• Latest reply 6 years ago by drsfmd
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Blue-Chip-Work-02 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

It's been a few months since I last played my Blue Chip. When I played it earlier today I discovered a strange problem- if I hit the center hole, I immediately drops the ball count unit by 1. In looking at the schematic, I can see no relationship between the two. Thoughts?

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

It's been a few months since I last played my Blue Chip. When I played it earlier today I discovered a strange problem- if I hit the center hole, I immediately drops the ball count unit by 1. In looking at the schematic, I can see no relationship between the two. Thoughts?

Isn't the ball count unit a step up / full reset unit? Can you actually see the reset coil on it firing?

#3 6 years ago

Hi drsfmd
I like to have the JPGs I post in a form "746 times less" --- I show a snippet of the ipdb-schematics --- squeezed.

I can create an connection when I make the Score-Motor-Switch "1-B" (encircled red in the JPG) FAULTY ALWAYS closed. The "marked green" switches are entitled to close / to be closed at the time Your fault happens --- and it happens in the pin to be SCM-2A and SCM-2B: They sit on the SAME Wheel --- actuated AT THE SAME TIME.

Do not hurry with "adjusting SCM-1B" --- check my theory: I assume Your pin starts every new ball given with ONE bonus given --- if so: With my "faulty always closed SCM-1B" - when Your pin changes to next ball: You should see Your Bonus-Unit-Step-UP-Coil pulling, pulling, pulling all the time the Outhole-Relay is pulling. So look in Your pin --- play a ball, loose the ball ... Outhole-Relay starts pulling, stays pulling for a while --- question: What does the mentioned Bonus-Unit-Step-UP-Coil do at this time ? Pull and let go as the SCM-1B is good ? --- or: Pulling as long as the Outhole-Relay is pulling means SCM-1B is faulty always closed (?). Greetings Rolf

0Blue-Chip-Work-02 (resized).jpg0Blue-Chip-Work-02 (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago

Thanks Rolf! I won't be able to look at it until tomorrow- will report back!

#5 6 years ago

Rolf, I don't know how you do it, but you're absolutely brilliant! If we had "gold" like Reddit here at Pinside, I would buy it for you!

You were absolutely correct about 1b. It was tightly pressing together, and I'm a little befuddled about it, as it played fine a few months ago... maybe the recent high humidity we've had caused it. Either way, it's fixed now. Now I'm on to trying to figure out my most recent acquisition... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-good-with-genco-schematics#post-3814400

Cheers!

1 month later
#6 6 years ago

Sigh. I had to move the game from one side of my game room to the other, and now when it drops from 2 balls to go to 1 ball to go it also goes into game over. I don't know why a game that has been 100% reliable for years is suddenly giving me these odd problems.

#7 6 years ago

Check the zero switches on the ball count unit. They've very sensitive

#8 6 years ago

Good idea. I did give that unit a clean and lube recently. And the game did get jostled around a bit when it got moved.

#9 6 years ago

zacaj , you were exactly right. Must have gotten bumped when I move the machine yesterday. A few seconds with my switch bender fixed it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strange-problem-with-my-blue-chip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.