New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 262292)

Storage of stencils (Pinball Pimp)

By Pinasco

9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by PinballPimp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 months ago

I've got my pinball pimp stencils today - still in the original tube, unopenend. I'm not going to paint and spray the cabinet on my EM-pin until late summer this year.
    Question might be stupid (yes sir ) but here goes: does is matter if I open the tube and take the stencils out now, or is better to keep them rolled up until it is time for the fun part ?

#2 9 months ago

I've used pinball pimp stencils and I think I asked him how long they would stay good and I believe he told me up to six months but I think it's best if you lay them out flat rather than leave them in the tube rolled up.

You can always email Jeff at pinball pimp he's pretty good about answering any questions you have

#3 9 months ago

I don't think the tube is actually going to preserve anything.. its not like its hermetically sealed. I would just keep them in the tube and out of the way until a few days before I am going to use them, then roll them out flat.

#4 9 months ago

Well that mystery got solved fast- thanks for the idea timab

Jeff just answered and was very helpful even though I'm only a second hand buyer this time. I bought it from the guy who bought it from Pinball Pimp
    The answer is; they have a estimated shelf life of 2 years. It is recommended to take them out of the tube a few days before use and weigh them down flat at the edges for the vinyl to release tension. Another advise is to keep them climate controlled.

Needless to say, I'm impressed !

#5 9 months ago

Glad to hear you got hold of Jeff he's a great guy and his products are awesome so I think you'll be real happy with them when you do finally use them.

Good luck on repainting your game and make sure you post pictures so we can see it

#6 9 months ago

His stencils are wonderful... I did have a problem of my own making... I attempted to peel and use them in temps below 60 degrees and had problems... waiting for temps to warm up in the afternoon and everything worked perfctly thereafter... so, the warmer, the better.

1 week later
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 6.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Siegecraft Electronics
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 39.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Concealed Art
    $ 89.99
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 1,200.00
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 68.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 19.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Flipper Room
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 49.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside