• Latest reply 6 years ago by leaffan67
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2450.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Hi All. Just now (happened twice) I knocked down several of the bonus multiplier drops, then hit the A,B and C lanes which (correctly) drops two of the pool ball drops on the rt side. However, it also reset the bonus multiplier drops. I was on 3x. Suddenly, I have to do 2x and 3x again just to get to 4x! Surely this isn't correct behaviour. Any ideas?
thx in advance, Dave

#2 6 years ago

Bueller?

#3 6 years ago

Enter test mode and step to solenoid test. Let it cycle through a couple of times following along in the manual. Make sure all the correct #s are displayed for the solenoid in action.

Then go into switch test (ball out of game, all targets up) and drop the multiplier targets one at a time and make sure the correct # is displayed for them as well.

Also, the solenoids driven by the Solenoid Expander Board should have two diodes affixed to their lugs. If one-diode coils are fitted at those designations, very weird solenoid behavior ensues.

#4 6 years ago

Roger that last bit Cody. A one diode coil in a Medusa had me going in circles.

#5 6 years ago

thank you! will do and report back!

1 week later
#6 6 years ago

Would anyone be so generous as to provide a photo of the wiring for the right side drop target bank showing the double diodes and the wiring to the solenoid lugs? Please and thank you. It appears I have a "hacked" drop bank. strange that it worked properly for years before this problem started....

#7 6 years ago

What was the result of the solenoid test? Did everything fire properly? Any switch errors?

#8 6 years ago

Yes, all the solenoids fired properly. However, when the 2 ball solenoid fired, it also reset the bonus multiplier drops.

#9 6 years ago

Sorry, mine is currently folded up. If you still need one this weekend I could probably get you one.

#10 6 years ago

it would really help me to have a couple of photos. two of the rt bank solenoids have double diodes and the other 5 don't. I think there is some strange wiring too.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

Would anyone be so generous as to provide a photo of the wiring for the right side drop target bank showing the double diodes and the wiring to the solenoid lugs? Please and thank you. It appears I have a "hacked" drop bank. strange that it worked properly for years before this problem started....

My EBD is currently staying with a friend. I had trouble sorting out solenoid issues (ended up being a failed solder joint.)

Solenoids 1 and 2 had two diodes, whereas the rest had one.

#12 6 years ago

on mine only 6 and 7 have two diodes.

#13 6 years ago

The coils that should have two diodes are:

7-drop target bank reset
8 ball saucer
1 ball
2 ball
Multiplier drop bank reset
Outhole

If the saucer or multiplier bank or outhole coils don't have two diodes, the multipliers will reset every time the game drops the 2 ball (via A-B-C-D).

#14 6 years ago

If you still need pictures let me know. I have two complete (and fully-functional) EBD assemblies that are out of machines that I can sit on my bench and take pictures for you. One assembly is the early Bally design and the other is the final Bally/Midway design. They are both the same except for the connectors.

#15 6 years ago

Yes pictures please!

1 week later
#16 6 years ago

Alright, since you say you have the 3rd edition with the under playfield circuit boards with twist-in lamp sockets, I took some pictures of the same version drop target assembly. The two versions are basically the same except the 2nd version includes a connector and can be easily unplugged where the switches on the older version are hard wired. The 2nd version also has a plate that allows you to adjust the target height with sheet metal "fingers" between the targets to prevent the ball from hanging-up.

This is a fully-rebuilt and tested assembly and I think this is the view you are looking for (click on it to enlarge and then click again to zoom-in):

IMG_2450.JPG

#17 6 years ago

Yes that photo should help a lot! Thx!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside