Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by DaveH
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

It needs to be climate controlled year round.

Keep in mind that there are two kinds of climate controlled units. Units that are actually at a consistent set temperature, and units that have a large swing range from something like 50'F-80'F. Swing temperatures are not good for pins, especially during the weather transitions between seasons.

For any space, take advantage of as much vertical space as possible.

I found that these racks are a good fit for backboxes: https://www.lowes.com/pd/edsal-24-in-D-x-77-in-W-x-72-in-H-3-Tier-Steel-Freestanding-Shelving-Unit/3172913

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

That's why I mentioned to get an indoor storage place (Like the abandoned Mills slot machine factory on Fullerton in Chicago). They are maintained at 68° in the Winter and 75° in the Summer. At least in the Northern climate.

Around here, they play very loose with the "climate controlled" term, even with indoor units. You just really need to ask to what extent the unit is actually climate controlled.

1 year later
    #27 2 years ago
    Quoted from PhillyArcade:

I need to store some pins in a storage unit for a few months. Has anyone ever figured out how many pins folded up on end would fit in say a 10X15 storage unit?

If you figure about a 30" x 30" footprint per folded game, that could maybe give you a maximum of 24 games. Maybe less depending on the exact sizes of the games, how much gap space you loose between games, and the exact size of the space (ie, there aren't any support poles or floor plates in the way along the walls).

1 week later
    #34 2 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Since 1997 I have purchased seven pins NIB. I kept the large box (and all packing materials) for some in my crawl space, thinking I might reuse the box if I ever sold a pin in order to buy a different game. But I have not sold any (and probably never will).
    The popularity of Storage Wars on cable TV made me think about renting a small unit (they occasionally offer the first month free), putting all my empty pinball boxes in it (all nicely taped up to look like sealed NIB games), and not paying any further storage charges. Can you imagine people bidding on the defaulted unit after being allowed to look in but not touch anything? The winning bidder would sure be in for a surprise.

Now that's just evil

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/storage-unit-question?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.