(Topic ID: 260900)

Straight from "he who shall not be named"...

By dirtbag66

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ae643fc95d16aa29fbfb4b639b02a3bb376ed910~01 (resized).jpg
    4C393C19-6392-469E-8DE0-56D048E2BF24.gif
    67CAD4B2-7E0C-4FFA-887C-3E3D88553069.jpeg
    rick-and-morty-pinball-machine.jpg
    Toight.jpg
    D7296F7F-F460-4049-9F13-7F39D9ABFF8C (resized).jpeg
    2CBB6A28-31A9-4573-AB7E-AA4B2386631F (resized).jpeg
    1af67f938dc8a7df06769b983c825f00 (resized).jpeg
    3nptit (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    download (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200130-150259 (resized).png
    There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago
    Screenshot_20200130-150259 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200130-150259 (resized).png
    #2 4 years ago

Tight is right. Big is bad.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Tight is right. Big is bad.

Is that what people said about Houdini? Asking for a friend...

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Is that what people said about Houdini? Asking for a friend...

No, it more had to do with a disussion about our lady friends.

But yes, for me, that tight shot on Houdini is one of the only redeeming things about that game.

#5 4 years ago

Let's put some people at ease... One of us has played this game. I will say this. The Upper 1/3rd of the play field is super unique. The pop sling is nasty! (great thing!) and the Animations and music are so far absolutely amazing. Best Spooky game yet. You all are in for a crazy treat! This game will turn some heads.

#6 4 years ago

Some shots should be challenging, no? This doesn't seem to be a problem.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

Some shots should be challenging, no? This doesn't seem to be a problem.

I believe some are convinced a ball should never drain, and all ball times should be epic, so you can reach the wizard mode three times in every game.

#9 4 years ago

Shouldn’t he be yelling Harsh harsh harsh!

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I believe some are convinced a ball should never drain, and all ball times should be epic, so you can reach the wizard mode three time in every game.

In their defense they keep adding "wizard modes" to games to make it easier for them. I guess JJPOTC has 8+

Are we talking aboot Kenada? Because it's alright to mention him...I know it makes it seem cooler if you think you can't though.

#11 4 years ago

I'm all for tough shots. But I also want people who bitched about the tightness of Houdini's shots to hold Spooky to the same standard.

That's all.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I believe some are convinced a ball should never drain, and all ball times should be epic, so you can reach the wizard mode three time in every game

Exactly. This is part of the reason I like the WMS system 9 & 11 games. Solid theme integration, but with a lot of challenge - especially with those games that don't have a early drain/ ball save feature.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

I'm also want people who bitched about the tightness of Houdini's shots to hold Spooky to the same standard.

Those people got banished from pinside two years ago.

#14 4 years ago

So this needed its own thread huh.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Yep.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Those people got banished from pinside two years ago.

Ah yes the great Purge!

Quoted from yancy:

No worries, someone is going through a phase right now.

#17 4 years ago

"Hold on, he's going to speak"

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Dude, he just wants to weed out all the Houdini hypocrites.

He's coming for you guys. You complained and laughed about Houdini's tight shots, without a care in the world.

Never knowing that another game one day may come out with tight shots, and you would be forced to face this cruel day of reckoning!!!!

HOW YOU LIKE THOSE APPLES MOFOS?!?!?! HOW DOES THIS HOT MISSLE OF TRUTH TASTE?!?!

#19 4 years ago

I played a game with no hard shots once. It would never end. I think is was called something like Bored of the Slings.

#20 4 years ago

You can tell just by looking at the pictures that there's some tight shots, especially the left loop shot off the upper right flipper. But goddammit, I'm holding Spooky responsible! How's that Dbag?

#21 4 years ago

Houdini's tight shots suuuucked and made the game even worse no doubt. Let's not rush to judgment yet until we see this thing in motion but I hope it's not tight like Houdini everywhere. One shot or so no biggie....

#22 4 years ago

"Have you now, or have you ever, been a member of the group of people who said Houdini had tight shots?"

I don't like where this is going. At long last, have you left no sense of decency, Dbag?!

#23 4 years ago

Look at Levi getting all fired up!

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Houdini's tight shots suuuucked and made the game even worse no doubt.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
    #25 4 years ago

When I was at a friend's house a couple weeks ago, one of the things I liked about playing Alice Cooper, is it seemed to have quite a few tight shots that took actual skill to make. As opposed to some of those wide open gapers on Elvira.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

I'm all for tough shots. But I also want people who bitched about the tightness of Houdini's shots to hold Spooky to the same standard.
    That's all.

It's great to have you here to keep us all honest. I'm sure it must be a lonely job at times.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

When I was at a friend's house a couple weeks ago, one of the things I liked about playing Alice Cooper, is it seemed to have quite a few tight shots that took actual skill to make. As opposed to some of those wide open gapers on Elvira.

I'm with you on that, o-din. I was down at Flippers Arcade last week and finally got some time on ACNC. Yes, some of the shots are a little tight, but certainly not impossible. There should be some challenge in pinball. Play better!

#28 4 years ago

I think it's only fair to call out the douche-baggery of those trolls that played one game on Houdini and declared it unplayable because of the trunk shot (which is actually one of the easier shots on Houdini) and completely ignore tight shots on other games. If you're in on a Rick and Morty I wouldn't start freaking out yet. You'll likely love the game and it's tight crevasses.

That being said...API didn't do itself any favors by having ridiculously short timers on modes and ball saves. If you're going to release a brutal game you should set the default rules to be more favorable to average to below-average players.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from konjurer:

I think it's only fair to call out the douche-baggery of those trolls that played one game on Houdini and declared it unplayable because of the trunk shot (which is actually one of the easier shots on Houdini) and completely ignore tight shots on other games

You're talking to a crew that found Ghostbusters unplayable, not because of the terrible artwork and theme, but because the flipper gap was a couple millimeters wider than they were used to, so they installed some conglomeration that added a center post to make it easier.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Is this some sort of double entendre?

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Is this some sort of double entendre?

It was two games I played at the same place if that's what you mean.

#32 4 years ago

Crazy! I seem to remember Scott saying the same thing.

Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

There are easy shots, tough shots, and everywhere in between.

I do wish this post had a switch in it just to insult you for hitting it; "Dammit Morty! I put two shots right next to each other and you hit the only fucking thing I told you not to touch." A repeat shot progresses to Rick laughing hysterically.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#33 4 years ago

I think people's fears of this game being a wonka are coming true. By wonka i mean get a theme people like and put a load of cool stuff in the game that most people will never see because the gameplay and ruleset is too difficult for anyone that's not an insanely good player.

#34 4 years ago

I believe it takes talent to get booted from your own thread.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

That's all.

The Houdini thing is false. People need to play better! I can hit that shot all day long. I am sure the Rick & Morty game is just as playable. Maybe Mr Fancypants needs to learn How to play pinball

#36 4 years ago

Good, I'm tired of fan layout games with your standard two big ramps and orbits.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from zombywoof:

I'm with you on that, o-din. I was down at Flippers Arcade last week and finally got some time on ACNC. Yes, some of the shots are a little tight, but certainly not impossible. There should be some challenge in pinball. Play better!

I agree with both of you!
    easy games that aren’t challenging get boring fast.
    I really enjoyed ALice C at Allentown this year because it was challenging but not a clunkfest like Houdini.
    As much as I wanted to like Houdini due to it being a very cool theme , playing it reminded me of first playing pinball as a child in the 70’s where I would brick shot after shot.
    Of course I’m only an average player so maybe it’s also due to that.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Maybe Mr Fancypants needs to learn How to play pinball

3nptit (resized).jpg3nptit (resized).jpg
    #39 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The Houdini thing is false. People need to play better! I can hit that shot all day long. I am sure the Rick & Morty game is just as playable. Maybe Mr Fancypants needs to learn How to play pinball

After a couple games on Houdini, I could just flow all over and hit everything without even really trying. Even the much maligned Black Widow ramp on Avengers - once I got used to the geometry, I could combo that ramp & it was ultra satisfying. Talking about tight shots out of the entire context of a game or only having played it a few times is meaningless.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I think people's fears of this game being a wonka are coming true. By wonka i mean get a theme people like and put a load of cool stuff in the game that most people will never see because the gameplay and ruleset is too difficult for anyone that's not an insanely good player.

