(Topic ID: 72201)

Straight from Borg: New songs coming to Metallica!

By Nuclear_Waste

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

In the new Spooky Pinball podcast (around 30 minutes in), John Borg talks about new songs coming to Metallica.

Specifically, he references putting something from Death Magnetic in coffin multiball mode--like My Apocalypse or All Nightmare Long, plus the possibility of of a fan-voted song being added.

http://www.spookypinball.com/podcast-2/

Cool!

#3 10 years ago

This sounds great but ill believe it when I see it. So far it's been all faith and little substance, still believing code will come though.

#4 10 years ago

New songs would be awesome!!

They need to add something from St. Anger

Frantic would be awesome!!!!!!!!!

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

This sounds great but ill believe it when I see it. So far it's been all faith and little substance, still believing code will come though.

You contradict yourself????? Which is it, you believe or you don't?

#6 10 years ago

I believe code will come, new songs a lot tougher to believe in.

Learn to read before you make a post criticizing, you idiot.

#7 10 years ago

I am in the minority but I would love to see Nothing Else Matters in the game.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Minority? That's a great song!

I'm guessing new songs are a possibility due to Metallica being really into this game. I bet there's more of a "hey if it'll make the game cooler, go for it" mentality than a "call the lawyers and agents" mentality.

#9 10 years ago

I'd like to see nothing else matters as well.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Minority? That's a great song!
I'm guessing new songs are a possibility due to Metallica being really into this game. I bet there's more of a "hey if it'll make the game cooler, go for it" mentality than a "call the lawyers and agents" mentality.

I hope that is true. But the podcast said that Borg hadn't talked with the band directly. That was a bit of a downer... But I'm hopeful this power pack makes the game even more awesome!

#11 10 years ago

Blackened

#12 10 years ago

For whom the bell tolls, or sanitarium get my vote!

#13 10 years ago

Dyers Eve -- I don't hold much hope for this one as it doesn't get much attention, but it's one of my favorites!

#14 10 years ago

Frayed Ends of Sanity

#15 10 years ago

All nightmare long...my favorite! Please Please !

#16 10 years ago

So what is the difference between a power pack and a normal code upgrade... Or is power pack a marketing term for bigger code upgrade... Does power pack imply a physical modification/upgrade? More memory, etc.

#17 10 years ago

Stern slang for new code update... nothing other than that from what I have read.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

For whom the bell tolls, or sanitarium get my vote!

For whom... is already in the game

#19 10 years ago

Am I Evil would be great, except it's Diamondhead's song and most people would lose the ball before the song really starts kicking ass

#20 10 years ago

My vote, Four horsemen for speed. Orion for the fact that the song is cool as hell.

#21 10 years ago

My Apocalypse is a great song, that would be a good choice if that's true.

I second the backing of either Four Horsemen or Sanitarium if they want to stay with classic stuff though.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Seriously? I used to slow dance to that in junior high. Meh, the pin needs some more pre-Newstad tunes.

#23 10 years ago

Wait... does Song choice even do anything? I thought it was just like putting my headphones on while I play. I have been fairly disappointed with how songs are almost pointless to the game.

#24 10 years ago

that's one of the only things I like about acdc - each song has its own shots.
basically with metallica, it just what you want for background noise.

#25 10 years ago

IMO "Fight Fire With Fire" is the best possible Metallica song for pinball, and it is missing.

Next up are "Metal Militia" followed by "Whiplash".

From Death Magnetic, "That Was Just Your Life" would be my choice though it takes a bit to get started.

#26 10 years ago

Anything lightning through justice would suit me fine.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Wait... does Song choice even do anything? I thought it was just like putting my headphones on while I play. I have been fairly disappointed with how songs are almost pointless to the game.

AC/DC is great - but every pinball machine that's ever had music has specific music that plays during specific events. Metallica is no different - except you can pick your "neutral" non-mode music....which is a nice touch that most other games lack.

#28 10 years ago

I actually like the current coffin multiball. I think more songs would be great but I wouldn't mess with coffin.

Maybe instead add MORE MODES PLZ!!!

#29 10 years ago

I would love to see Hit the Lights. Along with that a corresponding mode where all the lights go out and as you make each individual shot they come back on.

#30 10 years ago

One of the new songs should be The Day That Never Comes from Death Magnetic in reference to the code update itself.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from conserx:

One of the new songs should be The Day That Never Comes from Death Magnetic in reference to the code update itself.

A like will simply not do on this one very funny!

#32 10 years ago

Swords of Fury theme for the win!

rd.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

that's one of the only things I like about acdc - each song has its own shots.
basically with metallica, it just what you want for background noise.

I like that I can hear any Metallica song I want regardless of play strategy. And that the songs change during multiball.

If you have a preferred strategy for AC/DC, you hear the same song for a good chunk of each game (or the entire game, if you suck like I do). Also, multiball feels less like an event since the same song just keeps playing. To me that's the biggest drawback of how they implemented the music in AC/DC.

#34 10 years ago

More songs? Until the code gets updated properly, nothing else matters.

#35 10 years ago

New songs for each band member mode would be cool

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 12.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/straight-from-borg-new-songs-coming-to-metallica and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.