Strange issue on data east star trek .

By Milltown

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I've been sorting out issues on my 91 star trek
.originally i was having display issues .
Certain times only on scoring the display would get jumbled and freeze up..
I decided to install updated game and display roms .
The problem went away and actualy worked perfect ..
Now at certain times never consistently when a ball drains a new ball will shoot into the shooter lane and automatically fire into the pf with no notification on the dmd ect .
I'm going to tear into this issue tonight .I'm wondering if anyone has had this issue or were to start looking.
Thank you..

#2 6 years ago

Be sure to check the trough switches and plunger lane switch for good operation. Flaky operation can confuse the logic.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Be sure to check the trough switches and plunger lane switch for good operation. Flaky operation can confuse the logic.

Will do .. IL check the diodes and continuity.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Will do .. IL check the diodes and continuity.

Switches seem to check out ok...

#5 6 years ago

Well I decided to put the original game rom back in.. and it hasn't done the xtra ball for no reason again ? Gonna play some more games to be sure . Display seems fine...
I can't imagine shooting a ball for no reason back into play after scoring a few million is a revision for the new game rom ?

#6 6 years ago

I would try the new ROMs again and make sure you remove the batteries when switching. This would help avoid if something is getting messed up with ball save timer. If still the same, also try factory reset after the switch.

I don't remember if there's any optos on the trough, but also check that and especially any related connectors. Run switch test and see if adjusting connectors result in any flaky readings. Small connectors often act up and need adjustment or replacement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strange-issue-on-data-east-star-trek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.