• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by markb
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hi there. I was playing my SS the other day and the game just stopped and said "Check outlane switch or fuse" resetting the machine just gave the same error message and the balls locked in the atom smasher did not release on reset. Once I manually got the balls from the atom smasher and the machine had all 5 balls in the trough the machine would boot up as normal and let you start a game, however none of the solenoids work!

I've checked TP4 on the power board and you get around 45 V DC and I've also checked R1 which seems OK.

However the coils don't seem to be getting power.

I've managed to find 3 1A fuses under the playfield 2 in the bottom left and 1 central just behind the flippers and these fuses seem fine. However the one behind the flippers is not getting power not sure about the two at the bottom.

Are there any other other fuses that I've missed??

Also, when running a solenoid check on the machine none of the coils activate however the transistors do switch the neon light topper, back light and you can hear the 'single solenoid' relay click when tested.

Any thoughts? Bit stuck at the moment.

Thanks

#4 9 years ago

Hi all, thanks for the advice. Have a update for you all.

Had already checked FU1 and it was ok but checked it again....still ok. Point of note FU1 is before the bridge rectifier as it was AC so I guess that no FU1 no TP4

Anyway pulled the three 1A fuses under the playfield.....again all ok

Got my DMM and tried to see what voltages were present at the 1A fuses..... all around 0.25V i.e noise. Still no where near sorting this out.

Then i used the DMM to check the voltage on the three lugs for the flipper coils. Again only nominal voltages on the RH coil, however when I checked the LH coil there was that familiar electro-mechanical noises and all the solenoids began to work again faultlessly.

Switched it off and retested, has a few games and it seems fine.

Any ideas anyone!

#6 9 years ago

Yeah. Good chance it's probably that. I'll have a look under the PF when I get a minute. At least the control boards not fried.

Thanks to everyone who helped. Gotta love PS!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strange-science6803-no-solenoids?tu=markb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.