9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by n1teowl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider n1teowl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I just noticed some new bad behavior on my Aztec machine and am hoping someone can help. I was adjusting the outhole switch and after I was done I noticed that the bonus stepper wasn't working correctly. When I reset the machine and a new ball is ejected into the shooter lane, the bonus automatically progresses to 10000. It's supposed to be on the lowest value (5000) when the game begins. An odd thing about it is that the machine resets it to 5000 when the game is over and only when the ball is kicked into the shooter lane does it progress to 10000. I have also noticed that the score calculates as if the bonus counter had not actually advanced to 10000. For example, if no bonus is scored and the ball drains, you collect 5000 in bonus even though the 10000 is lit. Any ideas on why the bonus counter automatically advances like that? Any help is sincerely appreciated.

#2 9 years ago

Fixed: At some point when I was messing around with the outhole switch, I must have bumped the bakelite plate that is part of the bonus stepper unit. There is quite a bit of play in it's position and it had rotated so much that the fingers were one contact off. Instead of resetting the bonus to zero and adding 5000 to start the ball it reset it to 5000 and added 5000 to start at 10000. Rotating the bakelite plate back to 12:00 caused it to sync back up with the appropriate contacts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ashburn, VA
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider n1teowl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strange-bonus-behavior-on-williams-aztec?tu=n1teowl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.