Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by brainmegaphone
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I have a really nice twister with no corrosion or board repairs. The skill shot senses the ball hitting the electro magnet in the spinning disk but what my son discovered is that most of the time if you push and hold the left flipper button it will score you as having made the skill shot with out ever launching the ball. Bad diode or what? How should I start looking for this?

#2 2 years ago

no ideas?

#3 2 years ago

I'm not a lot of help, but I like Twister quite a bit.

I had a Gorgar that whenever I pressed the left flipper it would play a sound it shouldn't have.

I don't know if it's the diode on the flipper coil or not, but it's really easy to check and most of us have 1n4004's lying around, I know I do.

1 week later
#5 2 years ago

Thanks so much for the service bulletin. I had seen the other bulletin about blowing the magnet fuse but never performed it. I will get the parts on order and take care of this.

Thanks

#6 2 years ago

Let us know if it resolves it. I presume it will. Good luck.

1 week later
#7 2 years ago

The service bulletin fixed the issue. Oddly there was a resistor in place of the neon tube already and looked factory. The d13 diode was shorted out and I doubled them up. Why would they double up the diode and not replace with one of higher wattage?

#8 2 years ago

I wondered the same thing myself. Some other tech person will have to answer that because it's above my knowledge!

Glad your game is fixed!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 625.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside