(Topic ID: 239050)

Strange Black Knight flipper issue (Update: SOLVED, see post #10)

By grinchia

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by grinchia
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider black_knight.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago

Did you replace the bushing that goes through the playfield? If not could be worn weird. If you did it could be installed improperly.

Did you gap the flipper from the pf properly?

Look to see if the flipper rubber is binding on the inlane guide.

Did you change the coil sleeves?

Check voltage at the coil not the button.

Check the wiring on the coil to make sure it is correct. Previous owner could have the lugs wrong.

That’s all I got.

#9 5 years ago

When it’s up gravity is helping the flipper so that’s not always a great indicator.

I can’t remember if the power goes to the upper flipper first or second but if the other one is working right it’s prob not a cabinet connector issue. But I guess there is a connector between the pfs. So need to Check it I guess.

Are the coil leads good? Maybe you have a broken wire on the coil? Have you check resistance on it?

If you are really stuck, swap upper and lower assembly and see what changes.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider black_knight.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strange-black-knight-flipper-issue?tu=black_knight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.