Or maybe sour grapes because you didn't get a high enough number?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=Mrawesome44

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I believe it takes talent to get booted from your own thread.

Not a talent, it’s an instinct for D Bag. He gets booted from almost all threads.

#42 4 years ago

Kaneda (and if you are reading this then please pay attention) will pull a Wonka on this game. He gets all crazy excited and sets unreasonable expectations on games. When they don't meet his expectations, then he trashes the game. Everyone knows the game will be unique and challenging. Why? Because we've seen TNA. Scott likes more classic solid state games. They are fast, brutal games. A lot of them had some really unique layouts and shots. This game will also have great lights, sounds, and humor. How do we know this...because that is what Spooky and Scott do best. The game will also have a great ruleset. Bowen re-created the ACNC ruleset to something unique and fantastic. Scott's rules for TNA are great. Kaneda has hated every Spooky game up to this point including TNA. Why would he change his mind? He is looking for a reason not to like it. My bet is that once it streams, he will start trashing it. He will sell his game on Ebay before it even gets made. His ADHD won't let him wait the 2 months to get it made. I love Spooky and respect Charlie, but it was a mistake to give Kaneda an early spot. Look how he repaid Jack for early access to Wonka. I hope I'm wrong because I don't want to see him drag Spooky through the mud. Rick and Morty will be a great game and I can't wait to play one. Hopefully someday I will pick one up second hand or get a spot if someone drops out. I got turned off by the show when I watched an early episode, but have since watched 2 full seasons worth and love the humor. Spooky and Scott will knock it out of the park! ACNC shots are tight, but it is my family's favorite game including my kids, ages 13 and 14 because it is unique and FUN!

#43 4 years ago

^^^^I just read more words there than I ever listened to from the other guy^^^^

#44 4 years ago

Why does anyone care what this Chris fella thinks? It's not like he's a designer or artist or a tournament director or even a very good player. He's not an oldtimer with cool stories, nor does he seem to have much knowledge about pinball in general aside from contemporary leaks. He's just some dude with a big mouth and a mic. Why do people keep posting about him?

#45 4 years ago

He is - first and foremost - an entertainer. He would be the first to admit this. Take him with a grain of salt....maybe a block of salt.

Still, he's fun to listen to. Why the fuck not? It's fun to hear him challenge all the pinball manufacturers.

Doesn't mean I agree with everything he says.

#46 4 years ago

Personally, I would be thrilled if R&M has tight shots. I love the old solid states; love TNA; love ACNC. If I want to crack a beer and get philosophical, I'll play Hobbit or BM 66...

#47 4 years ago
    1af67f938dc8a7df06769b983c825f00 (resized).jpeg1af67f938dc8a7df06769b983c825f00 (resized).jpeg
    #48 4 years ago

I could tell you all about a game that has one shot so tight, you are lucky to make it once in an entire game. I could...

#49 4 years ago

Spot number doesn't affect how the game shoots or is coded. Here's the hilarious part It's actually easier to get an earlier spot on the list now than buying a spot on the day sales opened up.

#50 4 years ago

When are they gonna stream the game they announced and sold in December?

Has anyone here actually flipped it?

If you are buying a HUO game like this different is a good thing which includes difficult tight shots. TWD.......

As for deep and short ball times it’s a YOUR game. Put it on 8 ball if you suck and want to see it all. Lol

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/straight-from-he-who-shall-not-be-named?hl=dergoetz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.