(Topic ID: 260900)

Straight from "he who shall not be named"...

By dirtbag66

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ae643fc95d16aa29fbfb4b639b02a3bb376ed910~01 (resized).jpg
    4C393C19-6392-469E-8DE0-56D048E2BF24.gif
    67CAD4B2-7E0C-4FFA-887C-3E3D88553069.jpeg
    rick-and-morty-pinball-machine.jpg
    Toight.jpg
    D7296F7F-F460-4049-9F13-7F39D9ABFF8C (resized).jpeg
    2CBB6A28-31A9-4573-AB7E-AA4B2386631F (resized).jpeg
    1af67f938dc8a7df06769b983c825f00 (resized).jpeg
    3nptit (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    download (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200130-150259 (resized).png
    There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago

JP2 has a couple tight shots and it plays great. Houdini layout just wasn't all that good to begin with, the tight shots made it worse.

Re: Chris, yea I guess it can be entertaining if you have time to listen to it. Leaks are always interesting. I don't care one lick about his opinion on any game or anything else pinball so that all is wasted airtime for me. As it is, anything he says that's remotely useful immediately gets parroted here so I'll let y'all keep listening and relaying

#52 4 years ago

Looks like lord voldemort updates his opinion

2CBB6A28-31A9-4573-AB7E-AA4B2386631F (resized).jpeg2CBB6A28-31A9-4573-AB7E-AA4B2386631F (resized).jpeg
    #53 4 years ago

Looks like lord voldemort updates his post

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

Kaneda (and if you are reading this then please pay attention) will pull a Wonka on this game. He gets all crazy excited and sets unreasonable expectations on games. When they don't meet his expectations, then he trashes the game. Everyone knows the game will be unique and challenging. Why? Because we've seen TNA. Scott likes more classic solid state games. They are fast, brutal games. A lot of them had some really unique layouts and shots. This game will also have great lights, sounds, and humor. How do we know this...because that is what Spooky and Scott do best. The game will also have a great ruleset. Bowen re-created the ACNC ruleset to something unique and fantastic. Scott's rules for TNA are great. Kaneda has hated every Spooky game up to this point including TNA. Why would he change his mind? He is looking for a reason not to like it. My bet is that once it streams, he will start trashing it. He will sell his game on Ebay before it even gets made. His ADHD won't let him wait the 2 months to get it made. I love Spooky and respect Charlie, but it was a mistake to give Kaneda an early spot. Look how he repaid Jack for early access to Wonka. I hope I'm wrong because I don't want to see him drag Spooky through the mud. Rick and Morty will be a great game and I can't wait to play one. Hopefully someday I will pick one up second hand or get a spot if someone drops out. I got turned off by the show when I watched an early episode, but have since watched 2 full seasons worth and love the humor. Spooky and Scott will knock it out of the park! ACNC shots are tight, but it is my family's favorite game including my kids, ages 13 and 14 because it is unique and FUN!

Kinda wondering the same. Wonka wasn't ideal, but it was definitely one of the top 2 games released last year. It just didn't have a storymode based element, and clips that built towards pushing forward in the film. But....did JJP really need to recreate the Hobbit format for a bit of a lighter, family focused, location based game? Naaaaah.

I'm expecting him to waffle, sadly. He seems to tease and jump into big game releases just to have something to BS about. Which again, there just isn't much out here to discuss several times a week, so circus arena type discussions seem par for the course.

#55 4 years ago

I must be jealous or something. I sure find myself posting quite a bit in these threads.

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from bman46:

Looks like lord voldemort updates his opinion[quoted image]

Since he bought one he’s “shilling” for the game right? Lol

I guess he joined TPN after all? You love it Chris!

Maybe we should actually see the game flip and not go on heresay.

When is it shipping?

#57 4 years ago

Shouldn’t he whom pinside shat out be receiving his game soon? Guess he can give us a glowing review then...

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I must be jealous or something. I sure find myself posting quite a bit in these threads.

Bored, and not playing pinball, drinking or watching racing flicks. Join the club!

I'm at work though....what's your excuse?

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I'm at work though....what's your excuse?

Same, but I'm leaving right now. Chow!

