Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_1727.JPG
photo-12.JPG
photo-11.JPG
photo_3.JPG
photo_2-1.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hotmach4u.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 11 years ago

i have always questioned what the pitch of this game should be. i hear this complaint alot. went as far as using power ball on mine to improve game play.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

I had the same problem with mine and it requires three fixes. First, you need to adjust the EOS switch. If that doesn't fix it you need to replace the upper flipper coil with the strongest coil possible. (I sold the game so I can't look at it for you but I think it had a green wrapper and was for an EM machine.) If those two fixes don't work, you will need to rebuild the flipper using the older style, non-linear flipper. The parts can be purchased from Pinball Resource.

do you have a link for the older style non-linear flippers you talk about

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from Ripcord:

What's a "power ball"? The ball from Twilight Zone? Seems like that'd be lighter and wouldn't play as well, how does it help?
I get the feeling this game - where I can hardly make it up ramps, can't get to the atom smasher for multiball, etc, even though I have it at like a negative 5% pitch - is probably only 1/3 as fun as it could be. So if there are drop-in ball replacements that'd help, that'd be great =)
Edit: Holy crap those ceramic ones are expensive

my pitch is around 5 also, check everything out like everyone says and if it ok you might like trying powerballs or sometimes called navi balls. pinball life has the cheapest, they are lighter and make loading the smasher and knocking out balls in front easier. also get more action in the pop bumpers. i bought one just to try, liked it so i bought the rest. they are pricey but i plan on keeping the machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hotmach4u.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strange-science-the-atom-smasher?tu=hotmach4u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.