pasted_image (resized).png
20180324_202450 (resized).jpg
20180324_202445 (resized).jpg
20180324_202440 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

hi all

I am working on a Strange Science bally 6803 machine. the right flipper coil was removed and brought in. I am not sure how it wires up. Manual shcematic is so so. Could someone post a good pic of the lower right flipper coil showing which wires go to which lugs.

Thanks

#2 5 years ago

What are your wire colors, per the schematic should be 95 and 60 = Grey / White and Brown solid...
I'm trying to compare to Atlantis, but did not label my images left / right... I've got grey/white, violet solid..

20180324_202440 (resized).jpg20180324_202440 (resized).jpg20180324_202445 (resized).jpg20180324_202445 (resized).jpg20180324_202450 (resized).jpg20180324_202450 (resized).jpgpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 5 years ago

The pics above are from a Williams design flipper. You want pics of a Bally linear flipper.

Unfortunately, my Strange Science is folded up in storage so I can't take pics for you, but if you go by the schematic above you should have:

Outer lug of coil with BANDED end of diode: Solid brown wire from harness and one wire going to first (normally closed) EOS switch.

Center lug: Second wire going to first (normally closed) EOS switch.

Outer lug of coil with NON-BANDED end of diode: Grey/white wire from harness and one wire going to 2nd (normally open) EOS switch. The other wire of the 2nd (normally open) EOS switch should be grey/black which goes back into the harness and connects to the upper flipper.

You can compare this to the left flipper. You should have the same connections on the outer lug with banded end of diode as well as the center lug. The wire on the outer lug with non-banded end of diode should be solid grey and will be the only wire on that lug since there isn't a 2nd EOS switch on the left flipper.

#4 5 years ago

thanks for the help. yeah i finally figured out their color code thing. neat but just as easy to write it lol. Dothedoo great description. I am trying to do this right and not screw things up.

The other issue that i am having is that none of the coils are firing in test mode. The fuse under the playfield is good. so i am kinda lost on what to do next.

#5 5 years ago

Make sure you have power on all of the coils. If so, check all your connections between the playfield and driver board.

#6 5 years ago

I can take pics tomorrow.....though mine has been played with I do believe it us wired correctly. If you search here there are threads on flippers for Strange Science. ....mostly upper but pics of lowers also.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strange-science-under-playfield-flipper-pic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.