Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Frax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

The problem is intermittent and has occurred from day one. If you try to shoot the bell from the cannon while sweeping left to right, about 25-50% of the time it will not fire the ball and instead burns a VIP pass! If you wait until the cannon goes all the way over and is sweeping from left to right, a shot to the bell works 100% of the time. We have tested the switch where the ball rests inside the cannon, as well as the in menu cannon test which tests the two switches that read the position of the cannon. It also seems to have nothing to do with the lockdown button switch, which also tests fine and pressing it harder has no affect. Has anyone seen this issue?

We did call Stern but at the time failed to get through.

#2 6 years ago

Does the Cannon menu test show the state of the ball switch when the cannon is rotating? Sounds like the switch needs adjusting so it works when it currently doesn't, or maybe a wire is binding/grounding when it shouldn't in that situation.

#3 6 years ago

No, the cannon test doesn't show the state of the ball switch. I wish it did. We tried tweaking the ball switch arm but no luck so far. Good idea on the wiring binding when moving. I will ck that next time I'm down there. It's on location.

#4 6 years ago

The pro on route that's years old near me does this quite a lot too, and it's intermittent and flaky. I don't actually know what the issue or fix is, but my first inclination would be to check the optos and the wiring for those. I would bet good money that the game no longer thinks the ball is in there when it's rotating. If you remember, STTNG has issues with it's cannon harnesses too, and I wouldn't trust that thin little wires have somehow magically become more durable in the last 20 years...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strange-cannon-problem-on-acdc-vault and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.