BBAFA2A8-D339-4F9C-8874-20D81E2FF74B (resized).jpeg
F526F268-B580-4D92-903B-09D52C56BFEA (resized).jpeg
theme_bg_music (resized).png
rock_bg_music (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
91EBC2BA-BB46-49A8-AA3E-4C7CD50FAA6F (resized).jpeg
7F87BF3E-8504-4640-934F-74D3961CD11E (resized).png
ST (resized).png
There are 993 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 20.
#51 4 years ago

So I got my SD cards 8 gig that you linked to us and downloaded the img file from your first post. Says it is too big to put on the sd card via this etcher program. Am I doing something wrong?

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks for the feedback guys, this one is gonna be a balancing wire for sure. I too at first cringed at the "What Momma Says" mode music...like nails on a chalkboard and I'm high on LSD, but I think that's what's good about it too.
I did put Bon Jovi's "She's A Little Runaway" for that mode on my on game to test.
I keep going back and forth on stock and that tune. I also tried this "Ray of Light" edit, but it's not emotional enough to me for that mode.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/71e2n4yuai5m4y6/Ray%20of%20Light-What%20Mamma%20Says%20Idea.mp3?dl=0

I actually like the craziness of Mama mode

#53 4 years ago

My brother Cleland strikes again! Hard to believe it all started with TWD many years ago.

Great guy, great service, happy to paypal again for the efforts.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks for the feedback guys, this one is gonna be a balancing wire for sure. I too at first cringed at the "What Momma Says" mode music...like nails on a chalkboard and I'm high on LSD, but I think that's what's good about it too.
I did put Bon Jovi's "She's A Little Runaway" for that mode on my on game to test.
I keep going back and forth on stock and that tune. I also tried this "Ray of Light" edit, but it's not emotional enough to me for that mode.

How about brian
https://www.dropbox.com/s/71e2n4yuai5m4y6/Ray%20of%20Light-What%20Mamma%20Says%20Idea.mp3?dl=0

How about Bryan Adams run too you

#55 4 years ago

Maybe try "Sirius"The Alan Parsons Project for the multiball or use the second half about 152 for what mamma saids

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So I got my SD cards 8 gig that you linked to us and downloaded the img file from your first post. Says it is too big to put on the sd card via this etcher program. Am I doing something wrong?

Try formatting the SD card first (even though it's new and you shouldn't have to) and then try Etcher again.

#57 4 years ago

No joy. Says the image is 8gig and my SS card is only 7.95 gig

#58 4 years ago

thats strange, my download was 7.56 gig I think.

Any plans to add "Neverending Story" to the end game @cleland?

#59 4 years ago

I tried to post a game where you could hear the different mode songs I changed...but I failed. At least with this you can hear the intro music, game end music, and a high score entry (Don't Mess Around With Jim).

#60 4 years ago

Can you change that sound when you move the letters for a high score to maybe a pacman sound

#61 4 years ago

Is their a recommended setting for the callout volume? I feel like the call outs are much louder than the music in some of the modes.

#62 4 years ago

I have speech attenuation to plus 6 and music attenuation to negative 6. I like it there.

#63 4 years ago

I downloaded Clelands LE image and Etcher.
Imaged on to a class 10 32G card, after burning the sounds were great but the Upside down UV doesnt work.
My mate Dave downloaded it seperately and imaged it to another 32G sd card and it doesnt work either.
we both had a checksum error.
Can anyone confirm that the image is good?
my Sd was formatted to FAT after the first fail and before a second burn.
The Audio is great in both instances but the UV for the Upside down stops working.
Any thoughts.

Fantastic work by the way, maybe the problem is it has to come all the way to the Upside Down as we are both in Australia
Ray

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from raysco:

I downloaded Clelands LE image and Etcher.
Imaged on to a class 10 32G card, after burning the sounds were great but the Upside down UV doesnt work.
My mate Dave downloaded it seperately and imaged it to another 32G sd card and it doesnt work either.
we both had a checksum error.
Can anyone confirm that the image is good?
my Sd was formatted to FAT after the first fail and before a second burn.
The Audio is great in both instances but the UV for the Upside down stops working.
Any thoughts.
Fantastic work by the way, maybe the problem is it has to come all the way to the Upside Down as we are both in Australia
Ray

Hey mate you have to go back into settings & turn uv lighting on.
The same thing happened to me, was just a matter of turning it back on

#65 4 years ago

Thanks Mate,
I looked for something like that but couldn't find it before I posted. Oops, found it now and it's in the thread for future reference.
Great stuff guys, love this game and the new sounds.
Can't wait for code updates to take it to the next level.
Keep Safe,
Ray

#66 4 years ago

put some more duffer bros music on it! vocal free electronic music with character voice clips from the show over it.

