Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Slayer
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    photo_3.JPG
    photo_2.JPG
    photo_1.JPG
    There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

While up at Pinfest a few weeks ago, I purchased 4 sheets of Invisiglass from Joe at PinballStar Amusements and requested that I pick them up from JJP's warehouse in Lakewood, NJ as it is just 20 minutes from my house. I made the trip over to JJP this morning and met Jack, his daughter Jen and son Jack junior. I have to say that they are a great family and were very accomodating. While picking up the 4 sheets of Invisiglass, I asked Jen if I could try a game of WOZ.

Jen took me into the warehouse where the games are being assembled...there were tons of them lined up being assembled and tested. She introduced me to her brother Jack who showed me a WOZ machine and let me play for a while. The game is probably the best looking machine I have ever seen and there are quite a few new modes since I last played at Pinfest. It's really looking and playing great. Jack jr. was great in showing me all the new modes in the game and explaining how to activate them. It helped that the Playfield glass was off and we were therefore able to cheat to get to see the various modes. Jack also let me take a few pictures in the warehouse. It sounds like it is still a little slow in getting games out the door but they hope to increase the pace over time.

I have not ordered a WOZ (not so crazy about the theme) but have a deposit on The Hobbit LE. I put the deposit down on the Hobbit with Joe Newhart from PinballStar Amusements. I would highly recommend ordering from PinballStar. Joe is a great guy and is doing a wonderful thing in donating proceeds from each machine sold to donate WOZ machines to various children's hospitals. I have a son with special needs and can really appreciate what Joe is doing. I had the pleasure of spending some time at Joe's house during his WOZ launch party a few months ago and got to know Joe and his family and they are great people, just like the Guarnieri's. And his collection is amazing, best I have ever seen and everything is in incredible condition. It definitely got my itch going and resulted in me purchasing 4 machines since (including the deposit on the Hobbit). Joe's house was the first time I saw the Invisiglass and have to say that it is one of the best mods in pinball...I put the glass on my tables this afternoon and they look incredible with little to no glare, actually looks like the glass is off the machine.

For all those that ordered WOZ, you have a great machine coming and sounds like the code is continually being updated. It will definitely be worth the wait! And if you are on the fence about purchasing Invisiglass...go for it, it's incredible.

#2 10 years ago

Thanks for the virtual peek inside the Emerald City! Any hope of seeing the photos you shot?

#3 10 years ago

How many jacks are in their family

#4 10 years ago

Nice story...thanks for posting

#5 10 years ago

I thought from the thread title they'd prevented you from doing something.

#6 10 years ago

Thanks for sharing

Glad you enjoyed it.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

Thanks for the virtual peek inside the Emerald City! Any hope of seeing the photos you shot?

Pics would be really cool too. Thanks for sharing the story.

#8 10 years ago

Hook, line and sinker!

#9 10 years ago

Did you see my office ?

LTG : )

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Did you see my office ?

It's a great office. There is pins everywhere. A dream office!

#11 10 years ago

Jack, from the 2 times I have met him, seems to be a great guy. I sat at the table with him at the TPF and he picked up the tab for the whole table. He did try to kill me though by giving me a jar of rocket fuel to drink

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Hook, line and sinker!

That reminds me,Fish Tales is a wonderful pin so fun and looks
    really good with LEDS Hook Line and Sinker

#13 10 years ago

Reading the title, I though you were going to say that Jack sent you a Cease and Desist letter.

#14 10 years ago

Attached are a few of the pictures I took while there!

photo_1.JPGphoto_1.JPG photo_2.JPGphoto_2.JPG photo_3.JPGphoto_3.JPG

#15 10 years ago

Huge factory with a handful of guys it seems. Wonder if he cant afford more people or if he cant find more people.

#17 10 years ago

I'd be all over one of those rotisseries if he decided to sell 'em.

#18 10 years ago

Quite a few Standards. When did the flipper button change? It looks more orange now.

#19 10 years ago

Probably red on the standard version and green on the ECLE

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Huge factory with a handful of guys it seems. Wonder if he cant afford more people or if he cant find more people.

or about 20 other possibilities.

and pinsiders want to know why more pictures and videos are not put on pinside.

#21 10 years ago

Christ just a observation..............WOW sensitive much.

#22 10 years ago

You didn't happen to catch a glimpse at any Hobbit related items, did you?

#23 10 years ago

Love to hear reports like this. I've had a soft spot for Jack since he sold me my first game and was very hands on about it.

I was 100% negative on this theme from the get-go, but I'm coming around to it. It's all about theme integration, not the theme itself...combined with gameplay and rules. If WOZ has all three I will be getting one eventually. I could say the same thing about Metallica. Not a fan of the band but the machine looks great. If it actually IS great than ill be into it.

It's been a loooooonnnnnggggg wait for WOZ, but I believe in Jack and Keith and by the looks of things they are rolling these babies off the line and getting them into homes and on location.

This is a watershed time for pinball! Hats off to Stern and JJP for this new golden era of pinball!!

#24 10 years ago

Unfortunately no sign of anything Hobbit related. I asked about it and they said that only what was already released ( lower playfield schematic). Looks like most Hobbit related information is being kept under wraps for now.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Christ just a observation..............WOW sensitive much.

Master of the obvious..........WOW Negative

#26 10 years ago

Cool pics of the JJP factory...thanks! I went for Metallica, as they are one of my favorite groups, but WOZ looks awesome and is very tempting. Good tip on the Invisaglass as well...

#27 10 years ago

Yeah why so many non LE games. I cant see people buying that many none LE games in the first couple of weeks when the LE's were available for $6500.

