Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

• Meteor Stern Electronics, 1979

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kguenther6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Thought I would share this story of a Meteor repair. I have a Meteor that was not booting. The LED would come on but not flash. So I broke out the multimeter and started checking test points. I started with the MPU and found my 12V TPs were only getting 10V. So I moved to the rectifier board and started checking TPs on it. I was getting 10V there also. So I checked TPs E11 and E12. I checked the first one and got 10V. I went to check the second one and sparks flew. As soon as that happened the pin booted up! I checked the TPs at the MPU again and it was at 12V. I was afraid to check it at the rectifier board again. I know I didn't accidentally touch 2 things at once when the sparks flew as I'm always very careful about that. So I don't know what caused the sparks to fly and why that caused the 10V to jump to 12V. But it's been working fine for 3 days now. An easy fix I suspect I'll have problems again in the future but for now I'm happy.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

You shouldn't be checking E11+12 separately, they're AC. You measure across them.

I guess that explains the sparks . I still wonder what caused the voltage to jump back up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kguenther6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside