Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by FlippyD
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hey, I got a new RR WOZ built 12/1/2016 and the first twenty or so games on it were fine. Now I'm having weird issues where the flippers will randomly go dead for a few seconds. This will happen maybe one to even three times per game if it's a long game. Usually when the flippers stop working the video screen will show something like the RESCUE animation or the emerald city locks, even though no balls were in those areas to trigger them. I did a visual scan of these switches, checked them in the test mode, and nothing seems wrong. However obviously something major is wrong because this is making the game unplayable. Sometimes this occurs during multi ball and sometimes during single ball.

I tried googling to see if I could find others with a similar issue but couldn't find anything exactly like this. Probably won't be able to do heavy testing and debugging for a week but was hoping I might get some ideas from this thread. Thanks for any help!

#2 7 years ago

Okay so I'm noticing that before the flippers will die all the lights go off too. It's like something momentarily shorts out then resets.

#3 7 years ago

Great. Mine arrives this Friday. This does not give me much confidence.

#4 7 years ago

I just wrote a post in the woz owners forum, I been have issues with my game that's a few weeks old. Call frank at JJP

#5 7 years ago

I spent some time checking and re-seating the opto connectors that might be involved. I then noticed when checking the switch matrix that the two Witch switches would get stuck. I tinkered with it a bit and then was able to play several games with no issues. On maybe the 5th game the flippers stopped working and the game started multiball even though i hadn't locked more than one ball. Went to check switches and both Witch switches were stuck on again. Could this be what's causing the problems? Will have to do some tinkering to get her switches setup properly.

I'll open a ticket with JJP if I can't get it figured out but I've found most of the times some Pinsiders or LTG can help with a quick comment or two.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

ltg can help with a quick comment or two.

I responded in the other thread too. Loosen the nuts circled in RED allowing you to move the switches closer to the plate. Reach around the lifted playfield and tap the strike plate while moving the swiches closer. When you have the sensitivity you want, just tighten the nuts back down.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/89824152@N07/sets/72157634995600921/

LTG : )

#7 7 years ago

Thanks for the quick reply LTG ! I had messed with those nuts when I first detected the problem but they can't be pushed back because the LED board is in the way. Probably have to make a notch in the LED board like I saw the other guy do.

Don't have time to mess with it more this week but looking forward to the debugging adventure that awaits

#8 7 years ago

Mine was doing something sort of like this but not exactly. You CAN get multiball without the balls locked, for instance the wizard can give you an instant multiball.

My problem was with the high voltage wires that go to the ball trough kick up coil. A wire was too close to the coil plunger and eventually was shorting out almost every time it fired. It would instantly shut off the game. Make sure the multiple coil plungers clear the wires when they activate.

Otherwise this is a problem for JJP support - they can fix anything over the phone. Make sure you get a Frank or Lloyd on the phone. JJp's "leave a message" doesn't seem to work.

#9 7 years ago

I had the same problem with my 12/13/13 ECLE. Check the diodes on the trough boards. They get cracks in the solder joints from vibration and the game does funny things because boards are not reading balls in trough properly. Put game in switch test and make sure all trough switches are functioning properly. Mine was a cold solder joint on the #3 diode once I resoldered it all troubles disappeared. Might not be your problem but easy enough to check out.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from cjpins:

I had the same problem with my 12/13/13 ECLE. Check the diodes on the trough boards. They get cracks in the solder joints from vibration and the game does funny things because boards are not reading balls in trough properly. Put game in switch test and make sure all trough switches are functioning properly. Mine was a cold solder joint on the #3 diode once I resoldered it all troubles disappeared. Might not be your problem but easy enough to check out.

Thanks for the tip, will get a chance this weekend to investigate further.

1 week later
#11 7 years ago

It turns out the crystal ball connector for the video display was vibrating and getting loose and causing the resets. Thanks to JJP support for being very helpful in debugging this!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strange-random-woz-behavior and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.