Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DCWyld
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

So a Diner pin I picked up only has the right half of the GI working (Green, White-Green wires), the left side dark (Brown, White-Brown). There is a relay in the backbox but I swapped another relay out and that's not it. The B-WB lines has continuity all the way back to the backbox interconnect board (White-Brown) and to the aux power driver board (Brown). I'm not really sure how to test with multimeter to diagnose which board is my issue. I do have continuity on both lines so I know its not a connection issue. Any help would be much appreciated. Thx.

#2 4 years ago

I'd follow along with a meter set to AC. See where you have power and don't. Maybe a weak connection dropping voltage but passing continuity ?

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago

Because Im fairly new to the pinball diagnostics thing, how would you test the individual pins on the boards? Red lead to pin and black to ? Or a red to white-brown and black to brown? Not sure how to go about that. Thx.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from DCWyld:

Not sure how to go about that.

Study up on it. AC you measure hot to common, not hot to ground.

LTG : )

#5 4 years ago

Are the GI connectors on the interconnect board in good shape and any signs of burns?Have you tried reseating those GI Connectors?
Also pull out the 4 fuses located next to the above connectors and test with meter

#6 4 years ago

You mentioned changing out relay for new. Good.

However, make sure that connector attaching to the relay is good in terms of its wiring being seated into the connector well.

Sometimes one of the wires pulls out of the connector ever so slightly. I’d turn game on and jiggle that connector carefully and see if gi flashes at all. Push on the wires inserting into that connector.

#7 4 years ago

J6 J7 J9 On tbe interconnect board , check those for burn up. Also pull the 4 fuses located next to the above connectors. and check them.

#8 4 years ago

Thank you all. After your help it looks like the 9 pin header at J6 at the interconnect board. Appreciate your help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 22.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strange-diner-gi-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.