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

When are they gonna stream the game they announced and sold in December?
    Has anyone here actually flipped it?
    If you are buying a HUO game like this different is a good thing which includes difficult tight shots. TWD.......
    As for deep and short ball times it’s a YOUR game. Put it on 8 ball if you suck and want to see it all. Lol

I have played the white wood and the prototype. I can confirm that they are both fun but the prototype does shoot better and I think production games will be better than both the white wood and prototype.

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

I have played the white wood and the prototype. I can confirm that they are both fun but the prototype does shoot better and I think production games will be better than both the white wood and prototype.

Fun is number one for me, tight shots or not

A tight shot game feels great when you get it dialed in like TWD. But clunky until you do

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Spot number doesn't affect how the game shoots or is coded. Here's the hilarious part It's actually easier to get an earlier spot on the list now than buying a spot on the day sales opened up.

You are such a fraud. You complained when you didn't get your number right away. You then accused a distributor of getting kickbacks for upgrading. Then you complained that your number was too high. Then you sold your spot.

Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I had spot 517 but i didn't want to wait that long so i was able to sell my spot and get my money back. These spot numbers are about to start turning into anchors soon and the wait is going to be a lot longer than people are anticipating

Wishful thinking pal. Sour grapes.

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Fun is number one for me, tight shots or not
    A tight shot game feels great when you get it dialed in like TWD. But clunky until you do

Some shots in Rick and Morty are tough for sure . If someone said two shots were tight I would guess they are thinking the front of the garage from the upper right flipper , that shot is what I believe to be the most difficult shot in the game . But you can get into the garage from the back via right orbit which I consider an easy shot And is the same result . The other shot that could be considered tight maybe might be the quick turn around between the right orbit and the right ramp . Shots breakdown for me were
    Upper right flipper -
    Inner loop =easy
    Noob noob =easy
    Garage =hard
    You could also get into the VUK or Danesi 2.0 lock from the upper flipper.
    Left flipper-

Me meseeks =medium
    Right orbit =easy
    Quick turn around = medium/hard
    Right ramp = medium/ easy
    Flooble crank = medium
    Right entry Danesi lock 2.0 =easy(but if the horseshoe is open the fast return can make it difficult to react to )
    Middle VUK =easy / medium
    Left entry Danesi lock = medium

Right flipper -
    Three stand up targets = medium ( the bottom one is hard though )
    Noob noob is more of a random shot that I don’t think you will be shooting for but can hit
    Left ramp= medium (but on the more difficult side of medium )
    Left entry Danesi lock = easy
    Center VUK = easy
    Right entry Danesi lock = medium
    Flooble crank = medium
    Other shots are possible, and other people will find other shots easier/ harder than me but this is a super basic breakdown of some of the shots and how they felt for me after about 10 games on a prototype.

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

As opposed to some of those wide open gapers on Elvira.

Elvira has A wide open gaper

#65 4 years ago

Alice Cooper has some very tough/tight shots and it’s fantastic.
    It’s one of the things I love about that game. It’s brutal as hell, yet incredibly gratifying when you make a bunch of good shots and get in a groove.

I don’t really understand the point of this thread at all.
    I would be really disappointed if all the shots on Rick and Morty were easy.

#66 4 years ago
    D7296F7F-F460-4049-9F13-7F39D9ABFF8C (resized).jpegD7296F7F-F460-4049-9F13-7F39D9ABFF8C (resized).jpeg
    #67 4 years ago

Difficult means the game has longer replay within a collection.

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

After a couple games on Houdini, I could just flow all over and hit everything without even really trying. Even the much maligned Black Widow ramp on Avengers - once I got used to the geometry, I could combo that ramp & it was ultra satisfying. Talking about tight shots out of the entire context of a game or only having played it a few times is meaningless.

This

#69 4 years ago

OK,I'd like to say about Houdini> I bought one when they came out!! Played it for about a year! Milkcan shot was impossible on my pin! Both center shots would brick 90% if the time! Wizard mode depended on the impossible milkcan shot,not doable!! Traded it for a RZ,and never looked back!! I had other players better than myself play it,and came up with the same feeling> shots too tight for a average player!!

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

Kaneda (and if you are reading this then please pay attention) will pull a Wonka on this game. He gets all crazy excited and sets unreasonable expectations on games. When they don't meet his expectations, then he trashes the game. Everyone knows the game will be unique and challenging. Why? Because we've seen TNA. Scott likes more classic solid state games. They are fast, brutal games. A lot of them had some really unique layouts and shots. This game will also have great lights, sounds, and humor. How do we know this...because that is what Spooky and Scott do best. The game will also have a great ruleset. Bowen re-created the ACNC ruleset to something unique and fantastic. Scott's rules for TNA are great. Kaneda has hated every Spooky game up to this point including TNA. Why would he change his mind? He is looking for a reason not to like it. My bet is that once it streams, he will start trashing it. He will sell his game on Ebay before it even gets made. His ADHD won't let him wait the 2 months to get it made. I love Spooky and respect Charlie, but it was a mistake to give Kaneda an early spot. Look how he repaid Jack for early access to Wonka. I hope I'm wrong because I don't want to see him drag Spooky through the mud. Rick and Morty will be a great game and I can't wait to play one. Hopefully someday I will pick one up second hand or get a spot if someone drops out. I got turned off by the show when I watched an early episode, but have since watched 2 full seasons worth and love the humor. Spooky and Scott will knock it out of the park! ACNC shots are tight, but it is my family's favorite game including my kids, ages 13 and 14 because it is unique and FUN!

Wow does this guy get it. It's like he read my fucking mind.

#71 4 years ago

Some of the shots do look tight.(Toight like a tiger) The shot second from left of playfield looks nearly impossible to hit because of the angle and the close proximity between post. Most of the other shots look wide enough though. I would hope that it plays nothing like Houdini. The last thing you would want is a TNA style Houdini. If it is tight-might want to consider swapping out balls with 1" instead. I tried to like Houdini-but it was 'Brick' city for me.

Toight.jpgToight.jpgrick-and-morty-pinball-machine.jpgrick-and-morty-pinball-machine.jpg
    #72 4 years ago

As this is a Houdini thread, I’ll add that I like em tight. That game is challenging but fun. It has 4 difficult shots, but it is fair. It doesn’t have cheap drains, rather the damage is self inflicted, caused from a lack of ball control and poor aim. It can be tamed with settings, and can be adjusted up as the player’s skill level builds. It creates an omg moment every time the ball is launched into the trunk.

Early indications point to R&M only having 2 tight shots. Sounds great. Build these games as fast as a tiger, Spooky.
    67CAD4B2-7E0C-4FFA-887C-3E3D88553069.jpeg67CAD4B2-7E0C-4FFA-887C-3E3D88553069.jpeg
    4C393C19-6392-469E-8DE0-56D048E2BF24.gif4C393C19-6392-469E-8DE0-56D048E2BF24.gif

#73 4 years ago

This thread was a real eye-opener for me. Had no idea anyone remembered Austin Powers 3, much less cared enough about it to make memes.

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

This thread was a real eye-opener for me. Had no idea anyone remembered Austin Powers 3, much less cared enough about it to make memes.

I don't think there is anything on earth that is unmemeable now.

Hey Austin Powers 3 was better than Austin Powers 2. It boggles the mind that they haven't cranked out a 4th one, I guess Myers isn't hurting for money.

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

I love Spooky and respect Charlie, but it was a mistake to give Kaneda an early spot.

All the games were sold regardless of what spot he has. He could receive the first game, hate it, podcast about how he hates it - and it wouldn't matter.

I'm glad he's getting an early game so I can hear all about it, the good and the bad. I ain't seeing one in person any time soon I'm sure, so let me hear all about it and watch gameplay streams.

#76 4 years ago

Scott has joked he lives on pinball players tears so I would imagine the game is challenging. He also mentioned on Buffalo podcast that’s it’s possible to make a brutal game easier over time w code changes etc. but not vice versus. Assuming a majority of the 750 are for home use some unique shots are welcomed.

#77 4 years ago

Tight don't automatically equal bad - look at JP, which is a great game. The crusade to rope Houdini complainers into this is pretty silly as it has nothing to do with that game and reeks of an agenda that goes far beyond the confines of anything having to do with Rick and Morty.

