IMG_5162.JPG
IMG_5154.JPG
IMG_5153.JPG
IMG_5151.JPG
IMG_5135.JPG
IMG_5132.JPG
IMG_5130.JPG
#1 12 years ago

Well going to tear down and rebuild my Strange Science. Just wondering if anyone has a Anti Gravity Loop lying around. Mine has a small chip in it and I would like to replace it. I do have a Cliffy protector for it but of course didn't install it as soon as I got it and it chipped. If I don't find one I'm hoping to repair the chip and hopefully the protector will stop it from happening again. Anyone have any advise or experience with a damaged loop and a protector? Just wondering if that will be a fix or if I may have to reenforce it in some way to stop further damage.

Also anyone know of a where to get an LED kit for this machine? I've done some moderate looking but haven't found one yet.

Kim

#2 12 years ago

The Cliffy protector was specifically designed to make the loop playable after it has chipped. If you haven't seen pics on his site, go to passionforpinball.com

1 month later
#3 12 years ago

Thanks again Cliffy, the protector works great.

IMG_5130.JPGIMG_5130.JPG IMG_5132.JPGIMG_5132.JPG IMG_5135.JPGIMG_5135.JPG

#4 12 years ago

Only thing is... it seemed to make the mylar fall off.

IMG_5151.JPGIMG_5151.JPG IMG_5153.JPGIMG_5153.JPG IMG_5154.JPGIMG_5154.JPG

#5 12 years ago

It...Is...ALLLLLIVE!
Man that PF looks great!

#6 12 years ago

It looks a lot better without the Mylar. Now I need the goo gone and some elbow grease and it will be RADICAL!

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

It looks a lot better without the Mylar. Now I need the goo gone and some elbow grease and it will be Radical!

No Radical is actually a different machine.

When can I put my initials up on that thing?

#8 12 years ago

EEE, you were right, it has needed a lot of work. I adjusted the leaf switched(no more bubble bonus), installed the new ramp, rebuilt the squawk board, changed out some transistors, and now started the Mylar. I think it will also need some new EOS for the flippers, but it is getting close. I will have you try it out when it is done.

1 week later
#9 11 years ago

The mylar and the goop are gone. Nothing a magic eraser and some goo-gone couldn't take care of. The playfield turned out great. And the new ramp is crystal clear. I was amazed at how much thicker the repo ramp is compared to the original, I would recommend that if you are thinking about getting a repo ramp, do it.

IMG_5162.JPGIMG_5162.JPG IMG_5164.JPGIMG_5164.JPG IMG_5163.JPGIMG_5163.JPG

#10 11 years ago

Nice! I just bought a SS myself. Can't wait to get it.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I just bought a SS myself. Can't wait to get it.

Congratulations, if yours is anything like mine, it is going to need some TLC. I have to admit, for an older game, I have been having a lot of fun playing it. I have learned a lot fixing up this one. So if you get stuck, I can always snap a shot or two.

On a side note, I was a little surprised to see it in your collection Coaster. Get tired of playing the MM?

Ω

#12 11 years ago

I still have never had my MM in my home. I bought it in the winter and had it sent straight to HEP. He still has it. I hope to get it as soon as he is done with it of coarse. Meanwhile, I picked up Tommy this weekend and SS will be coming via freight carrier next week.
SS always looked cool to me so when I saw a decent one for sale I grabbed it. Loving Tommy so far too. What a great players game Tommy is. Wow.

#13 11 years ago

Too cool, I have never played tommy, but I like the the who. I need a DE back in the collection to help bring more balance. The strange science is a great looking pin and not a bad player either, I would even call it a keeper if you have the space. It helps that it is a cheaper pin that doesn't make me feel like the cost/fun factor is out of wack.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strange-science-anti-gravity-loop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.