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Is their a recommended setting for the callout volume? I feel like the call outs are much louder than the music in some of the modes.

I agree, I went -20 on music and just adjusted volume as needed.

#68 4 years ago

Excited to try this out!

#69 4 years ago

Like the old joke "the food here is terrible and the portions are so small" this game needs this upgrade. The callouts are terrible and there are so few.
Can't wait to give this a try over the weekend. Thanks cleland !!!

#70 4 years ago

Where do you get the updated version of your sound code?

#71 4 years ago

I love the way this is evolving

#72 4 years ago

I got a 32 gig card class ten. Flashed it fine and swapped with the stock one with power off. Got this at boot up. Is this normal?

014D227D-4C62-4AD6-A294-6DF9A33C9372 (resized).jpeg014D227D-4C62-4AD6-A294-6DF9A33C9372 (resized).jpeg
#73 4 years ago

Figured it out. All good. Gonna stream tonight after the twipys most likely if people want to hear the new stuff!

#74 4 years ago

Great Stuff Chuck! want to set up a battle stream with an LE in Australia?

#75 4 years ago

Absolutely! As soon as I figure out how to do them. Haha. Got a couple buddies I’m supposed to do them with soon so as soon as they teach me it’s on!

#76 4 years ago

cleland - what other games have you done? Ive seen GOTG and TWD. Are there others? Is there a link to available files?

#77 4 years ago

Even though it is in Season 3, gotta get never ending story in there somehow.

#78 4 years ago

I think starcourt from season 3 would work great in quarter hunt mode, I prefer instrumental music. Even though whip it good there maybe starcourt can be used somewhere else.

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just use a different tool like Win32 Disk imager and it will work. I had the same problem like you with etcher.

The new music is really a lot of fun, good job.

#80 4 years ago

I just used a bigger card. All good.

#81 4 years ago

.87 update out yet?

#82 4 years ago

Downloading it now

Expect updated links shortly.

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Downloading it now

Cannot wait to try and download tomorrow and see if it works... you also have to try and get Neverending Story in there... somewhere...anywhere

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Downloading it now

Will the links be posted here or elsewhere?

#85 4 years ago

Since the code updated if I put Cleland on my machine does Cleland have to update anything

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Since the code updated if I put Cleland on my machine does Cleland have to update anything

Yeah. The Cleveland code you have is .86 he needs to make .87

#87 4 years ago

Unfortunately, Stern has locked us out of the sounds again. Waiting for a new update from Oliver for Pinball Browser.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Unfortunately, Stern has locked us out of the sounds again. Waiting for a new update from Oliver for Pinball Browser.

Does this happen often?

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

i understand them... logical from a copyright point of view...
in the other way, they know (!?) more pins are being sold because of your mods (i bought TWD NIB because of the Lyman tip top code, but let's admit also your sound version)

#90 4 years ago

Cleland is the best. Love my guardians and stranger. Disappointed doesn’t work with new update.

#91 4 years ago

any progress or you still locked out?

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from KTruax:

any progress or you still locked out?

Still locked out, and not happy about it.

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Still locked out, and not happy about it.

Any news?

#94 4 years ago

I’m sure when he has news he will post it.

#95 4 years ago

Check the pinbrowser thread to determine when it's fixed, if at all.

#96 4 years ago

I broke the high score on my machine yesterday. I got 168,000,000. I had to play "You Don't Mess Around with Jim" on Spotify afterwards. It was a poor imitation of the mod.

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Private Eyes for Operation Mirkwood and Some Like it Hot, The Heat is On or Hot Blooded for Turn Up the Heat Mode!

1 week later
#98 3 years ago

Hi all,
is there a way to have the original sound plus the new sound mode, and to easily switch between the two ? or should i choose one of the two sound modes ?
Best regards

#99 3 years ago

Gotta choose one or the other. Best way to have both is flash a SD card for stern code and one for Cleland code. Quickest way to swap back and forth.

#100 3 years ago

Is the newest code available?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 993 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-cleland-sound-mod/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.