BBAFA2A8-D339-4F9C-8874-20D81E2FF74B (resized).jpeg
F526F268-B580-4D92-903B-09D52C56BFEA (resized).jpeg
theme_bg_music (resized).png
rock_bg_music (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
91EBC2BA-BB46-49A8-AA3E-4C7CD50FAA6F (resized).jpeg
7F87BF3E-8504-4640-934F-74D3961CD11E (resized).png
ST (resized).png
There are 993 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 20.
#501 1 year ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

cleland Is there a place to sneak in "Running Up That Hill"?

Open to suggestions. Another Pinsider said "Get Me Out" might be a good fit. I'll try that first this weekend and see how it plays.

#502 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Open to suggestions. Another Pinsider said "Get Me Out" might be a good fit. I'll try that first this weekend and see how it plays.

Awesome. Running up that hill really has the right vibe and is now synonymous with the show.

#503 1 year ago

Well this opens up a can of worms. I found this 12" remix on YouTube and really like it.
The Get Me Out mode music is only 1:16, so I would have to make a good loop. Thoughts? or stick to the original?

#504 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Well this opens up a can of worms. I found this 12" remix on YouTube and really like it.
The Get Me Out mode music is only 1:16, so I would have to make a good loop. Thoughts? or stick to the original?

There is a lot of down time in that mix, so would cutting it down to 1:16 to get the essence of the song make it very similar to the original? Either way I'm good!

#505 1 year ago

I'd love to see a Kate Bush version of the code

#506 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I'd love to see a Kate Bush version of the code

I think I nailed it! Here's some video with the glass off

#507 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Awesome!

#508 1 year ago

Code ready for premium or are you still working on upgrades and changes?

#509 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

You nailed it! I'd love to try an LE version of this code.

#510 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Code ready for premium or are you still working on upgrades and changes?

Quoted from twenty84:

You nailed it! I'd love to try an LE version of this code.

I have updated both Pro and LE/Premium code.
If anyone wants to update, shoot me a PM. Now I'm just shooting for the Pop Bumpers to cycle to Get Me Out mode all the time

#511 1 year ago

YES!!!!!

#512 1 year ago

Hey can anyone confirm if cleland’s sound mod for 1.05 will work with insider connected?

#513 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

Hey can anyone confirm if cleland’s sound mod for 1.05 will work with insider connected?

He says it does

#514 1 year ago

It does, tested it

Sidenote @cleland, since you have both 1.02 and 1.05 the rom handy , would you mind extracting one video and compare the picture quality between the two (Premium, videos that are being displayed on the projector) ?

1.05 has really degraded picture quality on the projector, and I really wonder if they did not do it on purpose to save space by reducing compressed video quality

I admit, I have them I could check as well, but my PB licence is on another computer than what I'm currently using (since it's tied to the MAC adress), plus I'm not sure if it has not expired anyway

If the compression ratio (or resolution) of the video do explain the difference, hopefully it can be replaced (since Stern apparently does not really care)

Cheers

#515 1 year ago

I think you should keep the version without Kate Bush available as well.

#516 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Awesome! Though I also think Tram 'Em would work since you can get it more consistently and the music on those kind of blows anyways.

#517 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I think you should keep the version without Kate Bush available as well.

This is hard, because it’s his mod and he is providing it for free for us, but also a lot of us only want stuff from season 1/2 in the machine because that’s what it covers while others want stuff from all the seasons. He can’t please everyone with something he is spending hours on for free.

#518 1 year ago

Yes, I always try to make sound changes to only enhance the game for what it is, and not just try and shove things in there.
This is why I could never find a spot for Never Ending Story, it just doesn't fit anywhere.
I think Kate Bush in the Get Me Out mode works well in this case though. You won't see that mode every game, so it's kind of a nice surprise.
Plus, it is such a huge part of Season 4 and they way I broke it down is mostly instrumental.

Anyway, you are right...You Can't Please Everyone

#519 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Yes, I always try to make sound changes to only enhance the game for what it is, and not just try and shove things in there.
This is why I could never find a spot for Never Ending Story, it just doesn't fit anywhere.
I think Kate Bush in the Get Me Out mode works well in this case though. You won't see that mode every game, so it's kind of a nice surprise.
Plus, it is such a huge part of Season 4 and they way I broke it down is mostly instrumental.

I am more than happy with the version I have without the Kate Bush song currently. I was just saying that you should make that available to people as well since it has already been created, I would not just toss it to the side.

My main complaint about the Kate Bush song is that it has nothing to do with the seasons the game is based on, same with Never Ending Story. I think up until this point everything you had included deals with the first two seasons but I could be wrong...

#520 1 year ago

I think you picked a great mode for it. I like the song enough that I may actually try it for the main multiball - but I doubt it will work as well there.

Worrying over what season a song happened in is getting into hardcore “nerd fight” territory. I could care less about that, if a song fits the theme and works well with a mode.

#521 1 year ago

Well Said

Quoted from swampfire:

I think you picked a great mode for it. I like the song enough that I may actually try it for the main multiball - but I doubt it will work as well there.
Worrying over what season a song happened in is getting into hardcore “nerd fight” territory. I could care less about that, if a song fits the theme and works well with a mode.

#522 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

dude….money!!! Love it!!!

#523 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Never ending story is lame ! Kate Bush all day my man. This makes me want to get another STh stat!! Lol

#524 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Never ending story is lame ! Kate Bush all day my man. This makes me want to get another STh stat!! Lol

The Kate Bush song is pretty horrible IMO.

1 week later
#525 1 year ago

I finally got to installing the sound mod and it's great!

Thank you so much for sharing you work.