#28 10 years ago

Man we sure like to get worked up about our pinball machines.

Sometimes I feel like we are all obsessive idiots bickering about overpriced shit no one in the real world cares about.

The biggest collectors I know seem to post nothing here...

Hey look a duck!

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from DougPiranha:

Master of the obvious..........WOW Negative

So if something is obvious it's not worth talking discussing? I think a lot of people are interested in what the current staffing levels are at any given time at the factory because it indicates how quickly machines are being made and how long many people here will have to wait to get their WOZ so I think it's a pretty relevant observation to bring up. But of course because its not 'good news' it must be trolling...

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from murfe88:

Yeah why so many non LE games. I cant see people buying that many none LE games in the first couple of weeks when the LE's were available for $6500.

Jack probably bought a lot of Standards for himself to put on location. Getting some of these on location while there is still some buzz about the recent Oz movie is quite important.

#31 10 years ago

Chocky, any good places to play pins in Leatherhead and up in Manchester? Any WOZ in London?

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from murfe88:

Most likely those non-LEs are for the showrooms of the distributors. Jack said that some would be built for that purpose in the early stages of shipping.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Most likely those non-LEs are for the showrooms of the distributors. Jack said that some would be built for that purpose in the early stages of shipping.

So do you think these jump ahead of those that ordered and have been waiting almost 2 1/2 years ?

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from murfe88:

So do you think these jump ahead of those that ordered and have been waiting almost 2 1/2 years ?

They are not customer games. They are for promoting sales and distributor showrooms just like games sent to pinball shows.

In the other pictures I have seen of the factory, there is a row of customer games with the LE trim and there is a row of the standard trim.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

They are not customer games. They are for promoting sales just like games sent to pinball shows.

I dont think that is right. I am sure some will disagree with me and thats fine but you have people who have been waiting a long time and paid in full a long time ago only to see games going out to locations jumping ahead of those that paid and got this company off the ground.

I understand the need to get games out on route but I also understand that money was collect a long time ago from allot of people and many many time frames were missed. At 10 games a week getting built I think those people should get there games first.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from murfe88:

I dont think that is right. I am sure some will disagree with me and thats fine but you have people who have been waiting a long time and paid in full a long time ago only to see games going out to locations jumping ahead of those that paid and got this company off the ground.

I understand the need to get games out on route but I also understand that money was collect a long time ago from allot of people and many many time frames were missed. At 10 games a week getting built I think those people should get there games first.

I wouldn't worry about it until you knew for sure what is going on.

#37 10 years ago

I was there yesterday and I saw this:
    (with a sign on the door "Closed for the Memorial Day Holidays"

image.jpgimage.jpg

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from murfe88:

So do you think these jump ahead of those that ordered and have been waiting almost 2 1/2 years

Some of the current owners (actually have a game in their hands) have not waited 2.5 years !

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Some of the current owners (actually have a game in their hands) have not waited 2.5 years !

Thanks I feel much better now.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Man we sure like to get worked up about our pinball machines.

Sometimes I feel like we are all obsessive idiots bickering about overpriced shit no one in the real world cares about.

The biggest collectors I know seem to post nothing here...

I don't agree with all the things you post but this one gets a

+1

I came to pinside a few years ago to read about pinball machines and found a great web site. In the future I will attempt to avoid being sucked in by the trolling and negativity. TY PW79

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Seconded. Some of them that have games and claimed to have ordered on "day one" are just plain not telling the truth.

...As for the empty factory, I know JJP is still running the ad for workers. Maybe people aren't responding? Maybe they aren't qualified? Who knows...

#42 10 years ago

The build quality of the WOz is stunning. Cabinet, playfield, sound especially, art all great.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrDo:

Seconded. Some of them that have games and claimed to have ordered on "day one" are just plain not telling the truth.

...As for the empty

There has been a plethora of favoritism during this whole process. Some of the people who claim that where not even in the hobby at that time. Money talks.......

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Chocky, any good places to play pins in Leatherhead and up in Manchester? Any WOZ in London?

I don't play pins on location often and I have never been to Manchester or Leatherhead. I know a few in London but this site will help you find UK pins on location.

http://www.pinformer.co.uk/

As for WOZ as far as I know, there is only one test machine that has been passed around. I've been able to play it a few times at two locations. Not sure where it is now but it was in Farnborough, Surrey about 5 weeks ago at Matt Adam's place. If he's still got it he might be willing to let you have a go. Otherwise, get in touch with Phil at Pinball Heaven as it is his machine.

#45 10 years ago

The majority of customers that have received their games either ordered on day one or bought the game from somebody that ordered on day one.
    I know that is how Vyzer got his so early and yes he probably paid more than most people because the LE was already sold out and the few that were selling were getting over $7500.

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from DougPiranha:

I don't agree with all the things you post but this one gets a
    +1
    I came to pinside a few years ago to read about pinball machines and found a great web site. In the future I will attempt to avoid being sucked in by the trolling and negativity. TY PW79

Does this mean we are cool again & you will let me play your WOZ when you get it?

C'mon

I will bring bacon

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from ItsOnlyPinball:

Cool pics of the JJP factory...thanks! I went for Metallica, as they are one of my favorite groups, but WOZ looks awesome and is very tempting. Good tip on the Invisaglass as well...

When you gettin that Metallica?

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

I thought from the thread title they'd prevented you from doing something.

First person pronouns are good.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Does this mean we are cool again & you will let me play your WOZ when you get it?

Of course!

Mine is part of the Keller 5. I think we are early to mid June.

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

The build quality of the WOz is stunning. Cabinet, playfield, sound especially, art all great.

Thank u

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stopped-by-jersey-jack-pinball-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.