BBAFA2A8-D339-4F9C-8874-20D81E2FF74B (resized).jpeg
F526F268-B580-4D92-903B-09D52C56BFEA (resized).jpeg
theme_bg_music (resized).png
rock_bg_music (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
91EBC2BA-BB46-49A8-AA3E-4C7CD50FAA6F (resized).jpeg
7F87BF3E-8504-4640-934F-74D3961CD11E (resized).png
ST (resized).png
There are 993 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 20.
#651 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Let me know if Pinball Browser opens the new version up. I can't try until tomorrow.

It does not work yet with any I've tried. Sounds tab is missing and when closing and opening the image back up, Unknown Firmware error.

#652 1 year ago

Those sneaky bastards at Stern!

#653 1 year ago

My guess is they will try to keep all the games with the same ic features going forward. Likely to see many more updates with minimal of any core game changes. They can't have older games with different ic features. That would be a customer nightmare.

#654 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

It does not work yet with any I've tried. Sounds tab is missing and when closing and opening the image back up, Unknown Firmware error.

I figured so, and at this point I think I'm done with any changes to GOTG and Stranger Things. Insider Connected is not for me in the home environment, and code is done on both of those games for the home.

#655 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

I figured so, and at this point I think I'm done with any changes to GOTG and Stranger Things. Insider Connected is not for me in the home environment, and code is done on both of those games for the home.

So will there be one final cleland update with PoMC attract videos using the code prior to todays update? Just want to clarify. Thanks!

#656 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

So will there be one final cleland update with PoMC attract videos using the code prior to todays update? Just want to clarify. Thanks!

Yes, I will have the "attract mode video versions" of 1.05 in addition to the V1-V3 available and that will probably do it. If you want all of the BS online features moving on, then you will have to play the stock code at your local parlor.

#657 1 year ago

1.05 is good enough for me! ( I do like the promise of insider connected but rolling back to the not-cleland audio mix today made me sad.)

The home team stuff doesn't even work for me as we still use quarters at home. looking forward to it.

#658 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

1.05 is good enough for me! ( I do like the promise of insider connected but rolling back to the not-cleland audio mix today made me sad.)
The home team stuff doesn't even work for me as we still use quarters at home. looking forward to it.

You still use quarters at home? I mean it's your game but people are going to see that as devaluing your game if or when you go to sell it.

I'm sure you don't care, just saying...

#659 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

You still use quarters at home? I mean it's your game but people are going to see that as devaluing your game if or when you go to sell it.

Not sure I understand, why using quarter in your home game would have any impact on the value of the game ? If you want you can easily set it to Freeplay

I actually bought coin validator specifically for using metal coins to play, to give a more authentic feeling.

#660 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

If anyone is giving me a problem when I sell a game because I put coins through it I'd ask them to leave and cancel the sale. Not the type of person I'd want to deal with. Probably the same people who care about less than 500 plays. My stranger things has close to 5k games on it now. Play them and enjoy them. Just care for them properly and they will hold value.

#661 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Not sure I understand, why using quarter in your home game would have any impact on the value of the game ? If you want you can easily set it to Freeplay
I actually bought coin validator specifically for using metal coins to play, to give a more authentic feeling.

When you sell it, some people (certainly not all, not me!) will ask to see audits including number of paid plays. They may suspect the game was out on location somewhere getting beat up vs only being in your home. My kids liked doing quarters in the beginning but we don’t anymore (not because of this but because we own the pins

Enjoy pinball your way!

#662 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

If anyone is giving me a problem when I sell a game because I put coins through it I'd ask them to leave and cancel the sale. Not the type of person I'd want to deal with. Probably the same people who care about less than 500 plays. My stranger things has close to 5k games on it now. Play them and enjoy them. Just care for them properly and they will hold value.

Love it! When I sell I always promote clearly number of plays as a sign of how fun the game is. I had a guy back out on a deal once because his pin had fewer plays than mine! Lol

#663 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I just sold my Stranger Things and that is one of the first things the buyer wanted to see was if coins were ran through it in the audits menu. I imagine that was their way to determine if it was routed or not.

I know this may all sound funny to you and I am not saying it isn't, I am just sharing my experience.