"Tight shots" was really just a gateway for Houdini complainers, who had plenty of other things to complain about on that game (art, animations, paragraph long rules explanations on screen, layout, sound, theme...)

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Good, I'm tired of fan layout games with your standard two big ramps and orbits.

Me too!

#79 4 years ago

Did Special K say they were tight or did he talk to someone who said they were tight? Then OP posts what he heard K man said. We are getting Third or third fourth hand information here.

#80 4 years ago

Does this mean he got one and we can finally open the club thread back up?

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Tight don't automatically equal bad - look at JP, which is a great game. The crusade to rope Houdini complainers into this is pretty silly as it has nothing to do with that game and reeks of an agenda that goes far beyond the confines of anything having to do with Rick and Morty.
    "Tight shots" was really just a gateway for Houdini complainers, who had plenty of other things to complain about on that game (art, animations, paragraph long rules explanations on screen, layout, sound, theme...)

You forget the ones that wanted to bitch because they believed that somehow JPop was involved with the game too.

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

You forget the ones that wanted to bitch because they believed that somehow JPop was involved with the game too.

He was - for a few months. They produced his usual "Box of lights" at a rather pitiful expo seminar. A few days later they came to their senses, hired Joe Balcer, and completely redesigned the game from the ground up - AND produced it that same year.

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

He was - for a few months. They produced his usual "Box of lights" at a rather pitiful expo seminar. A few days later they came to their senses, hired Joe Balcer, and completely redesigned the game from the ground up - AND produced it that same year.

I do remember all that. I even remember good ole Cornelius went to Vegas to get a preview of the box of lights and he said JPop was right there in the room. They quickly removed Jpop after he finished his Magic Girl's and threw his ass right out. The finished Houdini has ZERO to do with JPop.

Now you have Deeproot haters because of JPop

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I do remember all that. I even remember good ole Cornelius went to Vegas to get a preview of the box of lights and he said JPop was right there in the room. They quickly removed Jpop after he finished his Magic Girl's and threw his ass right out. The finished Houdini has ZERO to do with JPop.
    Now you have Deeproot haters because of JPop

I remember Corny started his review with "This ain't no box of lights!" which was funny considering they didn't let him get within 10 feet of it. The actual production game did end up resembling the Styrofoam version in some ways didn't it? I don't really remember.

#85 4 years ago

I heard Cornhole is starting his own podcast

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Finally, one I'd listen to!

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from bonzo442:

Elvira has A wide open gaper

I don’t know,it looked pretty tight in the pictures I saw online!

#88 4 years ago

You can see they have change something because the inserts under the right ramp are not aligned anymore.
    Looks like the right ramp has shift a bit to the right.
    So that make the next shot to the right to tight i think.
    I hope they put the right ramp back to the left a bit.
    So everything looks and shoots better.
    ae643fc95d16aa29fbfb4b639b02a3bb376ed910~01 (resized).jpgae643fc95d16aa29fbfb4b639b02a3bb376ed910~01 (resized).jpg

#89 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballwil:

You can see they have change something because the inserts under the right ramp are not aligned anymore.
    Looks like the right ramp has swift a bit to the right.

Not from a picture you can't. Have a little patience. First batch is boxed up and I would imagine on the move.

We'll be seeing some game play soon enough.

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

What is it going to be called? Meth, Vodka, and the Silverball?

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballwil:

Looks like the right ramp has swift a bit to the right.
    and shoots better.[quoted image]

So Spooky is getting schwifty?

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That dude is straight out of Michael Douglas Falling Down! LOL

That SOB is still lurking. He'll call my office on Monday like he's done before.

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It would be a one and done though. LOL

Nothing but four letter words

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So Spooky is getting schwifty?

Haha i mean shift.

4 months later
    #95 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

That dude is straight out of Michael Douglas Falling Down! LOL
    That SOB is still lurking. He'll call my office on Monday like he's done before.

Following up with this. Did that shitbag ever call you?

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/straight-from-he-who-shall-not-be-named/page/2?hl=pmaino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.