#526 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

The Kate Bush song is pretty horrible IMO.

Running Up That Hill is a low key banger, that the show really made shine.

#527 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Running Up That Hill is a low key banger, that the show really made shine.

I installed the version without this song.

At some point if the sound mod develops more with this song in it, I'll install it but for right now the only difference is this song.

The song is not impossible to listen to, my main complaint is it doesn't have anything to do with the seasons the game is based on.

#528 1 year ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

On my STh Premium I'm ready to be Insider Connected AND have that great cleland audio. I don't want to, but I'm just about ready to give up having both. Sadly, with a $200 investment, IC wins. sigh.

After waiting a little while for others to say the sound is finally "good", I did the v1.05 Premium cleland update along with Insider Connect. Played several games and all is working great! Not to crazy about the possible Kate Bush changes but I'll Go With The Flow! Bottom line - Great Sound - Great Game!

#529 1 year ago

Love the running up the hill update. I will pm for code.

Side note… Kate Bush is making 1mil/week in royalties thanks to the show. What a great retirement. I love that!

#530 1 year ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

After waiting a little while for others to say the sound is finally "good", I did the v1.05 Premium cleland update along with Insider Connect. Played several games and all is working great! Not to crazy about the possible Kate Bush changes but I'll Go With The Flow! Bottom line - Great Sound - Great Game!

Just role with the version prior to the newest one, the only difference is no Kate Bush. It's perfect!

#531 1 year ago

Dont forget to throw some love Cleland's way for this amazing sound mod. I'm sure he welcomes donations for his time and hard work!

#532 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Dont forget to throw some love Cleland's way for this amazing sound mod. I'm sure he welcomes donations for his time and hard work!

Already done.

#533 1 year ago

Hey all I bought a STh pro about 2 weeks ago that has the Cleland sound in it. How do I check what version it's running? Just want to make sure I'm up to date on all the new sounds. Thanks!

#534 1 year ago
Quoted from Antron77:

Hey all I bought a STh pro about 2 weeks ago that has the Cleland sound in it. How do I check what version it's running? Just want to make sure I'm up to date on all the new sounds. Thanks!

When you boot the game, what ever Stern version it is. If it is anything below V1.05 you are going to want to update but even then you may not have the version with Kate Bush. If it's V1.05 and you have the Kate Bush song, it is the latest version from him.

Just go into the test menu and play the songs, you can check it that way.

#535 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

When you boot the game, what ever Stern version it is. If it is anything below V1.05 you are going to want to update but even then you may not have the version with Kate Bush. If it's V1.05 and you have the Kate Bush song, it is the latest version from him.
Just go into the test menu and play the songs, you can check it that way.

Thanks! Just checked and I'm on v1.05 so all good. Appreciate the response

#536 1 year ago
Quoted from Antron77:

Thanks! Just checked and I'm on v1.05 so all good. Appreciate the response

Yeah. As long as your machine doesn't have static when it plays the songs you should be good. Also make sure your Insider Connected works if you have one but after that, you either have one of the two versions... With or without Kate Bush as far as I know.

#537 1 year ago

Hey Cleland, i cannot PM right now due to my new account status... can you DM me the link to the 1.05 Pro? Thank you.

#538 1 year ago
Quoted from maxharvard:

Hey Cleland, i cannot PM right now due to my new account status... can you DM me the link to the 1.05 Pro? Thank you.

Done, and enjoy!

#539 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Done, and enjoy!

After watching season 4 finale Kate Bush fits 100% in the „Get me out“ mode. ❤️

Thank you @cleland!!!!!

BBAFA2A8-D339-4F9C-8874-20D81E2FF74B (resized).jpegBBAFA2A8-D339-4F9C-8874-20D81E2FF74B (resized).jpeg
#540 1 year ago

may i get a link to the new code. kate bush rocks!

#541 1 year ago

just bought a 64 gb sd card, to be ready
Once i get a link, ill be ready to go to the upside downand run up that hill

#542 1 year ago

Anyone have the 1.05 code for the pro without the Kate Bush they can send me.

#543 1 year ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

Anyone have the 1.05 code for the pro without the Kate Bush they can send me.

I have it but I am not sure how to go about sending it.

#544 1 year ago

cleland any chance Master of Puppets could be added somehow? Maybe to a demogorgan or demodog battle or maybe 1 part of final battle?
Thanks for all that you do!

#545 1 year ago

Master of puppets would be awesome

Perhaps at "Operation Mircwood" or final battle

#546 1 year ago

Yes please add master of puppets!

#547 1 year ago

Haha, Eddie playing Master of Puppets was a pretty cool scene. I myself don't feel like I'd want it in my machine, but I could be persuaded to make a custom alternate version if there was enough interest. I don't think it's a good fit for Operation Mirkwood, but maybe one of the Demogorgan modes.

#548 1 year ago

The last demodog mode could possibly be modified both video and music. Never did care for the bat swinging but progressing through the song bits as you hit shots would be cool.

#549 1 year ago

There is not enough thrash metal in pinball…please god put Master of Puppets as the Demogorgan multi ball track. Having it start just before the solo section would be mind melting… approximately 5:38- 6:48 on loop

Quoted from cleland:

Haha, Eddie playing Master of Puppets was a pretty cool scene. I myself don't feel like I'd want it in my machine, but I could be persuaded to make a custom alternate version if there was enough interest. I don't think it's a good fit for Operation Mirkwood, but maybe one of the Demogorgan modes.

#550 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

If you'd be so kind there's clearly interest and well give you so much love bro! How about final demodog or final demogorgan mode? Or demo MB as suggested. Would be happy to donate again for this one

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 993 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-cleland-sound-mod/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.