#664 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I just sold my Stranger Things and that is one of the first things the buyer wanted to see was if coins were ran through it in the audits menu. I imagine that was their way to determine if it was routed or not.
I know this may all sound funny to you and I am not saying it isn't, I am just sharing my experience.

Condition is king. I've seen routed games in better condition than home games. Many non op people don't know how to care for them.

#665 1 year ago

Condition is king. I've seen routed games in better condition than home games

I 100% agree but not everyone thinks the same.

#666 1 year ago

Super bummed the updates are ending. IC is great and the updates have only made it better

#667 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I 100% agree but not everyone thinks the same.

And I'll happily not do business with them. There are so many people out there who want to buy I don't need to deal with headaches.

#668 1 year ago

And I'll happily not do business with them. There are so many people out there who want to buy I don't need to deal with headaches.

Understood. I'm sure they feel the same so it's win, win!

I never understood why play count was so important anyways. It was never even a thing before Stern added it to their machines. No one cared...

#669 1 year ago

I've been noting the audits before I start as a way of documenting HUO, but with coins.

On top of enjoying the sound and aesthetic of coins, I buy the coins back periodically and we donate the proceeds to charity. (It's my way of justifying an EXTRAVAGANT hobby)

#670 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Understood. I'm sure they feel the same so it's win, win!
I never understood why play count was so important anyways. It was never even a thing before Stern added it to their machines. No one cared...

Plus it was never accurate in the first place and still isn't. I can swap cpu boards with one of my newer machines and suddenly my stranger things has less than 1k plays on it. If someone asks I'll happy tell them the history I know but many times who knows. I run coins thru mine to test them and sometimes will put them on coin when I have a party. I'm really.not worrying about it.

#671 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

When you sell it, some people (certainly not all, not me!) will ask to see audits including number of paid plays. They may suspect the game was out on location somewhere getting beat up vs only being in your home. My kids liked doing quarters in the beginning but we don’t anymore (not because of this but because we own the pins
Enjoy pinball your way!

Ah got it. Makes sense (in a certain twisted sort of way).

#672 1 year ago

Yes. I understand their are ways to cheat the system, all seems to be more trouble than it's worth.

So yeah, many types of collectors. Everyone wants everything to be perfect it seems.

#673 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Yes, I will have the "attract mode video versions" of 1.05 in addition to the V1-V3 available and that will probably do it. If you want all of the BS online features moving on, then you will have to play the stock code at your local parlor.

Well that sucks! I was hoping to get to use it on 1.06, but i guess stern made that impossible now. All i can say is... "THE FUCK?!"

#674 1 year ago
Quoted from maxharvard:

Well that sucks! I was hoping to get to use it on 1.06, but i guess stern made that impossible now. All i can say is... "THE FUCK?!"

I'm kinda just pissed at Stern in general (I'm still upset I Can't get a GOTG Topper for a game that's still in production).
If Pinball Browser gets an update to open the new 1.06 I could be persuaded to update my options.

#675 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

I'm kinda just pissed at Stern in general (I'm still upset I Can't get a GOTG Topper for a game that's still in production).
If Pinball Browser gets an update to open the new 1.06 I could be persuaded to update my options.

That'd be great if that happens. I really want the new music/scenes to be updated. Really would make the game have a lot of replayability.

#676 1 year ago
Quoted from maxharvard:

That'd be great if that happens. I really want the new music/scenes to be updated. Really would make the game have a lot of replayability.

I think the game will have the new music/scenes but it will be on 1.05 only. I guess just don’t update game to 1.06 since it’s only a insider connect update anyway from my understanding

#677 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Yeah that elusive GOTG topper. I recall when there were piles of them and they were considered expensive at less than $700 haha

#678 1 year ago

Wasn’t there a long delay before 1.05 was available to edit with the browser? Maybe this will be a similar situation.

#679 1 year ago

You guys are the best! Can't wait to try out new videos and music

#680 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

Wasn’t there a long delay before 1.05 was available to edit with the browser? Maybe this will be a similar situation.

Yes, there was.

#681 1 year ago

Either way, thanks for all you have done! I like the insider connect because I like to see how many achievements I have collected. Not
Interested in competing with others. It just gives me one more thing to do with my game

Quoted from cleland:

#682 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Master of Puppets, hell that is back when Metallica didn't suck. The good old days.

That’s super easy - Motörhead of course. Keep wishing Spooky would run with that theme: All black and white only and touch of red maybe… flippin to “love me like a reptile”

#683 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Like so many others, I'd much rather be on 1.05 with the Attract mode videos and any Cleland updates.

Also, folks, when this is ready don't forget to toss a thank you ($$) at Cleland and POMC (If he is accepting donations). These updates take time.

#684 1 year ago

I’m ready to donate. Is there an eta when it might be ready?

#685 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

I’m ready to donate. Is there an eta when it might be ready?

I've been working with PoMC to polish up the attract mode videos. We will be ready to share soon! I have 24 PM's, so please be patient and I will get to each and every one of you. Thanks!

#686 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

I've been working with PoMC to polish up the attract mode videos. We will be ready to share soon! I have 24 PM's, so please be patient and I will get to each and every one of you. Thanks!

Yup, just sent another set of files for testing. Should be ready shortly.

#687 1 year ago

I was just checking on this.. so the enhancements are attract videos, the running up the hill song or whatever its called.. did Met make it in. Ready to get this update going!

1 week later
#688 1 year ago

Hi,
News project vidéo ?

#689 1 year ago

Sorry for the delay on the tutorial replaced video versions. There was a bug in the images that PoMC put so much effort into.
Some of the videos didn't show up on my machine even though they were visible in Pinball Browser.
After numerous attempts, I finally solved the problem simply by exporting the videos, and then re-importing them back in on my computer.

Anyway, I am applying the changes to V2 and V3 versions for Pro and LE images and will be sending out info late tonight or early tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience.

#691 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Sorry for the delay on the tutorial replaced video versions. There was a bug in the images that PoMC put so much effort into.
Some of the videos didn't show up on my machine even though they were visible in Pinball Browser.
After numerous attempts, I finally solved the problem simply by exporting the videos, and then re-importing them back in on my computer.
Anyway, I am applying the changes to V2 and V3 versions for Pro and LE images and will be sending out info late tonight or early tomorrow.
Thanks for your patience.

You are awesome! Thank you!

#692 1 year ago

Thank you..You guys are awesome!!! Can't wait

#693 1 year ago

Great job guys. Really looking forward to seeing this in action!

#694 1 year ago

Sorry guys, I've been having many issues testing on my Pro, but I think I finally have a stable version.
Can someone with an LE/Premium beta test a version for me before I blast all these links out?
I'll take the first response, as I have dozens and dozens of people waiting for this update and don't have time to sort.

Thanks

#695 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Sorry guys, I've been having many issues testing on my Pro, but I think I finally have a stable version.
Can someone with an LE/Premium beta test a version for me before I blast all these links out?
I'll take the first response, as I have dozens and dozens of people waiting for this update and don't have time to sort.
Thanks

I am happy to try it out on my premium if you haven't found someone already. I will be home later tonight and hopefully could try it then

#696 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks

I am happy to test on my premium, as well. Thanks for the work you have been putting in.

#697 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I am happy to try it out on my premium if you haven't found someone already. I will be home later tonight and hopefully could try it then

Quoted from pinballmike150:

I am happy to test on my premium, as well. Thanks for the work you have been putting in.

PM sent to both of you. I'm guessing the Tutorial videos are on the main display like the pro, and not on the projector.

#698 1 year ago

I'm happy to test on my LE also

#699 1 year ago

Cleland! I'd like to add myself to the list for the updated code! I'm running your version of 1.02 and would love to go to 1.05.
Stranger Things is my wife's favorite game in the collection. I'm going to PM you to see if you can send me it when ready.
Thanks for all you guys awesome work!

#700 1 year ago

OK, I finally have the 1.05 Tutorial Video Replacement versions available for both Pro and LE/Premium Versions 2, and 3.

V2 now includes Master of Puppets, original Tame Impala end game music, and Don't mess around with Jim High Score Entry
V3 changes end game music to Clash/Should I Stay or Go/Tame Impala Combo mix, and Never Ending Story High Score Entry

I responded to all PM's, but if I missed you hit me up again for the info. I'll post a video to YouTube to show what the scenes are in attraction mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

There are 993 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-cleland-sound-mod/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.