BBAFA2A8-D339-4F9C-8874-20D81E2FF74B (resized).jpeg
F526F268-B580-4D92-903B-09D52C56BFEA (resized).jpeg
theme_bg_music (resized).png
rock_bg_music (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
91EBC2BA-BB46-49A8-AA3E-4C7CD50FAA6F (resized).jpeg
7F87BF3E-8504-4640-934F-74D3961CD11E (resized).png
ST (resized).png
There are 993 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 20.
#701 1 year ago

Does V3 have the master of puppets also? And what is the link to the YouTube video.

Thanks

#702 1 year ago

This is not the newest 1.06 code, so it wont have the new IC features?

#703 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

This is not the newest 1.06 code, so it wont have the new IC features?

IC is disabled if it detects modified code, this started with version 1.06.

#704 1 year ago
Quoted from loneranger:

IC is disabled if it detects modified code, this started with version 1.06.

Source?

#705 1 year ago

So the awesome Cleland sent me the links and I'm being a little dense with the instructions I'm sure.
I want the videos and the sound mods. How do I get them both loaded on to the SD card? (ST Pro)
Any tips?

#706 1 year ago
Quoted from mmarino123:

So the awesome Cleland sent me the links and I'm being a little dense with the instructions I'm sure.
I want the videos and the sound mods. How do I get them both loaded on to the SD card? (ST Pro)
Any tips?

Ditto, I am a little dumb when i comes to this zip/flash stuff as well.

#707 1 year ago
Quoted from twinturb089:

Ditto, I am a little dumb when i comes to this zip/flash stuff as well.

Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

#708 1 year ago
Quoted from mmarino123:

Any tips?

Download the Balena Etcher software, insert the SD card you plan to use, and choose Cleland's file from the Etcher software to flash to your SD card. The Etcher software will take care of the rest.

Make sure you are using a class 10 SD card large enough to accomodate all the files (16 GB).

#709 1 year ago

Pinball Browser can also be used to easily write the SD card image file.

http://download.pinballbrowser.com/

After installing Pinball Browser, open the SmartDMD tab and Browse to the image file and then choose your SD card drive letter and "Write to SD".

There is only one file to use and it contains all the audio and video replacements.

#710 1 year ago

ok, i was confused as it had a few video version downloads at the top of the message and then 3 more at the bottom,i thought videos where at the top and audio at bottom. thank you

#711 1 year ago
Quoted from twinturb089:

ok, i was confused as it had a few video version downloads at the top of the message and then 3 more at the bottom,i thought videos where at the top and audio at bottom. thank you

Yeah, that's what got me as well.

Thanks for the help fellas!

#712 1 year ago

cleland in the new update for Premium v3 we just got to Send it Back but there was no Master of Puppets. Everything else seemed updated with new Attract videos and music.

#713 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

cleland in the new update for Premium v3 we just got to Send it Back but there was no Master of Puppets. Everything else seemed updated with new Attract videos and music.

This is true. Unfortunately, in my haste to post and so many versions I missed that. LE/Premium users please contact me for new links.
So sorry, but this is now fixed. Pro users you are OK and do not need to re-download.

Just to be clear on these video versions. If you pay attention in attract mode the game will play tutorial videos on how to play the game. Those videos have simply been replaced with scenes from the show. That is all.

#714 1 year ago

Can an SD card be erased and re-used for flashing?

#715 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Yes

#716 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Yes, writing an image will format and overwrite the card.

#717 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

This is true. Unfortunately, in my haste to post and so many versions I missed that. LE/Premium users please contact me for new links.
So sorry, but this is now fixed. Pro users you are OK and do not need to re-download.
Just to be clear on these video versions. If you pay attention in attract mode the game will play tutorial videos on how to play the game. Those videos have simply been replaced with scenes from the show. That is all.

Thanks again for all your work on this mod.

I wanted to ask - is this the newest version of the code with home team?

#718 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Thanks again for all your work on this mod.
I wanted to ask - is this the newest version of the code with home team?

No, the new Stern code updates with Home Team cannot yet be opened and edited with Pinball Browser.

#719 1 year ago

Will this new version work on the 1.02 code? I use it with no issue on my 1.05 but I have a mate with 1.02 and I am not sure if it will work on his.

#720 1 year ago
Quoted from Jfed:

Will this new version work on the 1.02 code? I use it with no issue on my 1.05 but I have a mate with 1.02 and I am not sure if it will work on his.

