Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by DaveH
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 4 years ago

Sell a few games that you could more easily get back at a later date.
    Or
    Find a friend that can store games for you

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Sounds like I should buy some land and invest in a storage unit

Have you ever thought of buying a second house in your neighborhood, using it as a rental, and keeping the rental house garage to use as your storage?
    I am serious.

Looking at your neighborhood it appears $120k will buy you a reasonable 3b/1ba ranch. Appears you could add a garage to most of the homes that dont have one. Also appears that you can get 1000-1300 in rent and your neighborhood looks to probably have a nice tenant base.

So basically, I would advise selling a few of your newer games to raise 20k in down payment capital (if you dont have it already on hand; guessing you likely do). Take that 20k, put in a little sweat equity over the winter and you have a positive cash flow investment already PLUS you get to use that rental garage as your overflow storage.

The numbers work out pretty easy on this one.

Why pay for storage, when you can get paid AND get free storage?

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from jjoravec:

Neat Idea, I may have to think about that.

It works. There honestly is not much to it if you are even somewhat handy (i assume most on here are).

The biggest issue for most people seems to be finding the motivation to just do it! Once you get started, you will be surprised how easy it is.
    Once you get the snowball rolling you will ask yourself why you did not do it years ago.

Once you get the first house paid off (hopefully soon for me) and you see an extra 10k on your annual salary then the snowball can really pick up steam.

My advice is to buy smart, never use a real estate agent (they eat into profits and for $600 you can hire a good real estate lawyer to handle things for you), and just buy good bones.

After that the operational side is my least favorite but once you get a system down for finding and retaining good tenants then it gets better.

I am looking at my 5th rental to possibly purchase later today. This one has a big enough garage that I could wall off the entire back half, add security and temperature control for a little money, and have enough storage to fit all my current overflow

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/storage-unit-question?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.