speech.

This confuses people because negative means louder audio. Think of attenuation as being muted. Do you want it less muted or more muted?

Keep in mind that by setting music to -15 the volume is going to increase so you probably won't have your game's overall volume set as high as before. I rarely set my overall volume above 25. That's plenty loud enough IMO.

#124 3 years ago

Well problem with that is I love the attenuation of the speech everywhere else in the game. So unfortunately I change that it will change everything and not just that one part.

#125 3 years ago

I posted those numbers from memory. I just checked my game. I'm currently using -15 on music and +5 on speech. I updated my earlier post.
IMO the speech callouts are plenty loud enough with these numbers. YMMV

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh I hear ya. Yeah that could be turned down for sure. I wonder if that’s possible on clelands end?

Oh yeah, I can find that sounds and lower the sample volume. Or, replace it with a more pleasant sound.
It is pretty grating on the ears. Sadly, I don't hear it often, because I'm never getting a high score

#127 3 years ago

If it’s easy enough yeah just replace it with something that’s super soft sounding so we can hear the song better.

2 weeks later
#128 3 years ago

I have updated sounds for .98. Feel free to PM me for instructions.

2 weeks later
#129 3 years ago

Hey everybody.

I used to be pretty active on here but have been away for a few years for various reasons. Just wanted to drop in and say “Hi” and comment on this thread because I bought my first NIB pin since TRON LE released and it’s Stranger Things Premium.

I’ve had it a little over two weeks and I couldn’t be happier with my purchase. Man, I love this pin. Family does too, which is always a plus.

Happy flipping, everyone. ✌️

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

Hey everybody.
I used to be pretty active on here but have been away for a few years for various reasons. Just wanted to drop in and say “Hi” and comment on this thread because I bought my first NIB pin since TRON LE released and it’s Stranger Things Premium.
I’ve had it a little over two weeks and I couldn’t be happier with my purchase. Man, I love this pin. Family does too, which is always a plus.
Happy flipping, everyone. ✌️

I'm glad you didn't let the Pinside negativity keep you from buying a great game. Enjoy! It's still the game I play the most--by far--and Cleland's mod makes it even better.

#131 3 years ago

Anyone have a video of the latest sound mod? I do think this game is underrated.

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm glad you didn't let the Pinside negativity keep you from buying a great game. Enjoy! It's still the game I play the most--by far--and Cleland's mod makes it even better.

haha. never let that influence me.

my next pin is a Munsters Pro...wait 'til the haters come out for that one.

3 weeks later
#133 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

....I do think this game is underrated.

110% agree delt!
And Kevin's audio puts it over the top!

2 weeks later
#134 3 years ago

I'm convinced it's because I updated to Cleland's 0.98 code yesterday that Stern have released 0.99 today.

Thanks again Cleland. Really loving the alt music mix - it makes this game way more enjoyable to play.

#135 3 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

I'm convinced it's because I updated to Cleland's 0.98 code yesterday that Stern have released 0.99 today.
Thanks again Cleland. Really loving the alt music mix - it makes this game way more enjoyable to play.

So I can blame you for this

Just so all understand, you will want to put your original SD card back in and update via Stern's USB method. I will have to update my Pinball Browser changes to the .99 release. This DJ mixer thing has me curious....I wonder if I can add more 80's songs in that bank, or if it just pulls the game audio and plays that

Downloading now.....Hmm, they have not posted the SD images for .99 yet.

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

So I can blame you for this
Just so all understand, you will want to put your original SD card back in and update via Stern's USB method. I will have to update my Pinball Browser changes to the .99 release. This DJ mixer thing has me curious....I wonder if I can add more 80's songs in that bank, or if it just pulls the game audio and plays that
Downloading now.....Hmm, they have not posted the SD images for .99 yet.

Yep, totally my fault

It may have been mentioned before, but the Never Ending Story song / moment in season 3 was such a monumental one, that it would be great for it to be in there somewhere - even if it is just part of the DJ Mixer tracks.

#137 3 years ago

I refuse to install the new Stern code. I think I'll just bide my time and wait for cleland to finish working his magic...

#138 3 years ago

I have no idea how the DJ mixer works. I’m going to play around with it today.

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have no idea how the DJ mixer works. I’m going to play around with it today.

It's just a jukebox like on Metallica

#140 3 years ago

DJ mixer is cool. Assuming the sound files for those are different than the game files Cleland can make this playlist whatever he wants.

Would be awesome to have all the 80s stuff in there along with the never ending story scene

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

DJ mixer is cool. Assuming the sound files for those are different than the game files Cleland can make this playlist whatever he wants.
Would be awesome to have all the 80s stuff in there along with the never ending story scene

Of course .99.1 locked me out of Pinball Browser again
It looks like the Jukebox just plays the mode songs. It's nice they named them for me though
That Snow Ball mode (which I have not seen) is a perfect fit for Romantics Talking in your Sleep. The stock music for that mode is almost a copy.

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I refuse to install the new Stern code. I think I'll just bide my time and wait for cleland to finish working his magic...

Yeah.

After playing Cleland’s sound mod for the last few weeks, no way in reverting back to stock.

I’ll wait until he brings his code up to the .99.1 before I switch over.

#143 3 years ago

Yep...that's the hardest part of code updates now. I can't (won't) install them until the revised version is released. So while others are enjoying the updates from Stern, I have to be patient and hope cleland doesn't have a social life.

#144 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I know it’s not season 1or2. But never ending story song is a MuST

#145 3 years ago

I know it’s not season 1or2. But never ending story song is a MuST

Yeah it doesn’t fit in this game at all but having it in the mixer would be cool. Instead of just being replays of the in game songs, make them all unique.

But it seems you may be limited on the time slots. That might make it hard to work.

#146 3 years ago

Does the Cleland mode work for the pro also, or just the premium/LE?

#148 3 years ago

Any chance for The Clash’s “Should I Stay or Should I Go” being implemented in code .99? It was a pretty prevalent song in both seasons 1 and 2.

1 week later
#149 3 years ago

Any luck cracking the new code?

#150 3 years ago

Super excited here. I’ve never heard it. Does anyone have video of gameplay with it? I’ve heard it’sa game changer

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 993 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-cleland-sound-mod/page/3?hl=powerhouse47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.