Once he puts in the new sd card, he will also be on 1.05

#721 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Once he puts in the new sd card, he will also be on 1.05

Thanks

#722 1 year ago

Thanks , great job !!!

#723 1 year ago

Quick question all! I installed the V3 1.05 code. I'm not getting the images instead of the standard Stern tutorials.
I followed PoMC's install instructions using Pinball Browser. Did I do something wrong? Any ideas?
Thanks!

#724 1 year ago
Quoted from mmarino123:

Quick question all! I installed the V3 1.05 code. I'm not getting the images instead of the standard Stern tutorials.
I followed PoMC's install instructions using Pinball Browser. Did I do something wrong? Any ideas?
Thanks!

Are you sure you downloaded the correct V3 code? He has 2 versions of V3 code. One with and one without the videos. The one with the videos will be in the first set of links he sent in his message to you.

#725 1 year ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Are you sure you downloaded the correct V3 code? He has 2 versions of V3 code. One with and one without the videos. The one with the videos will be in the first set of links he sent in his message to you.

Damn.... That would be the problem...

Thank you!!

2 weeks later
#726 1 year ago

Question from someone who’s never tried this before. If you burn this image to an SD card what about when the code is updated by Stern? Can you just do a normal update after that or do you have to re-do this process each time Stern does an update? Sorry for the stupid sounding question.

#727 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Question from someone who’s never tried this before. If you burn this image to an SD card what about when the code is updated by Stern? Can you just do a normal update after that or do you have to re-do this process each time Stern does an update? Sorry for the stupid sounding question.

Not a stupid question! once you have this sound mod on an SD card you cannot perform the Stern updates on it. You would have to wait for cleland to then update his code, although sounds like he probably won’t update it again.

#728 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Not a stupid question! once you have this sound mod on an SD card you cannot perform the Stern updates on it. You would have to wait for cleland to then update his code, although sounds like he probably won’t update it again.

could also have a separate SD card that has latest Stern code on that and run Stern updates on it. But I am cautious to do that in case there are firm wear updates etc

#729 1 year ago

Just got a ST Premium running code 1.05. I am curious if anyone can point me in the right direction to download the Cleland code? I also PMd him - happy to wait for a reply, but wanted to toss it out here just in case. Thank you!

#730 1 year ago

Just to be clear, I will update Stranger Things to 1.06 when Pinball Browser can open the image.

#731 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Just to be clear, I will update Stranger Things to 1.06 when Pinball Browser can open the image.

With the assumption that insider connected will not work, correct?

1 week later
#732 1 year ago

Hey all I bought a LE last month and had no idea until I read this forum that mine the Cleland code.. I presumed these were standard songs/videos and now I have no idea what the standard game is like lol. You are a legend Cleland this is great work. So, to make sure I'm understanding correctly, if I ever do a Stern update it will lose the Cleland code? How do I see what version of Cleland code I have currently? Sounds like I'm a few versions behind..I don't have never ending story or Kate Bush

#733 1 year ago
Quoted from Carls83:

Hey all I bought a LE last month and had no idea until I read this forum that mine the Cleland code.. I presumed these were standard songs/videos and now I have no idea what the standard game is like lol. You are a legend Cleland this is great work. So, to make sure I'm understanding correctly, if I ever do a Stern update it will lose the Cleland code? How do I see what version of Cleland code I have currently? Sounds like I'm a few versions behind..I don't have never ending story or Kate Bush

When you turn the game on the code version will pop up on the screen during startup.

#734 1 year ago
Quoted from Carls83:

Cleland's code is at ver 1.05.

And yes, if you do a Stern update (currently at ver 1.07) you will lose his code.

You can send him a PM and he will provide a link to the newest code.

#735 1 year ago

Thanks guys for the answers... i am running 1.2..and he sent me the links already yay. Super excited. Still can't believe I thought these amazing features were stock. The game would not be the same without them. How do I donate?

Added 19 months ago:

Found his PayPal email for donations! All good

#736 1 year ago

Yeah.. just installed this and it's really great. Just have to say that as a Pro owner I don't even want the projector anymore even if there was a mod because the video is so much better, clear and in the middle of the larger screen. I wanted it for the attract mode but with this it's like the best attract mode ever for the room without doubling it up, with the best scenes from the different seasons as a fan. Great job everyone. If can do it with the new code, great but if not, my game is staying like this. Thanks

#737 1 year ago

Question, I just updated to the latest code ( I think ) for my premium machine. It plays the new videos but I believe I used to be able to tap on the flapper and the music started playing? Did I just dream that or is that how it used to work? Also, it plays the videos and goes back to the high score right? Just wanted to make sure I did it right. Thanks

#738 1 year ago
Quoted from blasius01:

I believe I used to be able to tap on the flapper and the music started playing?

