Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_1727.JPG
photo-12.JPG
photo-11.JPG
photo_3.JPG
photo_2-1.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider donjagra.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 11 years ago

I was having problems with my upper flipper too. It might be time for a new coil.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strange-science-upper-flipper-problem

#8 11 years ago

Yeah, they should be coming up as the ball hits the first switch on entry. I am going to have to think about why yours would be waiting. Does that switch work on the switch edges?

#14 11 years ago

No, it is much more likely to be a misalignment. Take it apart, clean it, and put in a new coil sleeve.

#18 11 years ago

The caps are to suppress the sparks from the high voltage. And you should change the EOS if you haven't. They power the upper flipper. I would like to see a pic of yours to see how they are wired on the double flipper.

#31 11 years ago

Replace the upper coil and the double EOS switches. The original coil has a brass sleve and will bind. The EOS switches are high voltage and may look good but conduct poorly. That second EOS is how power gets to the upper coil.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Ripcord:

So the second EOS switch, when closed, provides all power to the upper coil. It should provide the same input power to the upper coil as the lower coil is receiving.

Yes.

Quoted from Ripcord:

In my case, however, the power that's sent to the upper coil has already been passed through the low-resistance resistor on the lower coil. So power being sent to the upper coil has already been stepped down a bit.

No, the power that goes to the upper flipper is not coming through the lower flipper. The lower flipper only pushes the EOS together to send power up there. The power is separate.

#39 11 years ago

It took me a second to see it. You are right. Fix that, it is definatly sending lower power because it is tied to the lower coil. The photo you linked of mine is pretty clear. Make it look like mine.

#40 11 years ago

The way yours is wired now, it never sends the high power to the upper coil.

#47 11 years ago

Nice work. It is a fun game when it is set up properly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
€ 8.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider donjagra.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strange-science-the-atom-smasher?tu=donjagra and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.