Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

It wasn't bad enough that I had to miss the MD State Championships due to a business trip, but now I'm in a place that seems to be without any pinball in the wild. Someone please prove me wrong so I can get out of the hotel and get my pin on!

#2 8 years ago

Fun Depot 2003 10th Avenue North, Lake Worth, FL 33461, USA

It's on the Pinside location map. Went there a few years ago. It was ok, some worked, some didn't. Maybe someone else has a more recent experience.

#3 8 years ago

Fun Depot games are garbage. There is not much there. I lived there most of my wife and the only way you're going to play quality pinball is finding a collector that will open up their doors for you

#4 8 years ago

I had seen Fun Depot on he map but was warned to avoid it because of the condition of the pins. I'm almost to the point of saying "F* it!" and checking it out anyway since it's within range of the hotel shuttle. Was just hoping for another option.

#5 8 years ago

PM sent, Come by and get your Pin on!

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Too cool, I love this hobby

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Don't forget the whiskey!

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from kjm8888:

I had seen Fun Depot on he map but was warned to avoid it because of the condition of the pins. I'm almost to the point of saying "F* it!" and checking it out anyway since it's within range of the hotel shuttle. Was just hoping for another option.

he is not within the shuttle range I am sure... Well , Take a cab there it is worth it

#9 8 years ago

There is a Walking Dead Pro in a barber shop on Jog & lantan road

Fun Depot is so bad , it's a real
    Shame.

They are opening a pinball museum in delray which will have 100 games sometime soon !

Seems like you have a place to play but I'm not too far either have 5 games.

#10 8 years ago

There's a place in Delray Beach called Vintage Pinball that looks pretty nice if you're into EMs (which I am!) but it's closed on Sundays and closes during the week at 4:00pm or 5:00pm depending on the day. Unfortunately, even though I will be here all week, I have no daytime availability.

#11 8 years ago

Dude you are in Florida in February. Hit the beach, eat a grouper sandwich, have some frozen drinks, hit the strip clubs and forget pinball for a while.

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Dude you are in Florida in February. Hit the beach, eat a grouper sandwich, have some frozen drinks, hit the strip clubs and forget pinball for a while.

I don't think the wife would appreciate me hitting the strip clubs! LOL! Forget pinball!?!?!? I'll be having none of that!!!

#13 8 years ago

Definitely check out Larrys (Pinbum) place, make him take the racecars out for a spin while you're at it.
    I've only got 2 pins and a virtual pin at the moment but more than welcome top stop by, about 35 minutes north of WPB.

#14 8 years ago

Kevin kjm8888, will be in touch to hang out and give my machines some well deserved play. Any locals, or non locals, are more than welcome to come over the same night Kevin is here, hell we will make a party out of it. One more thing ,the Ape Show is also going on this weekend for even more pin action. Looking forward to it! Larry

#15 8 years ago

Larry, I will call you around noon on my lunch break tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing your collection! I saw the website for the Ape Show and was really bummed because I'm flying back home on Friday. Looks like it will be a great show!

#16 8 years ago

Just got back from Pinbum's house and I have to say that Larry and his wife were amazing hosts! Definitely the best example of what makes Pinside and the pinball community such a great place to be! He has a great collection of absolutely pristine pins. I so wanted to take Congo home with me! Had an awesome time and can't wait to come back again! Thanks again, Larry!

#17 8 years ago

My pleasure Kevin, anytime your down again my home is open to you. Had a great time, and the pins enjoyed it too. Thanks Larry

#18 8 years ago

I like this thread. It's what I refer to in my head as "No-BS, Pinside Magic".

#19 8 years ago

Is this the Larry I know or another Larry?

#20 8 years ago

Hey Adam, i think it's me NGL

#21 8 years ago

Larry has a nice collection for sure. He is a great host. Glad you found a place to play.

#23 8 years ago

Having a hard time working up any sympathy for someone stranded in Florida.

#24 8 years ago

Sorry that I didn't make it over last night

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

Having a hard time working up any sympathy for someone stranded in Florida.

Its 72 and sunny, pretty rough right now

#26 8 years ago

Thanks Larry, for sharing some Florida Hospitality!
    A great member of our Florida Gang!

Now if its cold by you, APE show is this weekend!!!
    Grab a quick flight!

If you cant...start planning for next year!

Nothing better then sending pics home of sitting on South Beach, Drink in hand,
    Palm trees and Bikinis....its spring break....to friends back home in the cold!

4 months later
    #27 7 years ago

Curly Little Shop of Games And Larry are two of the best Pin salesmen in the State !! Bar none

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

Its 72 and sunny, pretty rough right now

And now 2 weeks into our penance for how wonderful the other 9 months are. AC don't fail on me now!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranded-in-west-palm-beach-fl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.