Hold both flippers to open the screen to select "jukebox" or competition mode or final showdown, and press start.

#739 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Hold both flippers to open the screen to select "jukebox" or competition mode or final showdown, and press start.

Hummm I feel like I didn’t have to do that before. Could be wrong though

#740 1 year ago

Haven't seen this covered, but apologies if this has been answered earlier in the thread.

I'm running the original 1.05 Cleland mix on my Premium, which I realise isn't compatible with Stern Insider. If I switched the SD card out for the version with the official Stern code and updated to 1.07, and then used the Home Team workaround to sign the machine up to Insider, would I be able to use the 1.07 SD card for Insider, and the 1.05 Cleland SD card for when I want to play the better version of the game without Insider?

#741 1 year ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Haven't seen this covered, but apologies if this has been answered earlier in the thread.
I'm running the original 1.05 Cleland mix on my Premium, which I realise isn't compatible with Stern Insider. If I switched the SD card out for the version with the official Stern code and updated to 1.07, and then used the Home Team workaround to sign the machine up to Insider, would I be able to use the 1.07 SD card for Insider, and the 1.05 Cleland SD card for when I want to play the better version of the game without Insider?

I'm running 1.05 with insider connected. It requires the reader on the machine and doesn't have the Home Team functionality, however.

1 week later
#742 1 year ago

Don’t post here much. Proud donator to the cause and love everything Cleland touches.

Just want to confirm that cleland’s code doesn’t work with IC.

Have IC on my DP and love it. But couldn’t live without Clelands code.

#743 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Don’t post here much. Proud donator to the cause and love everything Cleland touches.
Just want to confirm that cleland’s code doesn’t work with IC.
Have IC on my DP and love it. But couldn’t live without Clelands code.

It does work with IC just not with the latest version that allows home option.

#744 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

It does work with IC just not with the latest version that allows home option.

Sorry I don’t understand the home option.

#745 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Sorry I don’t understand the home option.

If you install the cleland code, it will be using stern 1.05 code version which IC works. Sterns latest code is 1.07 and it has some a new “home team” feature that allows you not to login IC every time you want to play. If you want cleland code he’s only been able to install on 1.05 version for now.

#746 1 year ago

Okay good to know I’m glad it works. Im running 1.05 now and have no issues signing in all the time.

2 weeks later
#747 1 year ago

I picked up a pro that says it’s running stern V 1.05. It has Clelands code because it plays Don’t Mess Around with Jim during entering initials. Is this the version everybody is running? It sounds like he may have done a few different versions with clips from seasons 3 and 4 and maybe some different songs? I haven’t gotten deep enough into the game to see a lot of it.

#748 1 year ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I picked up a pro that says it’s running stern V 1.05. It has Clelands code because it plays Don’t Mess Around with Jim during entering initials. Is this the version everybody is running? It sounds like he may have done a few different versions with clips from seasons 3 and 4 and maybe some different songs? I haven’t gotten deep enough into the game to see a lot of it.

If you look at the post below (didn't know how to link it) there's 3 versions.

I'm more of a purist and don't want season 3 & 4 in the pin. However, I'm using the Kate Bush version. The song plays during one mode and the modes are random. You don't get to hear it that often.

To each their own.

Quoted from cleland:

Some good conversations going on here, thanks!
While I don't want to offer up like 8 different versions which would just be nuts to keep track of.
I'm probably just going to make it 3 versions.
Purist Version (only seasons 1 and 2 which the game is based off) This is already done, and what most are running.
Kate Bush Version (which is my preference since that song is so epic and I love it)
All Out Version (which I will include: some new sound bytes from seasons 3 & 4, Metallica, and Never Ending Story....and maybe some other things that peak my interest
Stand by......

#749 1 year ago

I’m assuming I am running the purist version. I’ll leave it alone until I can get deeper into the game to see more of it. I’ll save the 4 seasons version if I ever feel like the game is getting stale. But right now I’m loving it!

#750 1 year ago

Good idea.

I'm going to save the season 3-5 call outs for the vault version they release in 8 years that covers the later seasons.

One can dream right?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 993 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-cleland-sound-mod/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.