Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jrpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

My brother asked me to post this for him. He's in the process of reviving a Bally "Star Trek" game (original version).
"I have a strange problem with my Bally Star Trek. The game will not boot up if the sound board is connected. I get 6 pulses from the MPU board. On the 5th pulse, I get a blip from the sound board but then nothing. If I disconnect the large connector to the sound board, the game will boot up normally. I can then plug the sound board back in and it works normally. What if anything do I have to replace on the sound board?"
The game has an Alltek replacement MPU board, and he has repinned many, if not all the connectors.

#2 1 year ago

The typical cause of this (failed boot with no last LED flash on power-up when the sound board is connected) is due to a shorted 1N4004 diode at CR3 on the sound board. The diode should be tested/replaced if faulty.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Quench:

The typical cause of this (failed boot with no last LED flash on power-up when the sound board is connected) is due to a shorted 1N4004 diode at CR3 on the sound board. The diode should be tested/replaced if faulty.

Thanks. I'll pass that information on to my brother.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 10.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strange-problem-with-bally-star-trek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.