1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Thrillhouse
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-38 (resized).jpg
    Kicker post assy.pdf (PDF preview)

#1 1 year ago

Snatched up a Strange Science that showed up for sale locally. This is my first 6803 game. The left flipper is not working and some of the brackets are worn out. I’m having issues finding some of the parts for these flippers and wondering where you guys with these linear flippers get your pieces. Also the solid state dual relay board is missing and the neon tube is broken so I’m looking for those as well. If anyone has a lead on some of this stuff I would appreciate a heads up. I could also use a picture of how the wiring is connected on the left flipper of someone else’s SS so I could verify the wiring. Thanks for any help!

#2 1 year ago

You can replace the linear flippers with standard flippers. Check past forum topics for the info. Perhaps someone on Pinside can help.
    PinballCenter.eu has a replacement neon tube.

Good luck

#3 1 year ago

You should contact K's Arcade regarding the relay. There are new replacement boards available for the 6803 series so you may not need to replace the relay if you update the board.

#4 1 year ago

Vids guide explains how to deal w these crap linear flippers, follow key points from page one.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers

#5 1 year ago

My preference is to rebuild the 6803 flippers with original hardware replacements to keep the feel of the game, but I can understand why others convert to different style flippers.

Here's the rebuild kits for your flippers: (Bally Rolling Stones 5/80 To Truck Stop (Upper flippers) 11/88)
    http://www.pbresource.com/rebuildkit.html#KT-BFLIP04

I think I have a spare dual solid state relay board - will double check and let you know

#7 1 year ago

Got a dual SS relay board from snakesnsparklers (Thank you very much!). Ordered a neon tube from pinballshop.nl Flipper parts are coming from pbresource. Should have a fully working machine in the next week or two. Thanks for all of the help!

#8 1 year ago

I have a friend that has a Strange Science I fixed up for him.
    It is missing the entire mech under the playfield that is in the left shooter lane.
    Any chance you could snap a Couple of photos of it and post them? I have no idea where to even start or if the parts are still available anywhere.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

I have a friend that has a Strange Science I fixed up for him.
    It is missing the entire mech under the playfield that is in the left shooter lane.
    Any chance you could snap a Couple of photos of it and post them? I have no idea where to even start or if the parts are still available anywhere.

I would be happy to post pictures but I am not sure what you are wanting pictures of. Can you be more specific on what you are looking for?

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from woodmedic:

I would be happy to post pictures but I am not sure what you are wanting pictures of. Can you be more specific on what you are looking for?

Yes thanks.
    In the left outlane is a little kicker that will try and kick the ball back to the in-lane through a one way gate.
    On my friends game this entire device is missing.
    So what I am asking for is a close up shot of the left outlane showing the kicker arm and the underside of the playfield in the same area that shows the coil and bracket.
    The manual has no photos of it that I can find.

#11 1 year ago

Here are the relevant manual pages and a pic from ipdb showing from the top

Kicker post assy.pdf

image-38 (resized).jpg
    #12 1 year ago

Thanks.
    What a weird setup.
    Parts 5 and 9 could be very hard to find.
    The rest look fairly standard.

Now I need to find the page with parts numbers and the type of coil used

#13 1 year ago

That kicker is the same as the one on Medusa's shield of the gods mech and used on a few other games. It's basically the same as the slingshot with a different plastic piece, part #5. I may have one if you are interested.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 59.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 119.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Special When Lit
    $ 89.99
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside