Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Chet
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

BAA sells stranded wire in the correct gauge and color/trace that will replace the original wires in williams games. They sell in std 10 feet lengths but you can also request longer if you need it. I have used there wire to rebuild transformer harnesses, etc., to duplicate the original.

BAA didn't have the wire colors I was looking for, so I hunted around for alternatives that didn't require a 1000ft minimum order. That took a considerable amount of searching and communication with various companies.

One of the few places I found was narragansettreproductions.com---it's an antique car restoration shop in Rhode Island that specializes in wiring harnesses.

They have a minimum order of 25ft per colored wire for 16awg ($8.75) and 18awg ($9?) wire. Also, a 250ft minimum order per colored wire for 22 awg wire ($26). They don't give a shipping estimate until it is sent out, but they sent my order in a standard USPS flat-rate box (which are currently $5.95, $12.65, and $17.90 for small, medium, and large).

They typically have 16-18awg wire in stock, but will likely have to special order 22awg wire since they don't keep it in stock (since it's not really used on antique cars), so this is the reason for the 250ft minimum order.

Also, their ordering system is a bit old school...they take credit card info by phone, and I'm not sure, but they might take mailed checks too--you'll have to ask if they do that.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

strip an old power cord. killing a cheap extension cord will give you more wire than you know what to do with

It wouldn't be the correct gauge or color.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

OP does request a certain gauge or color but .. ok then!

Playfield wiring is typically 18, 20, or 22 awg.

Power cords are typically 12, 14, or 16awg.

Quoted from leckylove:

I'm an electrician that does control wiring as well. Home Depot and most hardware stores sell multi conductor cable in a jacket that can be removed. These can be bought by the foot and come 2 , 4 , 6 , 8 , 10 conductors in a jacket. The most common gauge will be 18 awg but there is also 16 and 22 also. The best part is each wire is a different color. Belden is one brand I use a lot. Good luck.

I basically get most of my 16 awg wire at lowes. They sell regular ol' stranded cable in 25ft spools--no de-jacketing required.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 180.00
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 159.00
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranded-wire-replacement?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.