1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by chad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinRetail.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 1 year ago

Glass can have weird problems with moisture, it's like the silicon leaches out, leaving what looks like white soap residue. This is accelerated if the sheets of glass are stored together with no dividers.

I find this most often when glass is stacked flat.

At my shop I have a stand-up area next to each workbench, about six inches across. I stand up the sheets of glass, and if they don't have plastic sheeting or plastic bags between each sheet of glass I'll put a piece of cardboard between each sheet.

Six inches wide, 25 inches deep (for a couple of wide-body sheets mixed in) could store 20+ sheets of glass. I store it on edge 'the tall way'.

The bottom of these glass storage areas is wood. I don't want to set glass into the bin too hard on a metal or stone surface.

Glass is heavy! Expensive to ship! So I generally buy 10-20 sheets in bulk when I visit Marco. This never becomes more than what the little areas next to the benches will hold, so I've never needed a LOT of glass storage.

My first pinball job had this arrangement... to the right side of every person's pinball bench was an area to put the machine's glass and backglass, and to store sheets of fresh glass. It's an arrangement that serves the workflow of a pinball bench pretty well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinRetail.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/storing-playfield-glass?tu=PinRetail and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.