12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by citerne
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-10.jpg
    image-6.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

I never got this question answered.

Okay, so Taito of Brazil took existing USA pins & changed the graphics & sound on them. Some localizing can be understood, like the Portuguese speech and such. But what is with some tables? The Zarza table sounds like a random compilation of sounds ranging from simple beeps to really trippy stuff. Some of it is fun to listen to on its own.

But is there a creative reason? Does Xenon translate to some bad slang in Portugese? The Titan artwork I didn't understand. Barracora has the coolest HR Geiger-ish artwork I've ever seen, and they put some Japanese 1950s flavor to it.

#2 12 years ago

I can't really answer your question 'per se', but would love to own of these pins!

I'm a big fan of Taito's arcade division so what better to compliment one of their vids w/ one of their pins!

I occasionally fire them up on Pinmame to see the differences compared to the original. I also browse Ebay Brazil and see what they have available...

Here is some of my favorites...

image-6.jpgimage-6.jpg image-10.jpgimage-10.jpg

7 years later
    #3 4 years ago

I have made a video about Taito pinballs from Brazil. Have a look but it's a video with french langage.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/story-behind-taitos-tables and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.